Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 12:22 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,773,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's only right in the mind of a greedy person who thinks of other people as being nothing more than toilet paper.
The greedy person is the one who demands a lot of MONEY from other people in exchange for low value contribution.
Keeping money is not greed. Demanding money from others IS GREED. Make sure you understand it.
We should automate all low end jobs, so we dont have to rely on low value contribution from people who think hat their contribution has a high value. If you need a paper tissue to blow your nose, I can offer you one, but then I will take your house in return. Yeah, right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 12:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There goes many family businesses.

Not sure why Dad should be taxed for leaving his children money.
Sean Lennon and the Hilton and Kardashian children are poster children for why....

Old 01-18-2019, 12:51 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
I think the main complaint isn't about what car or gadgets you can get, but mainly about housing which is peoples biggest expense. If we could increase the supply of housing to finally meet demand, a lot of these complaints would go away I'm sure

Old 01-18-2019, 01:29 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A lower tax rate than who? The middle class pays an average effective federal income tax rate of only 7%. The capital gains tax rate is 20%. 20 is greater than 7. What am I missing?

Additionally, if the hedge fund manager doesn't produce results for his/her clients, which include pension funds both public and private, they lose their jobs and their income. So, contrary to the opinion of those who choose to remain ignorant, there actually is work involved in being a hedge fund manager.
Which is why we need to differentiate between creators, neutral, and destroyers. The true venture guys are heroes, but on the other end there are the Lamperts etc...

The neutral should simply be taxed as income unless it is their money in the game.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:37 PM

662 posts, read 313,021 times
Rich people have done a great job getting right wingers who aren't rich to worry excessively about keeping them rich.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I think the main complaint isn't about what car or gadgets you can get, but mainly about housing which is peoples biggest expense. If we could increase the supply of housing to finally meet demand, a lot of these complaints would go away I'm sure
Remove all government regulations and zoning laws, you will have housing surplus in a few years.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:00 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
Fat people have too much food. We should go to their houses and empty their refrigerators.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:12 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Fat people have too much food. We should go to their houses and empty their refrigerators.
Not a very well thought out analogy.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:39 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Id rather see it help pay for government then for the lazy genetic lottery winners mooch off of it.
Spoken like a true genetic lottery loser.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:33 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Spoken like a true genetic lottery loser.

Bwqahahaha. Hilarious. Sorry, no worries, so far im doing fine on my own. I will probably inherit far more then the average person, but honestly im also pretty happy not doing so. I didn't have to be successful by my parents gave giving me everything. I dont think of that as being a loser. But I do have some examples of them in my life. My step siblings were given everything by my step mom. They are the absolute worst losers I have ever met. One LITERALLY had a Harvard education paid for....and has never worked a day in his life, and is poor because they stopped enabling him. He took up space there, and is returning nothing to the society or country. Thats part of why this "give it to the kids" nonsense is so damaging.

Know what I find ironic? The person who uses a name like "working hard", then calls someone a loser because they didn't inherit their success. Your response is spoken like someone who makes it in life because of others success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies