Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 01:10 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You may be right, but I would like to know why they are non-deployable. Nothing in your post answers that question.
soldiers who have “transitioned” medically require regular hormone treatments and follow-up visits after sex-reassignment surgery. It is unclear how someone who has “transitioned” would be deployable.

just like it is unclear how somebody who suffer from certain mental illness would be deployable.

One cannot be so sure, so military does not have to take any risks.

Maybe in the future, things will change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 01:37 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
I just showed you that it is an EO employer.

Nothing that you mentioned in the rest of your post refutes that fact.

I guess it boils down to you not knowing what "equal opportunity employer means".
No, YOU don't know what it means. You are speaking government jargon, while she is speaking English.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:49 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I just don't just it, the military is not an equal opportunity employer. There is no need to change that.

You are disqualified from admission to military service if you have an ingrown toenail, if you are not between 60 and 80 inches in height for a male, if you have allergies to certain foods or insects, if you score too low on the ASVAB test, if you can not meet body fat standards, if you are 40 or older, and the list goes on and on and on.

The bottom line is that the military discriminates by design to create the best fighting force we can with our general population. THE MILITARY DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO SERVE JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SERVE. There are tens of thousands of people turned away by recruiters a month that do not qualify for one reason or another. 71% of American youth does not qualify for service for some discriminating reason.

No, no matter what they say, the military has never been, is not, and will NEVER be an equal opportunity employer.

A poster in another forum asked a very question, he asked,

Why do liberals care so much about those now not qualifying that comprise 0.3% of the population? The answer is politics and that is it. Why don't you give a damn about that kid with a food allergy being discriminated against? Why don't you care about that short boy or that tall girl being discriminated against? Why don't you care about overweight people or those that don't take tests very well? why don't you care about people over 40 years old being discriminated against?

Your political masters haven't told you to care about them, that's why.

Sometimes a "rep" just isn't enough. That was truly outstanding!

Old 01-23-2019, 01:58 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
the ban is not about the military paying for it but whether or not they can serve at all.
I was just listing ALL the reasons why transgenders should not be allowed in the military. And the added medical costs would be an important factor.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:55 PM

8,065 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's the most pressing issue in our government today: the unfit morality of transgender military members

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/22/u...g-news&ref=cta
The military isn't a social experiment. Gender confusion is a serious mental health issue and it has no place in our armed forces.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
The military isn't a social experiment. Gender confusion is a serious mental health issue and it has no place in our armed forces.
Nearly everything the military has done the last 70 years has been a social experiment. If you want to argue it's been a failure, I will not disagree.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:42 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Writing off the wwc, calling them deplorable, alienated millions, Democrats, and helped bring us the wonderful 2019 Supreme Court.

Just think of all the other fine, conservative decisions that will come from them over the next 30 years.

Thank you, Democrats, for being so out of touch with mainstream America.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Agreed. As a group they are emotionally unfit for duty. Too big a risk.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:14 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
I recall saying to my father when I was a teen about going for a long officer commitment so I would have a job for years..........and he pointed out the reality of things.

That as an officer, I would serve by the grace of the President (he may have said Congress) and if he/they didn't need my services anymore, they could tell me good bye.

Hence, seeing this situation from that angle, it is rather up to him/them.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:23 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
What about FtM trans people?

Most people have an inherent disgust for the MtF half and I think that plays into a lot of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies