Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 11:11 AM

13,389 posts, read 6,404,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
yea, thats par for the course, if you look at old pictures of groups of young white guys standing around a black guy at a lunch counter...when they are grilled about their intentions, it was common for them to say "we were doing nothing wrong" ( I bet the black guy would say otherwise though).

Intimidation can be tricky to recognize in pictures and videos, It can be mis-identified as smiling, other innocent behavior.
Its pretty easy to identify it when someone steps into someone else's space and starts banging a drum right next to their face.

Did you miss that?

Old 01-24-2019, 11:12 AM

88,733 posts, read 44,535,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
yea, thats par for the course, if you look at old pictures of groups of young white guys standing around a black guy at a lunch counter...when they are grilled about their intentions, it was common for them to say "we were doing nothing wrong" ( I bet the black guy would say otherwise though).

Intimidation can be tricky to recognize in pictures and videos, It can be mis-identified as smiling, other innocent behavior.
I see you've bought into George Orwell's 1984 concept of "facecrime."

Old 01-24-2019, 11:13 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,994,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I wanted to add by the way that I caught some footage of the leader of the Black Israelites discussing this topic and honestly, the guy cracked me up. He's a large imposing figure with a booming voice and lots of condemnation for all, but was utterly petulant and angry that Phillips "interrupted our teachings to these kids".

HAHAHAHA! Calling them inbred fagots was "teaching", and his feelings are hurt that Phillips stopped him! As angry and out of touch as this guy is, he's just a guy with an opinion like anybody else. And he has feelings, too.
I wonder if he has ever lead his "group" over to the Vietnam veterans memorial and heckled anyone there?

11,027 posts, read 6,478,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I have said here before...…….If he has any monetary gain from claiming to be a veteran when he is not, he is subject to fine and imprisonment. I hope someone follows up on this. This stolen valor crap gets my blood boiling.
I don't blame you. You've most likely spend a good part of your adult life trying to forget the things you witnessed over there. This guy is puffed up like a peacock and stealing valor he never earned. I'm mad as hell over it too.

52,459 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
TY.

As the truth of This situation emerges, you trapped a few people into the whataboutism game to distract from the indefensible treatment of the students, especially Sandmann.
that was her sole intent. she's got nothing else to go on

30,207 posts, read 23,620,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The old guy isn't sensitive and the media treats him like they do minoritites often enough, like a helpless child. He's an adult. Although he didnt see action, he was in the military, our government commited genocide on his people, but a smirk he just can't deal with?
This is where bigotry is being exposed from the left. What makes them think that because someone is NDN that they need some sort of soft special treatment? I say the same thing when they do it to other races. It's the equivalent to saying, "I realize that you're not as good as us, so you need special treatment, special advances, qualifiers lowered so that you can make it..."

The worst of all is calling anyone who is not white "POC". Seriously? How derogatory can you get? To call everyone who is not white "people of color" is to completely erase a part of who they are. No longer identifiable by their ancestry, their heritage, the make up of who they are, they are now pushed into one area, like cattle, and are stripped of any of their identity at all.

I said a few pages back that this incident does, however, have some silver linings. One of them is that not enough people seemed to be aware that the problem in this country was a lot bigger than they thought. We have people who are surprised, taken aback, can't believe it, upset, in disbelief, etc.

It's been there. It was brewing before even Obama, so no, you can't put this all on Obama - it was going on before him. People had their heads in the sand. Others did notice but said nothing - as was suggested to continue. And other people have been noticing for a long time, been saying something about it, and have been called every name under the sun for speaking out.

It has taken a very long time to get here, to this very point, where we are right now - where people who didn't see it are now seeing it. To where people who said nothing, are no longer staying silent. ("Ignoring it" only allowed it to grow - continuing to ignore it will not make it go away - while these people are acting like little children, those tactics don't work on them like it does on small children.) To where people's eyes are now wide open.

My only question is: How long will they be awake? Next month, will they remember this? By summertime, will they remember this? Next year? Or will they go back to thinking all is well once this has blown over? Because it's not going away. It's been growing and building for a long, long time. Before, it was denied and hidden, but if you paid attention, you could still see it. Now it's all out in the open. Some people are so filled with hate and anger, they can no longer deny it or hide it.

This is reality. This has been reality. At this point, anyone who is not awake will never be awake. Those who just woke up - here you are - don't forget.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:15 AM

8,058 posts, read 3,926,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
A party isn’t allowing anything. I’m going to again refer everyone to the death threats & continued disparaging of the survivors of the Parkland shooting. If anyone wants to see complete callousness & disgusting behavior towards a group of people, that’s it right there.
“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd
and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere”
-Maxine Waters

Old 01-24-2019, 11:19 AM

52,459 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Twitter has rules. One of those rules is no targeted harassment towards an individual or group of people, which is what this person (and several others) did. They also have a rule that you can't be, essentially, hostile towards another person on twitter and insult them.

I was restricted for 12 hours after I called someone a "mouth breathing moron" on Twitter for stating that the kids were racists and needed to be punished.

Tweets like the one above still stand.

I realize they are a private company, and I stand by that. It would be nice, however, if they followed their own rules.
they definitely seem to have two sets of rules. it's infuriating.

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/stat...30592097062913

Old 01-24-2019, 11:19 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,482,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, everybody would have the exact same smirk/smile when somebody approached them with a drum like that.

This is just a 15 year old kid. If somebody approached me like that, I would probably behaved poorly. Have to say, the kid handled the situation fairly well.
[Pardon this trivial comment, but if that was Sandmann's typical smile, I hope for his own good, his family or friends tell him to practice a new one .]

Old 01-24-2019, 11:20 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,385,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I rest my case.

You can find many ugly threads about the Parkland survivors right here on CD.

As such, I find this quite the hypocritical and hysterical thread.

I'm out.
https://stonecoldtruth.com/david-hog...-owners-video/

Quote:
In a troubling profanity-laced video, theater student David Hogg appears unstable as he berates the viewer with lines referring to NRA Members as “Pathetic F*ers” who “want to continue to sell more guns, murder more children.” He begins the piece stating “they could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they wouldn’t take action!”

“What type of s***ty person does that?” Hogg continued. “They could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they wouldn’t take action, because they all still see these dollar signs.”
This is hateful, bitter David Hogg disparaging NRA members. Can you show me ONE SINGLE VIDEO of Nick Sandmann referring to Native Americans as “Pathetic F*ers” or "s***ty person(s)"?. If you can, you have a case to make. Otherwise you're just desperate for some sort of false equivalency to tie innocent victims to a political activist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies