Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 11:50 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don’t even know what the hell you’re talking about.
Riiiiight I know for a fact you do. Whiteys life doesn't matter. The black persons life does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Yeah, I struggle with this. Never in my life have I said “coon” when saying Martin Luther King Jr.

Never.

But, it’s obviously a thing because these mistakes are becoming common. Could it be some kind of mental tic? Or people are so afraid of saying it that they inevitably do? It’s just so odd. I don’t think all these people are intentionally using the slur.
It's not about you. Granted I've read your posts and wouldn't believe it anyway.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:53 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Sorry, but you can’t make that mistake. Confusing Coon with King just doesn’t happen. Ever.

He said it as a result of repitition. He said Coon because that’s what he’s always saying in comfortable company.

I’m sure you can definitely understand that.
You have no clue what he says around his friends or family.. Perhaps you suggested that because it's what you do.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but you can’t make that mistake. Confusing Coon with King just doesn’t happen. Ever.
Sorry but you can't speak for others. Especially white people. We speak for ourselves. See what I did?
It's not an honest mistake if a white person says it. When a black person does, no biggie.

Quote:
He said it as a result of repitition. He said Coon because that’s what he’s always saying in comfortable company.
Since you made this up and have no proof, that's just your racism shining through.

Quote:
I’m sure you can definitely understand that.
I'm sure you can definitely make up more bigoted comments against whitey.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:07 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Say "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers" 10 times really fast and you'll have your answer.
That's an easy one. There is another where we kids would have giggle fits 'accidentally' saying a naughty word. Can't remember but I think it had something to so with ships

Old 11-15-2020, 03:07 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times
In an update to this thread... This guy attended the Trump march yesterday.. It makes one wonder..

https://fb.watch/1No1j9BthL/

Old 11-15-2020, 03:19 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
People that talk a lot in front of people for a living (teachers, politicians, news people etc.) say things unintentionally on occasion.

That being said, I like to show a little kindness and charity when it can just be an honest mistake.

If it's blatantly intentional or repeatedly done then that is a different situation.

We live in a vindictive, unforgiving society these days where people seem to delight in destroying people over their mistakes.

Specific to this case though, I have to agree with Detroiter that it's very likely that he and others around him would call MLK "MLC" and he slipped up.

Old 11-15-2020, 03:40 PM

4,422 posts, read 5,152,830 times
Well considering the discussion on here speculating how this incident might be a slip, mistake, tongue twister etc., I can see why this guy might take the risk to be “white hero” to friends, family and other brothers in arms.

He may also see it as harmless prodding at those overly sensitive liberals and colored folks. Especially since they might be feeling uppity after Biden’s win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies