Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 03:41 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is the worst. Nixon second worst , then comes W. Then carter.
Nonsense. Trump is the best president we've ever had in decades. You should move to Canada if you don't like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 04:42 AM

35,696 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Looking at our history - can one man really be president over a huge nation ? I think if the pres, whoever it may be - is not surrounded by really intelligent people - he is doomed and so are we. I personally think - since God stop leading and man took over the charge - from Kings to queens. Prime ministers to other monarchs - they all stink. Very few make good choices for the whole country. Our presidents and a few others impact the entire world - but in the end, it’s not presidents that rule, but money and religion. Best to live on an island, or accept the incompetence of man.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:05 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Obama probably has the title wrapped up, but I'd have to give serious consideration to George W, he's a close runner up. Many of the "bad" presidents are the early ones - especially those who served near the time of the Civil War. So unless you're really going to dig into what these guys did or didn't accomplish, you really can't prepare a proper list. But going only off of the modern day presidents -- Obama is clearly the worst, with W on his heals. And....Jimmy Carter there as well -- a nice buy but terrible, ineffective clueless president.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Dubya got an incredibly crappy deal as President.
He was dealt a bad hand.....and he played it even worse.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:16 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I am liberal in my leanings and I remember the anger and frustration I felt during the second Bush administration.

I am willing to swallow my words and admit I was wrong and how much I wish he was still our President. Trump opened my eyes to how awful a President can be. W, I salute you.
I think about this a lot. I remember (during Obama) all the smug R's who put up the "do you miss me now" memes, with GWB. I didn't miss him much then, but I would take him back in a heartbeat now. It's all relative (referring to comparing Presidents, not Trump's lust for Ivanka, just to clarify).

Speaking of worst ever: Isn't the worst deal ever when Trump stopped doing military excercises in SK, in exchange for Kim continuing his Nuke Program. Way worse, IMO, than giving back Iran their own money...

Just saying.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:34 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Obama probably has the title wrapped up, but I'd have to give serious consideration to George W, he's a close runner up. Many of the "bad" presidents are the early ones - especially those who served near the time of the Civil War. So unless you're really going to dig into what these guys did or didn't accomplish, you really can't prepare a proper list. But going only off of the modern day presidents -- Obama is clearly the worst, with W on his heals. And....Jimmy Carter there as well -- a nice buy but terrible, ineffective clueless president.
Obama is a lot of things, but W is without a doubt the worst we’ve had in a generation. Think about his impact, he left office waging nonsense wars, now the longest in our history, created havoc in the Middle East, now we can’t leave, and when he left office we were in the worst recession since the Great Depression that we still haven’t fully recovered from. It’s no contest.

Trumps presidency feels like a TV show but he’s not on Ws level either

Old 02-27-2019, 05:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Trump was elected because we are sick and tired of politicians. Plain and simple.

He continually lies

He claims accomplishments that haven't been accomplished

He's constantly patting himself on the back for no reason

HOW is he NOT a politician?

Old 02-27-2019, 07:23 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Individual 1 relieved Bush of his duties as the worse. Bush was the 2nd worst president until Individual 1 was elected.
Do you think you're profound by such disrespect of the office?

Old 02-27-2019, 07:49 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
seriously during Obama's presidency he was rated the worst president since WW2
GWB was during his presidency
considering how stupid Americans have become... considering the national psychosis we seem to be collectively fallen into, why would anyone think Trump wouldn't be considered the worst president since WW2?

good grief this is a stupid thread. we have all lost our freaking minds.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:25 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is the worst. Nixon second worst , then comes W. Then carter.
Trump may be the worst ever. Certainly worst in our generation.

The other three are among the worst in our generation, but (I'm no history buff), I think there were worse back in the days.

But Trump: Probably the worst ever.

Funny and related: The whitehouse is surrounded by walls, and look at all the criminals in there right now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies