Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2019, 07:36 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And I didn't read the Post -- but unless they left out allegedly or that kind of wording -- that kid is hard pressed to prove it was The Washington Post that created the scene.
huh?

no one has ever claimed the comPost 'created the scene'

Old 02-21-2019, 07:44 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Using the 1st and successfully prevailing on 1st grounds are two different things. Seems y'all still missed my point that even if he does extort some cash out of WaPo, it doesn't make him any more desirable as a future employee.
That's a weird thing to say. Lawsuit aside, I'd much rather hire someone like him, who can keep his cool in a stressful situation than some of these SJWs that freak out at the drop of a hat. (Or over a hat.)

Old 02-21-2019, 07:49 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
And the child stood there.

Yes he did...he did not walk away...he chose to become part of it.
Why are you blaming a 16 year old kid for "standing there"? What's wrong with you. All I see is you either blaming the kids or trying to change the topic to that over reported story about the crazy coast guard.

Yet, you don't seem to have the moral courage to blame the actual people responsible

1)Black Hebrew Israelites for yelling racist epithets at high school students
2)Nathan Phillips for walking up to the face of a high school student and beating his drum proactively and then going on national media and lying

to the biggest culprit of them all, the cable news + print media clown fest which includes CNN as well as WaPo, who abandoned their jobs as journalists and chose to push a unsubstantiated narrative about high school boys for ratings - the very definition of yellow journalism.

Instead you're making this about a high school boy standing in place and smirking.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:06 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Why are you blaming a 16 year old kid for "standing there"? What's wrong with you. All I see is you either blaming the kids or trying to change the topic to that over reported story about the crazy coast guard.

Yet, you don't seem to have the moral courage to blame the actual people responsible

1)Black Hebrew Israelites for yelling racist epithets at high school students
2)Nathan Phillips for walking up to the face of a high school student and beating his drum proactively and then going on national media and lying

to the biggest culprit of them all, the cable news + print media clown fest which includes CNN as well as WaPo, who abandoned their jobs as journalists and chose to push a unsubstantiated narrative about high school boys for ratings - the very definition of yellow journalism.

Instead you're making this about a high school boy standing in place and smirking.

Because if racism does not exist, he will invent it.

The white guys have to be guilty of something (despite being guilty of nothing) so he will make things up. Monelli is stricken with the racial hysteria that has engulfed the country.

The truth of the matter is nobody broke the law except maybe the press- to be determined.

The Black lunatics and the Native American flim flam artist are all guilty of being loud and obnoxious, but they did not hurt anyone. The kids, as we have seen, did nothing wrong at all.

If the press had not lied about a video, none of the thee parties would remember that day and nobody would be talking about it. Three groups yapping at each other is at best amusing, but hardly evidence of a racial apocalypse.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:07 AM

10,066 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
We all know the answer to that but it is a legitimate question. The fake soldier didn't want a real confrontation. He saw an easy target. Glad he didn't serve with me.
Yeah, exactly. This adult saw a 16 year old boy standing there and he moved to confront him and get just inches from his face and bang that annoying drum loudly in his face--hoping for a reaction.

The 16 year old boy reacted perfectly appropriately. This native American dude should've known better.

I hope the family sues him too.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:49 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Using the 1st and successfully prevailing on 1st grounds are two different things. Seems y'all still missed my point that even if he does extort some cash out of WaPo, it doesn't make him any more desirable as a future employee.
the other side of the coin...……...to some people it does not make him any less desirable. half the country hates Trump.... yet he is president of the united states. Who is to say someone may not hire this kid simply because they like the fact that he took on the media...…….

Old 02-21-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Did they really still make the claim?

I didn't follow the Post stories .

I still don't understand why all of you don't question this kid's insistence to put himself in the center of this whole story.

He chose to stand there.

He wasn't forced to.

The chaperones with the kids could easily have rounded up the kids -- put themselves between the kids and this one guy with a drum....

I've been on a bunch of trips to places with a few hundred high school trips. I tell you now -- are public school would not have tolerated the kids putting themselves in the middle of this and surely would have not allowed any of the kids to 'chant' anything
They chose to put themselves in the middle of the spectacle.
so you will defend someones freedom to burn the American flag.... but not some high school kids right to stand next to a national monument...…..?

Old 02-21-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Because if racism does not exist, he will invent it.
The question is why though. Why is he so easily manipulated by the media that he's continuing to attack the boys and not them? This kind of brainwashing is frightening.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:59 AM

Just a thought. I wonder if eventually this may get to the supreme court?

Old 02-21-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Just a thought. I wonder if eventually this may get to the supreme court?
I doubt it, WaPo will have settled long before then. Also, the 1st amendment only applies between the party in question and government, not between two private parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies