Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 02:54 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times

Advertisements

I guess Individual 1 supporters don't like to back up their extreme views with facts. They throw out the bait and as long as someone, anyone bites they are entertained by madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 02:58 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Enlisted soldiers are largely apolitical and most don’t even bother to vote.

It’s the officer corps that cares more about politics.

That said, the military is a right leaning organization for obvious reasons. Right wingers have a natural predisposition towards authoritarianism. That’s a conservative trait.

I went into the military as a guy that was neither here nor there politically, but all the authoritarianism and warmongering made me a far left wing liberal after I’d been in for a few years. But I was a college grad and had a more mature world view than my cohorts who were mostly just kids outta high school.
There's a lot of left wing authoritarianism too. Have to pay taxes to the government, forced social engineering, forced to listen to left-wing causes on TV/Internet, etc.

It goes both ways, but yes, it seems that the U.S. military is right-leaning. In a sense.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
There's a lot of left wing authoritarianism too. Have to pay taxes to the government, forced social engineering, forced to listen to left-wing causes on TV/Internet, etc.

It goes both ways, but yes, it seems that the U.S. military is right-leaning. In a sense.
You right wingers said that every positive development during the Civil Rights era like integrating the military was forced social engineering.

So excuse me for my skepticism.

As for taxes, go find a country where there are no taxes. See what that’s like.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I guess Individual 1 supporters don't like to back up their extreme views with facts. They throw out the bait and as long as someone, anyone bites they are entertained by madness.
I'm not a Trump supporter. I am an Independent.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You right wingers said that every positive development during the Civil Rights era like integrating the military was forced social engineering.

So excuse me for my skepticism.

As for taxes, go find a country where there are no taxes. See what that’s like.
I don't mean that. What I mean by social engineering is the SJW "you have to sit and listen to our oppression and how you can stop it", high taxes, etc, don't like businesses, etc.

I am an Independent. I lean conservative and liberal on some issues. I am not a right winger.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
I don't mean that. What I mean by social engineering is the SJW "you have to sit and listen to our oppression and how you can stop it", high taxes, etc, don't like businesses, etc.

I am an Independent. I lean conservative and liberal on some issues. I am not a right winger.
Again, all you Conservative leaners claimed that every positive development for African American rights was social engineering.

So when you guys use that term, I take it with a grain of salt because I know what you REALLY mean.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:54 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Thank God for those southern boys in.the military. They are our protectors. I would give take a Kentucky Trump supporter any day over a New York lunatic liberal.
Hmm. Being ex-military I really don't know where you get off saying that. My guess is you never served..

Old 01-17-2019, 05:00 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
So your view of this is soldiers packed their MAGA hats when deployed? (BTW, campaigning like this is a big no-no)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-17-2019, 05:00 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
No one ever said the majority the enlisted were America's most intelligent. I'd actually say that the military would prefer them to not be too smart so that they don't second guess or question orders from officers.

In all honesty though, I remember reading that a lot of troops do come from more rural areas with a higher concentration coming from the southeast. This makes them pre-disposed to being Republicans
Ass Hat

Old 01-17-2019, 05:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Why didn't U.S. troops show Carter, Clinton and Obama love?
They did. If you don't remember them rallying around Obama, then you have a very short memory. The crowd size has never been smaller than during Trump visit, which tends to prove they allowed only Trump supporting troops to the event, and they could not find too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies