Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is a MAGA hat a symbol of hate?
Yes - A MAGA hat is a symbol of hate. 72 28.57%
No - A MAGA hat is simply showing support for a politician or political movement. 173 68.65%
Neither - I'm just covering up the bald spot on my head. 7 2.78%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 11:54 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so make America great again is a symbol of racism and bigotry? you liberals are dangerous and the real extremists.

I completely agree. It is quite disturbing how many people in this country by into this MAGA=racism BS. We are definitely in for a rough decade. I'm sure the pendulum is going to swing left in 2020 and when it does it's going extreme. It is going to be a long time before common sense and logic takes over and we see middle ground again.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:55 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times
I would never wear a MAGA hat, but I don't think I want to live in a world where they are construed as hateful. Especially, since "hateful" just means anything one side does not agree with.

This is a democracy Liberals. You cannot have my rights.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
MAGA

Make America Great Again
One of the most successful political slogans in modern political history.
  • Took down the Bush & Clinton political dynasties. Between them, 5 Presidential wins.
  • Proved the MSM out to be a bunch of liars
  • Brought Trump a victory that the status quo said couldn't happen
  • Democrats on MAGA
  • We can't fight it.
  • MAGA trumps Pocahontas, Mad Maxine & tears of a clown Schumer
  • Hillary looks bad, Bernie is bitter, Biden is tired, Beta was whipped, and O-C dances like Sandy.
  • The rest? who caresWhat's a Democrat to do about MAGA
  • Pull out that old standby the R-Word.
  • Use crooked MSM to make it unacceptable. Give people right to use violence against.
  • Above all Destroy it before 2020 before we are beat again.We see this being played out on a daily basis.
Yes indeedy, it was one of the most successful slogans in political history.

That is why Trump stole it from Ronald Reagan.
If someone had done what he did, he would sue them for copyright infringement.

Whose slogan will Trump steal for his next campaign??

Trump cannot even come up with his own slogan. Sad!!

"...Ronald Reagan used the similar slogan "Let's Make America Great Again" in his successful 1980 presidential campaign...."

Old 01-22-2019, 12:01 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

2018 midterms were the worst defeat republicans have faced in well over a generation.
Incorrect. Obama did far far worse and that was just a few years ago. And the GOP gained power in the Senate. Unheard of.

Democrats regained about 280 seats of the 1100+ which they lost under Obama. It was a very poor showing for the money & resources spent.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:05 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Yes. MAGA hats = Make America White Again. That is the main rallying function of the hat. I dare anyone who wears a such a hat to challenge this premise.

Make America Great Again = stop outsourcing jobs overseas, stop politically correct BS, let's bring values and decency back to our society, and let's build a wall to stop illegals from sucking money from American taxpayers, etc.

Your definition is merely a production of your hysterical liberal, mentally ill mind.
Get help, take medication.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:08 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But in order for the house to control the purse, it has to go through the Senate, doesn't it?

And no, you didn't crush it in the midterms. You won the house.

And that one day in November was in spite of all the polls saying Clinton was a guarantee. THAT is called a crush.

No dems won MORE SEATS than in any other midterm since Nixon. (40 seats dude) That is crushing it.
We won 6 more governorships.
We won an additional 6 state trifectas (control of all state gov)
and of course and hundreds and hundreds of minor state and county positions.

Dems did fantastic, and the numbers alone don't tell the full story. The reality is that crushing defeat weakened Trump vastly. Republicans in the senate and house now know the price they are going to pay at the polls in 2020 for supporting Trump's racism, his anti american policies.

Why else to you think the majority of elected Republicans have fallen silent? They don't want anything to do with Trump , his wall or his shut down .
and btw it appears you just agreed with me ref the nov 16 peak of trumpism...

Old 01-22-2019, 12:09 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,071,796 times
Quote:
So what you are saying is that if any person of color sees someone wearing a hat in 2019, they are terrorized?

GTFOH Sure doesn't look like it to me.

https://www.ebony.com/wp-content/upl.../07/blackk.png
Ah, it's the old some people of color are okay with it, so all people of color should be okay with it. You don't get to speak for all people.

I'll put a token on my racist nonsense bingo card.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:10 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Quote:
Incorrect. Obama did far far worse and that was just a few years ago. And the GOP gained power in the Senate. Unheard of.

Democrats regained about 280 seats of the 1100+ which they lost under Obama. It was a very poor showing for the money & resources spent.

Did you not even read the post you quoted? LAWL

Old 01-22-2019, 12:12 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Make America Great Again = stop outsourcing jobs overseas, stop politically correct BS, let's bring values and decency back to our society, and let's build a wall to stop illegals from sucking money from American taxpayers, etc.

Your definition is merely a production of your hysterical liberal, mentally ill mind.
Get help, take medication.
Exactly !

Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I would never wear a MAGA hat, but I don't think I want to live in a world where they are construed as hateful. Especially, since "hateful" just means anything one side does not agree with.

This is a democracy Liberals. You cannot have my rights.
it's such a tired old leftist ploy: label stuff you disagree with as 'racist' or 'hate' in an attempt to smear your opposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.