U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 01:01 PM

9,325 posts, read 5,621,803 times

Advertisements

I really hope they find it. Right-wingers, care to join the search party?

Quote:

'Search party' event planned to find Trump's wall in San Antonio

If you're still wondering where San Antonio's wall is you're apparently not alone. And more than a thousand people indicated they're ready to go find it. A San Antonio resident has created a Facebook event dedicated to finding the wall in San Antonio recently referenced by President Donald Trump.

Although San Antonio's overall crime rate has decreased in recent years, none of it is attributable to a border wall -- or any wall -- in the Alamo City because there isn't one.

San Antonio is about 150 miles north of the border, far removed from true border cities like Laredo, Brownsville and McAllen. Still, one San Antonio resident is ready to lead the search party for the nonexistent wall. The event, created by Manuel Lopez Jr., is scheduled for May 5 at the Alamo, according to the Facebook page.
"I propose that we all meet up and find this wall! We as San Antonians deserve to know where this wall is at and deserve some answers," Lopez wrote in the event's description.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 01:05 PM

24,863 posts, read 16,532,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I really hope they find it. Right-wingers, how about lending them a hand (or two)?
Maybe Trump's private investigators that he sent to Hawaii to look into Obama's birth certificate can help find the wall...oh wait! They went missing as well...lol
Quote:
Trump Touts Phantom San Antonio Border Wall Helping Lower Its Crime Rate

Prior to President Donald Trump’s address to the nation Saturday afternoon regarding a deal proposition for a barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border, he said walls help reduce illegal immigration, drugs and human trafficking. The president went on to say a wall in San Antonio helped lower its crime rate.

There’s one glaring problem, though, There’s no wall around San Antonio, which is about 150 miles from Mexico — not even close enough to be considered a border town by Texas standards.

"You look at different places, they put up a wall, no problem," Trump said. "You look at San Antonio, you look at so many different places, they go from one of the most unsafe cities in the country to one of the safest, immediately. Immediately. It works. We have to put them up, and we will put them up. We've got to."

https://www.newsweek.com/president-t...-crime-1298408
It would be funny if it were not so detrimental having that monstrosity in The White House.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:10 PM

10,877 posts, read 2,959,119 times
They already lost Pelosi Wall......which doesn't exist! But there are walls on her house. Walls between the rooms.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:12 PM

18,729 posts, read 17,084,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
They already lost Pelosi Wall......which doesn't exist! But there are walls on her house. Walls between the rooms.

Off topic. How about explaining where the wall is that Trump reference instead of going off topic? Can you?

Old 01-22-2019, 01:13 PM

9,922 posts, read 4,062,327 times
The only wall I saw in San Antonio last September was around the Alamo. We all know how that well that wall worked.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:14 PM

6,819 posts, read 2,037,340 times
Quote:
I think I found it:
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4487...ov%3D100?hl=en

Old 01-22-2019, 01:14 PM

12,399 posts, read 5,845,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Off topic. How about explaining where the wall is that Trump reference instead of going off topic? Can you?
That poster is making fun of cons. They tried claiming Pelosi has a wall when she doesn’t.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:20 PM

4,479 posts, read 4,114,919 times
Quote:
The page was created on the heels of Trump's comments on Saturday morning, when he told reporters how effective a wall has been in San Antonio.

"Everybody knows that walls work," Trump said. "You look at San Antonio, you look at so many different places. they go from one of the most unsafe cities in the country to one of the safest cities, immediately, immediately."

Although San Antonio's overall crime rate has decreased in recent years, none of it is attributable to a border wall -- or any wall -- in the Alamo City because there isn't one.

You'd think that Trump would know where his "big beautiful wall" is and is NOT.

Me, I'm extremely upset that I live only 20 miles from new MEXICO, and there's no wall ANYWHERE. Brown people flow from Aztec to Colorado all the time, and people cross the San Juan River in Shiprock in broad daylight. Where's our Wall???

Old 01-22-2019, 01:20 PM

11,688 posts, read 7,581,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I think the post you responded to was tongue in cheek.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:21 PM

20,781 posts, read 20,966,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That poster is making fun of cons. They tried claiming Pelosi has a wall when she doesn’t.
it's real to them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies