Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 10:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
A guy running around with an air gun is a danger to society?
How did the cop know it was a air gun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 05:21 PM

2,309 posts, read 896,311 times
Quote:
Wow, shot him in the back...how cowardly.
You'd probably be here saying why didn't the police shot when they had the chance had the suspect shot someone or took someone hostage. He was a threat to the public.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:23 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,268,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I think the selective outrage that SJWs are famous for will emerge.
Certainly needs to counter all that callous white privilege out there

Old 01-26-2019, 05:33 PM

7,989 posts, read 12,676,694 times
A gun is a gun. Doesn't matter if it's a bb gun, an airsoft gun or a real gun. Do you expect an officer to hesitate when his/her life is on the line to determine what kind of weapon it is?

How about the criminal drops the gun; maybe he/she would live.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:36 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,998,573 times
Oh dear, one less Scientist, President or Nobel Prize winner... who will cure cancer now?

Old 01-26-2019, 05:47 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,826,662 times
Quote:
A guy running around with an air gun is a danger to society?
How would the cop know what kind of a gun the guy had while he was running? He had no way of knowing that the guy running wouldn't be intending to shoot people.

Use your brain.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:05 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,643,477 times
I agree with the posts supporting the cops. The guy ran (this signifies guilt) and appeared to be armed. The cops had to assume he was a danger - and their job was to neutralize that danger. People should not run from the cops - why is this so hard to grasp???? When they tell you to stop, stop! Could save your life, obviously.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:12 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,129,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I have no love for criminals, and I realize in these types of stress filled situations you only have milliseconds to react, but it does seem a bit problematic when bodycam footage contradicts police statement. Yes, the teen may have had a replica weapon, but doesn't appear he turned around to point it before he was shot based on the video. I'm not saying I necessarily fault this cop but just saying, public perception.

There probably won't be any mass protests or the like for obvious reasons.
The cop shot the kid in the back, while he was running away, so the kid wasnt a threat. There was no reason for him to fire. Same as in the Walter Scott case. If he stopped, turned around and pointed the gun it would be a different story. They have policy for that sort of thing.
They say the kid turned around, but he didnt, its clear as day on the video. So this isnt going away.

Interesting to see that people still want to see that police state in action...until it happens to them.
"Make sure you rough up anyone I dont want to see, but dont rough me up!"

Old 01-26-2019, 08:45 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,466,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
The cop shot the kid in the back, while he was running away, so the kid wasnt a threat. There was no reason for him to fire. Same as in the Walter Scott case. If he stopped, turned around and pointed the gun it would be a different story. They have policy for that sort of thing.
They say the kid turned around, but he didnt, its clear as day on the video. So this isnt going away.

Interesting to see that people still want to see that police state in action...until it happens to them.
Holding a weapon, you’re still a threat. How long would it take to swing your arm around a fire? A second or two?

Old 01-26-2019, 09:01 PM

5,425 posts, read 5,953,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post

Police are not only protecting themselves, they are protecting everyone that gunman might come in contact with as he makes his escape.

Walter Scott had a gun and had plenty of chances to relinquish it. He didn't, so the police protected all the lives in that apartment complex by neutralizing the threat. Case closed...... check it out, then treat your hemi's, you'll feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies