Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 07:11 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,659,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not true. It's up to the House to present a bill (which they have many times). It's up to the Senate and Trump then if they sign, or don't sign, it's up to the people to decide what to do from there.
Can you point us to the vast documents (Bills are very large) that the White House has provided many times? My thinking is that Stephen Miller and Trump have shouted some orders, but I am ready to read the full Bill if you can point me to it.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:15 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,872,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
"I have a pen and a phone.".

Who said that? Trump?

Nope - it was Barack Obama

All presidents try to get done what they can get done.
And the only thing Trump has done is at best use the phone for McConnell. He has also pissed off a lot of people. He has pissed off the Democrats by encouraging McConnell to table CRs, he has pissed off typical Republicans who are trying to do right by their constituents, he pissed off the government workers over his stunt and now he has pissed off his own base because they are now mad that he is talking about DACA for the wall. Many on the Trump side call it amnesty. I don't see Trump coming back from this and winning 2020 unless the economy sky rockets. He made this mess and has done little to make it better.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:25 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,634,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No but with continual comments of how in sync Russia and the Trump campaign were in and continual pushes by the Trump administration bowing and caving to Putin's will shows that they did help Trump. Whether it worked or not to sway votes is a different story, but Russia did help Trump if even to delegitimize the U.S. Presidency and not just because they like Trump.

Russia helped the Clintons also and we know Clintons took their money. No dispute about that.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:56 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Can you point us to the vast documents (Bills are very large) that the White House has provided many times? My thinking is that Stephen Miller and Trump have shouted some orders, but I am ready to read the full Bill if you can point me to it.
Don't add words to what I said and you'll get it.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:53 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,444,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
He can still deliver on it. There is no time limit. It remains one of his options since Democrats have no interest in negotiating. He won't declare Martial Law. He may declare an emergency. They are different.
A project of the scope Trump envisions is measured in years, or even decades, not months. It would be more than 5.7 billion dollars, that is just earnest money for a long-term commitment.

The legal wrangling over condemnation of property could easily take two years. Trump could conceivably be out of office before it is completed.

So in a sense there is a time limit, just not the kind most people are focusing on right at this moment.

What is Trump offering as a bargaining chip? A three year moratorium on deportations for select groups. Trump (assuming he is re-elected) could start deporting those people while much of the concrete is still green and much of the steel is still hot. And ending of the Dreamers program is already blocked by the courts, so for that he actually offers nothing.

In the meantime purists like Ann Coulter are freaking out and beating war drums over the tiniest effort Trump makes at conciliation, Trump has hounds baying at his heels from the right, so he has to offer nothing of substance and do the nudge-nudge wink-wink hoping Coulter and others of her type catch on to the joke.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:56 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And the only thing Trump has done is at best use the phone for McConnell. He has also pissed off a lot of people. He has pissed off the Democrats by encouraging McConnell to table CRs, he has pissed off typical Republicans who are trying to do right by their constituents, he pissed off the government workers over his stunt and now he has pissed off his own base because they are now mad that he is talking about DACA for the wall. Many on the Trump side call it amnesty. I don't see Trump coming back from this and winning 2020 unless the economy sky rockets. He made this mess and has done little to make it better.
Trump answers to no one. The guy actually has a backbone and is more stubborn than a mule, with an EGO as large as Mt. Everest
He was put in office to return the USA back to an independent nation, free from foreign interest.
The US Constitution is king, protected by the 2nd amendment, under the direction of the creator.
"I was elected to office, to take Washington DC and return it back to you..... THE PEOPLE"
Damn, if he isn't accomplishing more than anyone ever thought.... and it worked, making 30 years of past Presidents, look like puppets of the Deepstate.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,514,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump answers to no one. The guy actually has a backbone and is more stubborn than a mule, with an EGO as large as Mt. Everest
pull-EEZ!

tRump can't make a move w/o permission from Putin, Limbaugh and Coulter.

Quote:
He was put in office to return the USA back to an independent nation, free from foreign interest.
The US Constitution is king, protected by the 2nd amendment, under the direction of the creator.
"I was elected to office, to take Washington DC and return it back to you..... THE PEOPLE"
Damn, if he isn't accomplishing more than anyone ever thought.... and it worked, making 30 years of past Presidents, look like puppets of the Deepstate.
Puppet, you say.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:05 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,218,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It's martial law, not Marshall law.

The Marshall Plan = the aid the U.S. gave to rebuild Europe after World War 2.
You are right. I stand corrected. When I searched for the correct spelling, I didn't realize that google substituted Martial for Marshall.
Thank you.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:12 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,218,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

If Trump cared about Public Safety and all that stuff (imagine flying....with this snowstorm and TSA agents not getting paid, etc.)....he wouldn't be playing these games. He is obviously just wanting to save face at this point - we aren't getting an instant 25-50 Billion dollar Wall that Mexico is writing a check for.

Isn't Trump's wife currently at the mercy of unpaid American air traffic controllers?

Maybe they should have a one day sick out when she is due back in DC.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:17 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,444,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Isn't Trump's wife currently at the mercy of unpaid American air traffic controllers?

Maybe they should have a one day sick out when she is due back in DC.
My guess is she would love to stay in Florida with any excuse as long as Donald isn't there.

She needs to honor the terms of the pre-nup and the NDA, but otherwise she would be free to find someplace to hide in luxury for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.