U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 02:35 PM

11,180 posts, read 18,319,663 times

Advertisements

" I feel sorry for those of you that think you need a gun and go through life in fear". "I went through my whole life so far with no need for one".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ter/483863001/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...lanie_Billings

https://www.pressrepublican.com/news...81b04bdd1.html

Man in domestic violence rampage had restraining order - Story | WTTG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 02:38 PM

563 posts, read 167,939 times
I don't need a fire extinguisher, I refuse to live in fear of a house fire.

I don't need insurance, I refuse to live in fear of a car accident.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:40 PM

3,390 posts, read 1,547,157 times
I went through my whole life without anyone breaking into my home. We should just ban door locks. I feel sorry for those of you who think they need to keep their doors locked and live in fear.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:41 PM

5,942 posts, read 5,739,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
I don't need a fire extinguisher, I refuse to live in fear of a house fire.

I don't need insurance, I refuse to live in fear of a car accident.
What I don't fear is a background check when I get a fire extinguisher or car insurance.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:44 PM

3,390 posts, read 1,547,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
What I don't fear is a background check when I get a fire extinguisher or car insurance.
I would be pretty concerned if a background check was required to purchase a fire extinguisher. But I guess you don’t see any issue with that.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:48 PM

31,343 posts, read 25,044,052 times
protection orders are just pieces of paper, they never saved anyone. and i will admit that a gun is not the be all end all in protection, the reality is that nothing is. but when push comes to shove, and your life is on the line, a gun gives you a fighting chance at living. all the anti gunners out that want to disarm the public by banning guns, and yes the anti gun crowd DOES want to ban guns outright, just want people to roll over and give up, and let the criminals do what they will. i dont work that way.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:01 PM

6,076 posts, read 2,278,986 times
I don't own guns because of fear. I own them, along with every other piece of property I own, because it's a inherent natural right to own property.

My primary reason for owning firearms is for sport, but also the secondary and tertiary reasons of hunting and risk mitigation. All but one of my firearms has only every put hole into paper silhouettes, and the remaining one has also put a proper kill shot on a decent sized white tail buck a few years ago. None have been used for risk mitigation yet, and good Lord willing, never will be. But if the need arises, they're there, ready to go.

No fear involved. None whatsoever. Properly cold, indifferent tactical planning and risk mitigation isn't about fear, it's about creating a proper framework such that nothing need be feared.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:06 PM

2,828 posts, read 2,875,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

Well, considering where you're 'located' it doesn't surprise me.

And by the way, don't plan on standing behind me if the shooting starts.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:18 PM

9,300 posts, read 7,399,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I don't own guns because of fear. I own them, along with every other piece of property I own, because it's a inherent natural right to own property.

My primary reason for owning firearms is for sport, but also the secondary and tertiary reasons of hunting and risk mitigation. All but one of my firearms has only every put hole into paper silhouettes, and the remaining one has also put a proper kill shot on a decent sized white tail buck a few years ago. None have been used for risk mitigation yet, and good Lord willing, never will be. But if the need arises, they're there, ready to go.

No fear involved. None whatsoever. Properly cold, indifferent tactical planning and risk mitigation isn't about fear, it's about creating a proper framework such that nothing need be feared.

My sentiments exactly. Where I live, the response time for the state police or the county sheriff can be anywhere from 15 minutes to half an hour or more!
"When seconds count, help is 15 minutes or more away." When the "help" arrives, they will investigate the crime scene then go on about their business. It will be too late for the person who called for help. Like it or not, that's the way it is! Self defense is a necessity out here.
Keep in mind that we are less than 5 miles from the City Limits!

Old 01-22-2019, 03:19 PM

23,417 posts, read 8,855,777 times
Property rights are absolute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or