U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 04:14 AM

8,957 posts, read 10,518,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What do you bet that those kids who were bused to that rally, didn't even know what it was about? Maybe they spent all the time texting each other?
My bet is that they did know what it was about but that not many were truly devoted to the actual issue. Just their age. It's ludicrous that they were taken to the rally in the first place.

Last edited by TXNGL; 01-23-2019 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: Went off topic on another current issue.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 05:00 AM

33,391 posts, read 39,952,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.toddstarnes.com/faith/fa...KaGaPPOwIqB0_4

"Fake News CNN is back obsessing over crowd sizes, but instead of President Trumpís inauguration, it was the annual March for Life."

Liberal news lie about this every year. I don't know why they are so afraid of it------well yes I do actually.

You can watch the whole march video from beginning to end.
perhaps you could post the sound byte of CNN claiming there were only 1k people in the march.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:18 AM

43 posts, read 5,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What do you bet that those kids who were bused to that rally, didn't even know what it was about? Maybe they spent all the time texting each other?

My children (now adults) both went to Catholic high schools local to the March for Life. The kids are basically "heavily encouraged" to go. The whole school goes and gets bussed. If you don't go, you can't stay home unless you lie and say you're sick. You have to come to school and sit in a detention-like atmosphere all day in order to not get a negative absence on your record.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:00 AM

2,343 posts, read 565,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Maybe the rural kids are pro life but the rest of the country either doesnít care or is pro choice.

I hope one day we move on from this stupidity as roe vs wade was over a half century ago already. If you donít want an abortion then donít get one. Or cover it up like a republican politician would.
You completely miss the point. People who are pro-life feel it's wrong to have their tax money pay for them.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:40 AM

15,202 posts, read 5,322,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
My children (now adults) both went to Catholic high schools local to the March for Life. The kids are basically "heavily encouraged" to go. The whole school goes and gets bussed. If you don't go, you can't stay home unless you lie and say you're sick. You have to come to school and sit in a detention-like atmosphere all day in order to not get a negative absence on your record.
So basically it is a forced field trip, which is actually in keeping with the pro-forced birth message of the march. Force the kids to go and march for the cause of forcing every pregnant woman in America to give birth, whether they want to or not.

Yep, that sounds about right for the Catholic Church.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:56 AM

7,833 posts, read 4,908,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You know you're not even talking sense at this point. Best go to bed.
It made sense to some , they took the time to rep me.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM

1,229 posts, read 376,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You completely miss the point. People who are pro-life feel it's wrong to have their tax money pay for them.
So what do impoverished people who are most likely to need them do then? Clearly the right is against public assistance. So if you’re poor you get no abortion and can’t pay for the child.

Also I’m pretty sure kids don’t care about taxes.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:58 AM

4,727 posts, read 3,295,820 times
Quote:
Well then they have nothing to worry about or march for because tax money does not pay for abortions. Problem solved!

Still want to march? Hmm, maybe it is actually about wanting to control the private decisions that women make with the guidance of their doctors...

Old 01-23-2019, 12:54 PM

12,401 posts, read 5,848,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
The whole school goes to a political rally? That's nuts. I can see a field trip that has nothing to do with a political rally but to basically force kids to go to a rally? No way, no how.
Quote:
Where was your tax money when my boyfriend & I paid for my abortion? I'd like you to fork it over please.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:07 PM

5,830 posts, read 5,151,588 times
Obviously the OP was at the rally and can provide us with a first-hand report of the whole shebang.....right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies