Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 07:32 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,061,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I've read them. Half of them I can't even understand because it appears that someone is typing angrily and quickly, not checking their own penmanship (typmanship?) or how it reads. When you type in anger, and don't re-read what you just typed, there's going to be a lot of spelling errors, poor sentence structure, improper punctuation, etc. It makes many of the posts very hard to decipher - let alone the caps locks on top of it making me not care enough to try to figure it out.

Well, that's her opinion. Maybe she didn't know. A lot of people don't know or understand that, but I think we've bashed on that horse long enough. We've made it clear, and she hasn't been doing it for a couple of posts now. I just ask that if one is angry when typing, go back, no matter how mad you may be and want to get that opinion out there, re-read what you just typed, and fix the errors so that everyone can figure out what you're trying to say.
thank you for your response .
I am new to typing with this tablet and between auto correct and small letters,this is not easy

Old 02-03-2019, 09:13 PM

19,710 posts, read 11,963,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
thank you for your response .
I am new to typing with this tablet and between auto correct and small letters,this is not easy
You should be able to change type size in your settings. If you are on an iPad it is under general settings to Display and Brightness.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:22 PM

39,803 posts, read 26,303,298 times
I understand the lawyer representing the Covington children has sent letters to numerous media organizations, apparently a notification to sue (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyone know if Phillips has been served? As disgusting as the media's behavior is, he is still the instigator and bears the bulk of the blame.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:39 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,483,394 times
BOOM !

Nick Sandmann's lawyers have sent letters for potential lawsuits to:

Ilhan Omar
Elizabeth Warren
Alyssa Milano
Andrea Mitchell
Savannah Guthrie
Joy Reid
Erin Burnett
S.E. Cupp
Ana Cabrera
Kathy Griffin
Alyssa Milano
Jim Carrey
NYT
WaPo
CNN
TMZ
GQ
NPR

ETC

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/27452...mpression=true

HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS !

Old 02-04-2019, 12:24 AM

2,015 posts, read 864,259 times
Obviously the lawyer$ are going after the deep pocket$.

But the libel & defamation lawsuits may be doomed.

>> My guess is that the plaintiffs would have a hard time showing specific damages stemming from a particular Tweet or even a statement in an out-of-town newspaper. They may well be damaged by the controversy as a whole, but that doesn't mean they can show such damage stemming from a particular defendant's speech. They would therefore need to claim presumed or punitive damages; and that requires more or a less deliberate lie, not just a negligent mistake. <<

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...al-media.shtml

Meanwhile the grown ups are keeping it in the news.

Way to go mom & dad.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:43 AM

18,571 posts, read 10,494,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post

>> My guess is that the plaintiffs would have a hard time showing specific damages stemming from a particular Tweet or even a statement in an out-of-town newspaper. They may well be damaged by the controversy as a whole, but that doesn't mean they can show such damage stemming from a particular defendant's speech. They would therefore need to claim presumed or punitive damages; and that requires more or a less deliberate lie, not just a negligent mistake. <<

Way to go mom & dad.
Look at my post's I have been saying this the whole time,it's the adults that are to blame.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:56 AM

51,587 posts, read 25,525,472 times
Be interesting to see if these lawsuits amount to anything more than idle legal threats funded by those with more money than sense.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:05 AM

26,919 posts, read 13,145,031 times
The Covington students shouldn't have had to put up with the abuse they did from the Black Hebrew Israelites group in the first place.

In most countries this group would have been arrested, and the whole thing would have been stopped before it esculated.

In the UK, the police would have given them a Section 5 warning and if they continued they would have been arrested under Section 5 of the Public Order Act and would have spent the night in a cell.

It's now become a total mess, in which the media wrongly tried to paint the students as being in the wrong, when they had stayed calm in response to disgusting abuse.

The Indian is still trying to play the victim and the whole thing is set to become one big civil case and media circus all over again.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:08 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,754,598 times
My understanding is that the bar for proving defamation and libel of children is much lower than that of adults, let alone being far lower than that of public figures that these media and Hollywood types are used to attacking with impunity. It is almost as if they forgot these were kids they were attacking and that the rules are vastly different when it comes to defaming kids. The lawyers gave them all an opportunity to retract their statements and apologize when they knew what they had said was both wrong and defamatory, and they chose not to. Now its time for them to lawyer up.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:55 AM

30,148 posts, read 23,535,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post

Way to go mom & dad.
https://twitter.com/Barnes_Law/statu...11881396264960
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies