Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 03:05 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The blue states are gonna be red when it's over, one way or another.
Watch out, we've got a bad-ass over here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 03:47 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
So I take it then you don't support Clinton's and other democrats position then when they say they favor a Australian style ban and you do contact your congress person to tell them you don't support it when they start legislation for it and vote against them in the future when they favor such legislation?

Not just NO, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the libturds ever heard about the 2nd Amendment (Probably never heard about the Constitution, the Bill of Rights or any Amendment!)

https://selfreliancecentral.com/2018...PMTANDEMKROSS2

Old 01-22-2019, 04:04 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I am amazed they sell as well as they do. There are soo many guns out there and a huge trade show industry for used and unsold older stuff. Seems like everyone that wants to legally own a gun should have one by now considering how many of these puppies are floating around.

Of course I thought the same thing when Obama was in office and sales were rediculously high. The fear of taking your gun is the best sales pitch I have ever seen. It makes people that own 8 guns go out and buy 2 more which logically does not make any sense at all.

1. If your taking guns then I just wasted money on 2
2. If I am arming up to prevent my guns from being taken and have 8, those other 2 aren’t helping much. Better spent on ammo.
That doesn't mean new models aren't being introduced. SHOT show is happening right now in Las Vegas. Every manufacturer has their new models on display.

And even the same gun can be configured for different purposes. The home defense AR doesn't fit well in the truck, get one in a pistol format. Why not one with a 20" barrel for better accuracy on longer shots. .223 isn't big enough for certain types of hunting - get one chambered in .300BO. Want to take down a moose? One in .458 SOCOM.

This can be applied to almost every type of gun on the market so not just the AR applies here. The Springfield XD pistol comes in 3 sizes. The match version as well. The XDs (single stack so it is thinner) is in a couple of sizes. They just introduced a model with an external hammer. Each model can have a different use and some like the fact that with similar ergonomics, training on one can be applied to all.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:13 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The actual percentage of Americans who own any guns has been consistently falling for decades. The actual number of these toys continues to go up, the difference is due to fear mongering which has persuaded this shrinking segment of the population to buy more and more.
Really???

You need to check your stats

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ing-a-firearm/

Old 01-22-2019, 04:22 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,137,616 times
It's so weird that people stocked up on guns under Obama because of the paranoia that Dems would take the guns away.

And even thought that didn't happen, I'm guessing the same shopping spree will repeat itself if we get a leftie Dem president again. Which either shows a crazed level of paranoia or a sad level of gullibility, that they never learn.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:50 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It's so weird that people stocked up on guns under Obama because of the paranoia that Dems would take the guns away.

And even thought that didn't happen, I'm guessing the same shopping spree will repeat itself if we get a leftie Dem president again. Which either shows a crazed level of paranoia or a sad level of gullibility, that they never learn.
when politicians threaten and/or pass restrictive laws, its no longer paranoia.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:51 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hmmm...fascinating. And wouldn't you care to guess why?

This just goes to show you that what NRA and right-wingers need to energize their base and juice up demand is fear and crisis. That's what this machine feeds on and when it does best.

Quick, someone manufacture a crisis! They're coming for youuuuuu...

https://news.yahoo.com/political-shi...053530253.html
It's salad days.
Where I do transfers is always booming.
Almost any gun store I've been to is booming...

Manufacturers aren't under threat anymore so they can't get 900+ for a basic carbine or pistol any longer. There is truth in democrats being the best firearms salesmen...

Police surplus is rolling in. You can scoop PD issued Glocks up for 300-400 that are in like new condition. Occasionally you'll get one that actually saw use at a range and has holster wear.

Police issued Colt carbines are cheap.

Funny the NRA lives in your head rent free though.

Ammo is affordable again.
I've bought and fired well over 100k rounds since Trump took office. That's just in 5.56...

Old 01-22-2019, 04:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hmmm...fascinating. And wouldn't you care to guess why?

This just goes to show you that what NRA and right-wingers need to energize their base and juice up demand is fear and crisis. That's what this machine feeds on and when it does best.

Quick, someone manufacture a crisis! They're coming for youuuuuu...

https://news.yahoo.com/political-shi...053530253.html
The power isn't there to take, or restrict sales, until the Demwits hold the Presidency.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:05 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Really???

You need to check your stats

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ing-a-firearm/
LOL here's just NICS checks for firearm purchases...

This does not take into account for
States that do not perform NICS checks for concealed carry permit.
The amount of weapons on a 4473.
When I buy stripped receivers for ARs or AKs I usually buy 2-5. And when I receive them they get put on the 4473. One background check for all.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL here's just NICS checks for firearm purchases...

This does not take into account for
States that do not perform NICS checks for concealed carry permit.
The amount of weapons on a 4473.
When I buy stripped receivers for ARs or AKs I usually buy 2-5. And when I receive them they get put on the 4473. One background check for all.
In the last 2 years, I have bought well over 250, 80% lowers and milled other peoples for them, in numbers I cannot count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies