Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 04:32 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times

Advertisements

The one and only thing I liked that Obama did was not go to war against Syria. I am a huge fan of Bashar al Assad because he is a secularist. There had to be tremendous pressure from the deep state for Obama to install regime change in Syria but somehow he didn't...even after Assad supposedly crossed Obama's red line. He did a great job by keeping Assad in power. But we should have joined forces with Assad to prevent ISIS from taking power.

Still overall I would rank Obama as the second worst President of my lifetime behind LBJ. I have a tremendous hatred of the food stamp program and Obama put millions of new people of food stamps and turned the U.S into a pathetic food stamp nation. The only thing worse a President ever did in my lifetime is LBJ with his Great Society programs...I hope LBJ is roasting in hell for that as he destroyed lower income families.

I am also not impressed at all with Obama on the economy. He basically blew up all the bubbles that got popped durring the great recession. I was very disappointed to see housing costs explode..basically everything went up in price due to Obama's economic policies although the Federal Reserve is much to blame. Obama made life miserable for many, the only ones immune to Obama's inflation are the millions of people collecting Obama's expanded government handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 04:55 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Copy/paste from TimTheEnchanter

Obama was sucking up to a brutal dictator at the expense of Cuban dissidents. Lefties talk about Trump sucking up to Putin, Obama was ten times worse with Castro, Venezuela, the mullahs in Iran, the radicals in Egypt, dissing our only ally in the ME (Israel) and sticking a thump in the eye of the Brits too. Obama was a foreign polica disaster.
Obamas sec of Defense didn't resign in protest because he wanted to pull out of the middle East and let ISIS regroup

Old 01-28-2019, 05:11 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
After pondering this question my answer is 'are you the only conservative who believes he was President'?

Old 01-28-2019, 05:52 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Copy/paste from TimTheEnchanter

Obama was sucking up to a brutal dictator at the expense of Cuban dissidents. Lefties talk about Trump sucking up to Putin, Obama was ten times worse with Castro, Venezuela, the mullahs in Iran, the radicals in Egypt, dissing our only ally in the ME (Israel) and sticking a thump in the eye of the Brits too. Obama was a foreign polica disaster.

And what good things have changed since Trump took office in regards to Cuba ? Obama was smart enough to realize that the past 50 odd years of isolating Cuba did nothing, it only hurt the people there, not Castro. So, Obama wisely lifted the restrictions on citizens freely traveling to Cuba, and what that did was it put a few dollars into the hands of the CUBAN PEOPLE as Americans traveled there and paid them for various services.

No one was harmed by this, but Trump, in his ugly mind, was Hellbent on undoing everything Obama did, and he has now put those stupid restrictions back on us, so that we can no longer freely go there.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:55 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And what good things have changed since Trump took office in regards to Cuba ? Obama was smart enough to realize that the past 50 odd years of isolating Cuba did nothing, it only hurt the people there, not Castro. So, Obama wisely lifted the restrictions on citizens freely traveling to Cuba, and what that did was it put a few dollars into the hands of the CUBAN PEOPLE as Americans traveled there and paid them for various services.

No one was harmed by this, but Trump, in his ugly mind, was Hellbent on undoing everything Obama did, and he has now put those stupid restrictions back on us, so that we can no longer freely go there.
Cuba was the 1 thing I think Obama got right..oh and also letting the Republican Congress fix all of the Dem screw ups by nancy, Harry and Barack.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:08 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
he was mild mannered and that was about it and said nice things that made liberals ears tingle with joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave View Post
I generally lean to the right on most issues, but I actually don't believe Obama was a bad President. He certainly wasn't the worst one we've had.

The economy was in horrible shape when Obama entered office, but it improved greatly during his term in the White House. I listen to talk radio a lot and they love to bring up how well the stock market has done since Trump took office, but yet they don't mention how it skyrocketed during Obama's Presidency.

Also, I don't believe Obamacare is a bad thing. People with pre-existing conditions can now get coverage and subsidies allow poorer Americans to get coverage. Personally, I don't mind paying higher premiums for that.

The successful Bin Laden mission happened during Obama's term, as well as thawing of our relationship with Cuba.

I just don't understand how he was a horrible President.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:25 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave View Post
I generally lean to the right on most issues, but I actually don't believe Obama was a bad President. He certainly wasn't the worst one we've had.

The economy was in horrible shape when Obama entered office, but it improved greatly during his term in the White House. I listen to talk radio a lot and they love to bring up how well the stock market has done since Trump took office, but yet they don't mention how it skyrocketed during Obama's Presidency.

Also, I don't believe Obamacare is a bad thing. People with pre-existing conditions can now get coverage and subsidies allow poorer Americans to get coverage. Personally, I don't mind paying higher premiums for that.

The successful Bin Laden mission happened during Obama's term, as well as thawing of our relationship with Cuba.

I just don't understand how he was a horrible President.
He was generally ok on domestic issues, IMO. His handling of foreign policy and the military were absolute disasters though (lots of literature out there regarding this). His weakness on these fronts set the stage for our rival countries to rise up and exert more power/push us around (as we are seeing today).

Overall, Obama was a smooth-talker who managed domestic issues well enough, but did not have the strategic mindset or willpower necessary to maintain our edge on the world stage. I would argue that our strength as a nation atrophied significantly under his leadership.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:34 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
He was generally ok on domestic issues, IMO. His handling of foreign policy and the military were absolute disasters though (lots of literature out there regarding this). His weakness on these fronts set the stage for our rival countries to rise up and exert more power/push us around (as we are seeing today).

Overall, Obama was a smooth-talker who managed domestic issues well enough, but did not have the strategic mindset or willpower necessary to maintain our edge on the world stage. I would argue that our strength as a nation atrophied significantly under his leadership.
I'm a lefty and I agree with this for the most part. I think, however, that belligerence (Trump's forte) isn't going to work any better, likely worse, than the "why can't we all get along" method. Certainly handing such large chunks of influence to Russia (let alone abandoning NATO) is not in our best interest.

Fact is we're England from a 100 years ago discovering that we no longer rule the world. They're (the English) still having fits about it today (Brexit) though they managed to adapt for the most part.

I do think that proving to ourselves we could elect a Black President was a wonderful thing in it's own right.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:41 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue wave View Post
i generally lean to the right on most issues, but i actually don't believe obama was a bad president. He certainly wasn't the worst one we've had.

The economy was in horrible shape when obama entered office, but it improved greatly during his term in the white house. I listen to talk radio a lot and they love to bring up how well the stock market has done since trump took office, but yet they don't mention how it skyrocketed during obama's presidency.

Also, i don't believe obamacare is a bad thing. People with pre-existing conditions can now get coverage and subsidies allow poorer americans to get coverage. Personally, i don't mind paying higher premiums for that.

The successful bin laden mission happened during obama's term, as well as thawing of our relationship with cuba.

I just don't understand how he was a horrible president.

he was one of the best.i would have voted for any republican that drumf----his behaviors presence no mi national was horror

obama and his wife are intelligent,approachable,and excellent leaders!:d

Old 01-28-2019, 06:44 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The one and only thing I liked that Obama did was not go to war against Syria. I am a huge fan of Bashar al Assad because he is a secularist. There had to be tremendous pressure from the deep state for Obama to install regime change in Syria but somehow he didn't...even after Assad supposedly crossed Obama's red line. He did a great job by keeping Assad in power. But we should have joined forces with Assad to prevent ISIS from taking power.

Still overall I would rank Obama as the second worst President of my lifetime behind LBJ. I have a tremendous hatred of the food stamp program and Obama put millions of new people of food stamps and turned the U.S into a pathetic food stamp nation. The only thing worse a President ever did in my lifetime is LBJ with his Great Society programs...I hope LBJ is roasting in hell for that as he destroyed lower income families.

I am also not impressed at all with Obama on the economy. He basically blew up all the bubbles that got popped durring the great recession. I was very disappointed to see housing costs explode..basically everything went up in price due to Obama's economic policies although the Federal Reserve is much to blame. Obama made life miserable for many, the only ones immune to Obama's inflation are the millions of people collecting Obama's expanded government handouts.
You`re blaming Obama for the recession that put so many on food stamps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies