Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 05:50 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
No, they did not. They did not do a damn thing wrong. You just want these children to be villains.

No , I want the Catholic Church, Parents ,School administrators and Chaperons. ...........and the children to all be held responsible ,crazy isn't it?

Old 01-31-2019, 05:51 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
That's just a stupid statement, one we hear every goddamn time a Republican is president. The Democrats have just one trick in their bag and that's to call everyone who isn't on board with them, a "racist."
typical right wing nut excuse's. No surprise here.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:20 AM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I'm still waiting for the civil lawsuits to be brought by these fine young kids.
Hopefully they will set them up for life.
Lots and lots of quiet settlements.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:34 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
all the above posts just show extreme sensitivity to a presumed dissing of trump so here goes
1.it was a smirk (40 years of working with that age group)
2.30 years of chaperonING kids give a better perspective of chaperone duties
3.those hats are nonesense AMERICA IS ALWAYS GREAT
4.AM FROM MILITARY FAMILY and volunteer time helping vets with ptsd
5.capitol cause I am older and see em better
6.hat represents an imbecile as a leader
7.love the need for chaperones to show kids that knocking people down is OK
8.some of your post responses helps show why kids have so many issues today
9.yes a weed (dandelion ),boob (for cancer),penis hat (gay rights)would have been more appropriate if they were worn at corresponding events
10.if you all have kids pray for them

this is for the posters who got their shorts in a knot over my post

The Black Hebrew Israelites are well-known for provoking people with racist slurs, not engaging in real dialogue. This is a group to be ignored not engaged.

Phillips’ claim to the role of peacemaker doesn’t align with his going into the crowd of young people or his banging the drum and chanting in Sandmann’s face for several minutes. A tribal elder should be more mature than that.

And the media need to return to the standard of understanding, reporting and applying news judgment to events before deciding that it’s enough just to be viral.

i respectfully disagree with your bold,

1. if it was a smirk, then you should've known it was nothing but a typical teenager's behavior needs not be criticized or over analyzed. A smirk is neither good nor bad, it was nothing but a harmless reaction. So using your own language, you seem to get your shorts in a knot over a smirk, which is kind of ... "odd."

4. well, that doesn't make your points or opinions anymore valuable than regular posters'. I've always been told service members gave up some of their own constitutional rights to uphold ours.

5. well, this excuse is lame and I assume you knew it.

10. Mean people are all around, but their meanness says more about them than it does you. Rick Warren says, “hurt people hurt people.” When a mean person tries to hurt you, remember they are the ones who are hurting.

I think your comments are pretty mean spirited, so maybe you are not in a happy mood for some reasons. That is all I have to say.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-31-2019 at 08:14 AM..

Old 01-31-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The attacks on him have been proven false , move on.
Emoji is not a counter argument.

This said,

Philips has claimed to be a Vietnam Veteran and called himself a recon ranger. There is no such a thing as recon ranger in the Marine Corps. You are either a Force Recon, or an Army ranger.

In reality he's a Vietnam Era Veteran, never served in Vietnam but was a 4 year USMC reservist and refrigerator mechanic who went AWOL a few times and got out after 4 years as a private.

I'm pretty surprised to have seen you who claim to have two Marine son in laws stick up for the guy, it's usually unacceptable to make such a false claim.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-31-2019 at 07:55 AM..

Old 01-31-2019, 07:45 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
no matter how this is spun , the "children"needed to step back,the chaperones needed to address the other adults, and that was THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.

IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE TO WEAR THE HATS (NO RALLY)

AND THAT WAS A SMIRK!!!!

Trigger, much?

Old 01-31-2019, 07:49 AM

17,320 posts, read 11,192,172 times
Quote:
no matter how this is spun , the "children"needed to step back,the chaperones needed to address the other adults, and that was THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.

AND THAT WAS A SMIRK!!!!
Get some professional help before it's too late.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:

15 years old and stood his ground and kept his composure against a 63 year old drum beating, song howling provocateur. I'd say kudos are in order for this young man.

In his interview, he said, he wish he could have handled the situation differently but he would not apologize to Mr. Phillips. This is one of the most mature responses I have seen in a long time.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:04 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Quote:

AND THAT WAS A SMIRK!!!!
I see no need or obligation for the "children" to step back. The n/A's advanced on them.

Just as I fought for your right to burn the flag...……….I also fought for their right to stand in front of the Lincoln Memorial...………

That was not a Smirk.
Liberal Democrats think they should always win. When they verbally or physically assault us, we are supposed to give into their aggression and flee, just run away, and be driven out. They think they are supposed to win, and we should lose.

Why? Because, no matter how horrible, violent and abusive the left becomes, they will always view themselves as the good people.

If we stand our ground an refuse to be intimidated, and choose the non-violence promoted by MLK - liberal Democrats will call us the aggressors, and put the blame on us. The crazy thing is, all the while this was going on, the libs were claiming the mantle of MLK, and declaring themselves as the good and righteous people. Just like in the 1960s, it's our fault for not running away and fleeing from their hatred of us, and their violence and aggression against us.

The democrats of today are no different than the Democrats of the 1960s. They continue to be the ones filled with hate. They are still the ones who act out on their hatred. We just need to know our place, and we are supposed to let them win. Libs think our duty is flee in the face of their violence and aggression.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
all the above posts just show extreme sensitivity to a presumed dissing of trump so here goes
1.it was a smirk (40 years of working with that age group)
2.30 years of chaperonING kids give a better perspective of chaperone duties
3.those hats are nonesense AMERICA IS ALWAYS GREAT
4.AM FROM MILITARY FAMILY and volunteer time helping vets with ptsd
5.capitol cause I am older and see em better
6.hat represents an imbecile as a leader
7.love the need for chaperones to show kids that knocking people down is OK
8.some of your post responses helps show why kids have so many issues today
9.yes a weed (dandelion ),boob (for cancer),penis hat (gay rights)would have been more appropriate if they were worn at corresponding events

this is for the posters who got their shorts in a knot over my post
Number 4, why does it matter? Should people value your opinions more because you volunteered and have relatives who happen to be veterans? I honestly don't understand this kind of mentality.

This is certainly not a situation where capital letters are needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies