Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 08:37 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, you misunderstood. Trump won fair and square. I was careful, however, not to say it was a fair election, because it wasn't.

Your side has used immigration policy to import tens of millions of voters to cancel out the votes of native Americans and for decades has used the mainstream media to warp voters' morals as well as their understanding of the world around them. Your side is guilty of permanent and profound election interference, and nothing could be sillier than talking about Russian election interference in 2016.
Did you really post this with a straight face?

Old 01-19-2019, 08:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, you misunderstood. Trump won fair and square. I was careful, however, not to say it was a fair election, because it wasn't.

Your side has used immigration policy to import tens of millions of voters to cancel out the votes of native Americans and for decades has used the mainstream media to warp voters' morals as well as their understanding of the world around them. Your side is guilty of permanent and profound election interference, and nothing could be sillier than talking about Russian election interference in 2016.
Mr. Hatfield; allow me to introduce you to Mr. McCoy another inbred retard who will get great joy sitting on his porch beside his thirty year old washer/dryer combo yelling obscenities at you from across the ditch which serves as both fresh water source and sewage removal.

Both you idiots will run afoul of drinking water downstream of your own chit.

Morons.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:42 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I thought it was saying it was false that Trump could get rid of people because now they have been furloughed due to emergency not that they were furloughed due to a reduction in force.

I saw nothing in that fact-check or the actual statute that says Trump can't fire them after 30 days, just that it isn't required by law.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:46 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Stupid wall idea? Is that what you said back in 2006 when the actual wall bill passed with both Schumer and Obama's signature on it? What's stupid about building good physical barriers on the border that have already proven to work?
What about the tunnels? Airplanes? Busses? Cars? Bikes? Of course the border has many problems.

Those are human beings fleeing from horrible conditions. In case you have not noticed, this is happening all over the world.

There needs to be more humane solutions. Sounds like the democrats have some money allocated for better check points, more asylum judges. More border patrol agents. Also, great fences need to divide our countries, but not shoot people down, because they are different from you and seeking a better life.

I hope in my lifetime that wars can end and people can just get along. What a dream. Martin Luther King Jr had a dream; maybe we should expand on that dream. Just saying. We need to quit being closed minded and think beyond what we think we know.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK and what exactly is the emergency? The latest caravan talk is entirely a farce with any passer-by in Mexico being a caravan member by Fox News...

What do you mean by farce? That there are no caravans?

"Some 1,500 Central Americans forced their way across Mexico’s southern border early Friday and began their trek north toward the U.S. in the first migrant caravan of the year, stoking the heated political debate in the U.S. over a border wall. An estimated 1,700 more were waiting at the border town of Tecún-Umán, Guatemala, with the aim of entering Mexico legally, a senior Mexican immigration official said."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/another...er-11547850625

Old 01-19-2019, 08:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What do you mean by farce? That there are no caravans?

"Some 1,500 Central Americans forced their way across Mexico’s southern border early Friday and began their trek north toward the U.S. in the first migrant caravan of the year, stoking the heated political debate in the U.S. over a border wall. An estimated 1,700 more were waiting at the border town of Tecún-Umán, Guatemala, with the aim of entering Mexico legally, a senior Mexican immigration official said."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/another...er-11547850625
Oops there's those pesky things that we on the right call FACTS

Old 01-19-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Even Pres. Trump wouldn't be stupid enough to go as far as to declare Martial Law at this point. He'd be impeached unanimously within a couple hours, and he knows it.

He's going to do something at 3pm that he feels is spectacular, and I think it'll be fairly shocking, but what exactly it is, we won't know until then.

Maybe he is getting Putin to pay for the wall.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:59 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
One party power is a dictatorship and that's the goal of open borders. You would be all for it until you got it and experienced the fact that the party won't care about you anymore than they do an Angle Mom.

So hoping for a Martial Law declaration in order to stop one party power but creating one party power is justifiable to you?

Old 01-19-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
"We are going to pull out of Syria"

"No you aren't".

"No, I'm not".

He is no different. The only difference is he can't control his tongue.

He hasn't changed his decision. The process of pulling out troops began a week ago.

The U.S. Has Started Pulling Troops Out of Syria | Time

Old 01-19-2019, 09:05 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
He hasn't changed his decision. The process of pulling out troops began a week ago.

The U.S. Has Started Pulling Troops Out of Syria | Time
I remember having this same conversation with those who claimed that Obama was going to live up to his promise and get us out of Afghanistan.

I'll give Trump credit if he does it but I'll bet that in a year, we are still there. We were pulling out of Iraq also but they quote a "Baghdad located official".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies