Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 09:53 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times

Advertisements

What kind of a person wishes harm on a kid?

The kid was non-violent. And now many who are unhinged are seeking violence towards him.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:53 AM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What kind of a person wishes harm on a kid?
Liberals

Old 01-22-2019, 09:54 AM

19,821 posts, read 12,084,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Most males have
Perhaps so, dependent on environment. I grew up in a semi-affluent area and went to private schools for the majority of my k-12.

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Not really. To suggest otherwise is pure naivety or deliberate revisionist historianism.

You have to understand that this hat carries with it an immense amount of baggage. Every hateful comment screamed by Trump at his stupid rallies are tied up in that hat. And really think about what it is saying. America never stopped bring great. What is it really trying to say?

I'm not saying anyone deserves violence against them for the hat, but you shouldn't be surprised you don't get the red carpet rolled out for you when you show up with that hat on. And if you don't understand why, you've truly been asleep at the wheel since 2015.

Bernie bumper stickers or a beto sign doesn't even come close. What a ridiculous comparison.
America has declined in many ways in my lifetime. But I don't think Trump or anyone at this point can fix it. It's just a phrase, used by other past presidents as well.

You want to read all kinds of things into it go ahead.

7,473 posts, read 4,012,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
not gonna sift thru 28 pages thats why
If your interested you should. I am on my way through all of em……...beeb beeb………..just passed you......

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It's a ridiculous comparison to you because you do not give Trump the same respect for his position that you would Bernie or Beto. That you find him hateful and stupid creates a prejudice that makes you believe that a hat supporting him is worse than a hat supporting somebody else.

Your bias has created something more to a red MAGA hat. I don't expect you to admit it and that's really quite alright. I did not vote for him and I would not wear one, but in light of today's problems, people getting frothed up with rage over the sight of a child wearing one is simply too petty and unbecoming of an adult for me to take seriously.
I wouldn't react the way some people do to the hats. But I understand why they do.

These weren't just about "Trump 2016", and stop being so obtuse for a moment. Realise that rolled up in that message "make America great again" is a lot of nonsense (and a fair amount of hateful speech and messaging) from Trump's campaign and presidency.

What is it really saying? It's a lot more complex than "elect Trump in 2016", and you know it.

It takes an incredible amount of naivety to not know this.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:55 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,465,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/co...c-black-paint/

"Users have accused the students on video of being racist, but many believe they’re simply taking part in a “blackout” event where fans wear one sole color. Almost all of the students in the video are wearing black clothing of some kind, some from head to toe".

"At one point during the video, a graphic flashes across the screen saying “Blackout 2011” — which users have pointed to as proof of the students’ innocent intentions. There are multiple clips of the “Covington Crazies” donning black, and sometimes blue, face and body paint during various sporting events".
Only a racist wears a MAGA hat.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:55 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
The only person responsible for turning those hats into a caustic symbol is Trump himself.

You're incredibly ignorant if you don't understand how this hat is viewed in the world. It is a symbol, and every hateful comment Trump has ever screamed is wrapped up in it. Sorry, that's just reality.
You need help.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:56 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Got it. 3 black guys were giving these kids sh*t so they went after a geriatric native American vet.
no. The fake vet then attacked the kids while the "black guys" had em cornered...…...

Old 01-22-2019, 09:56 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/co...c-black-paint/

"Users have accused the students on video of being racist, but many believe they’re simply taking part in a “blackout” event where fans wear one sole color. Almost all of the students in the video are wearing black clothing of some kind, some from head to toe".

"At one point during the video, a graphic flashes across the screen saying “Blackout 2011” — which users have pointed to as proof of the students’ innocent intentions. There are multiple clips of the “Covington Crazies” donning black, and sometimes blue, face and body paint during various sporting events".
I've repeatedly seen kids at highschools around here paint themselves in various colors.

Frankly, this is a dishonest and blatant attempt to try to portray an entire school and community as racists.

You will of course get those that will not dig into facts, not watch anything beyond a 5 second video snippet and be duped. Something to consider when the shoe is on the other foot and right wing media is trying to portray somebody in a negative manner.

Folks need to be cautious in believing snippets etc. these days from disreputable groups out to make a buck off ratings or to try to skew political opinion with lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.