Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 11:55 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Just a sad story that might have ended worse if the employee had not been armed.

Would have ended a lot better if bad guy with gun didn't have a gun in the first place.
Everyone would still be alive and it would just be a story about an argument in an IHOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 12:12 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,747,194 times
Bad guys are going to get guns by hook or by crook...it's a great thing this hero was carrying. Very sad that he lost his father.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:31 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,765,572 times
I suppose the NRA looks at this as a positive, after all a bad guy got shot down. I look at as a failure. An IHOP was terrorized with a gun battle, two people are dead and another in the hospital, all due to prevalence and encouragement to carry handguns.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:33 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I suppose the NRA looks at this as a positive, after all a bad guy got shot down. I look at as a failure. An IHOP was terrorized with a gun battle, two people are dead and another in the hospital, all due to prevalence and encouragement to carry handguns.
Bad guys have carried guns since the old west. Good guys need to protect themselves.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Bad guys are going to get guns by hook or by crook...it's a great thing this hero was carrying. Very sad that he lost his father.
Very sad that anyone was shot.
Anyone can get a gun by hook or crook, good or bad.
What makes you think that the 'good guy' was a 'good guy'?
He's a hero because he shot someone?
You can come up with all the imaginary scenarios you want.
Bad guys get guns... good guys get guns...bad guys shoot good guys... good guys shoot bad guys.
At the end of the day three people were shot and the best case scenario would have been that nobody had a gun in the first place.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:39 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Would have ended a lot better if bad guy with gun didn't have a gun in the first place.
Everyone would still be alive and it would just be a story about an argument in an IHOP.
It's incredible you really think that. You are not in touch with reality if you think you can keep guns out of the hands of bad guys.

Ridiculous. Whatever happened to logic?

Since the bad guy did indeed have gun (surprise!), the good guy with a gun saved numerous lives. Maybe dozens. The people who cannot see that have purposely blinded themselves to reality.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:40 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,747,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Very sad that anyone was shot.
Anyone can get a gun by hook or crook, good or bad.
What makes you think that the 'good guy' was a 'good guy'?
He's a hero because he shot someone?
You can come up with all the imaginary scenarios you want.
Bad guys get guns... good guys get guns...bad guys shoot good guys... good guys shoot bad guys.
At the end of the day three people were shot and the best case scenario would have been that nobody had a gun in the first place.
Ask the diners and employees if the young man who killed the animal is a hero...I wonder what they'd say?

Old 01-18-2019, 12:47 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,707 times
without knowing the background on this story why are people assuming "good" guy "bad" guy etc..etc.

it sounds like a personal grievance that got blown out of hand because guns were there period!

because we are overloaded with guns means "we" have to accept them is the argument..

the second amendment and all...i personally think i need a large cannon to defend myself..why cant i get one immediately!

could it be those pesky gun control people?

Old 01-18-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
It's incredible you really think that. You are not in touch with reality if you think you can keep guns out of the hands of bad guys.

Ridiculous. Whatever happened to logic?

Since the bad guy did indeed have gun (surprise!), the good guy with a gun saved numerous lives. Maybe dozens. The people who cannot see that have purposely blinded themselves to reality.

What's so incredible about it?

How do you know the good guy saved numerous lives?
How do you know what was going to happen next?

You don't. You're just imagining what might have happened.
Other countries are perfectly able to get by without multiple gun deaths every 5 minutes. Imagine that!

Old 01-18-2019, 12:52 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Sadly, the shooter killed the father of the man who killed him. This happened in my hometown at the IHOP I used to take my daughter to.

Huntsville IHOP shooter kills employee, is killed by victim
Quote:
Police say it stared [sic]when 25-year-old Roderick Turner went to IHOP to pick up a carryout order. He reportedly became disruptive and loud regarding the service, which lead to a verbal then physical altercation with another IHOP employee. Turner then pulled out a handgun and started firing at employees, striking two employees.
All that over a stack of pancakes? IHOP isn't that good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies