U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:33 AM
Status: "TRUMP2020MAGA" (set 12 days ago)
 
3,787 posts, read 709,699 times
Reputation: 2014

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is what the bill says about the late term abortions:

"if there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health."

So, it is right to force a woman to deliver to a dead baby, even when it puts her own life at risk?
This is the exception. More often it is voluntary because mommy is too busy/drunk/drugged to use protection or to want her baby.

Using a worst case, critical case scenario is a tactic to detract from the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Little Rock, AR
2,622 posts, read 809,371 times
Reputation: 1594
Gross
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:41 AM
 
3,075 posts, read 1,361,085 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
WHAT?! Even one day before expected date?

These people are murderers. Disgusting, evil, hateful murderers.
Yet when that Single Momma's child grows up and is on welfare or assistance, some people whine about "My taxes" and " Tax payers" Money.

They dont really care about the life, they only care about their money and their "concept"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:42 AM
 
2,815 posts, read 677,469 times
Reputation: 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The law allows abortions after the 24-week mark if the fetus is not viable or the mother's health is at risk.

How can you call yourself pro-life if you don't care about the life of the mother?
Can you give an example of where the life of the mother would be at stake because she was having a baby? I am serious? I think this is another Democrat talking point. I had placenta previa when I was pregnant and had I delivered naturally, yes, I could have died. They knew about it 10 weeks in and monitored the entire pregnancy. I had a scheduled C-section. So I am serious. WHAT risk does a pregnancy cause a mother's life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Florida
59,904 posts, read 33,008,389 times
Reputation: 9836
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
This is the exception. More often it is voluntary because mommy is too busy/drunk/drugged to use protection or to want her baby.

Using a worst case, critical case scenario is a tactic to detract from the truth.
No, it is the proposed LAW restricting late term abortions. They will not be allowed under any other situation, which is why the OPs claim about "later term abortions for any reason" is dishonest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Camberville
11,662 posts, read 16,355,937 times
Reputation: 18695
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Those oppressed people in third world countries are forced to get abortions and here when we have all the things we need to live a good life kill our children.
Except we don't.

We don't have universal healthcare. Income disparity is growing so that in many parts of the country, it would take multiple jobs to be able to afford a 1 bedroom apartment (mine is $1500 an hour from my suburban workplace and more than an hour from the job hub of the region). We don't have paid parental leave. FMLA is only guaranteed if you have worked for more than a year at an employer with more than 50 employees - and FMLA does very little if you have complications that require bedrest before birth or have complications after. Not to mention that, again, FMLA is unpaid. Childcare is at MINIMUM $2000 a month.

How do we have all the things we need to live a good life when a complicated pregnancy can decimate your finances and career?

Above all, how can we live a good life if we do not have control of our own bodies? You are advocating for nothing close to a good life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:52 AM
Status: "TRUMP2020MAGA" (set 12 days ago)
 
3,787 posts, read 709,699 times
Reputation: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Yet when that Single Momma's child grows up and is on welfare or assistance, some people whine about "My taxes" and " Tax payers" Money.

They dont really care about the life, they only care about their money and their "concept"
There are single mom with kids who abuse the assistance and use it for themselves or for low quality food products for the kids. Yes, it's sad for the kids and they need to be taken care of.

There will always be sorry people who don't care about their kids on assistance and not on assistance. We can't justify killing the kids when they are babies because of that though.

There are many great people who succeed in spite of crappy mothers/fathers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Camberville
11,662 posts, read 16,355,937 times
Reputation: 18695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Can you give an example of where the life of the mother would be at stake because she was having a baby? I am serious? I think this is another Democrat talking point. I had placenta previa when I was pregnant and had I delivered naturally, yes, I could have died. They knew about it 10 weeks in and monitored the entire pregnancy. I had a scheduled C-section. So I am serious. WHAT risk does a pregnancy cause a mother's life?
I had cancer in my 20s which weakened my lungs, kidneys, and heart. I have been told to expect to need bedrest at the end of my pregnancy (unpaid, at the risk of overrunning FMLA and losing my job) and that pregnancy could be risky and cause further strain/damage on already strained organs. I am working to be able to financially afford the ramifications of this, but until I do, I would have an abortion if my birth control fails.

My SIL had pre-eclampsia. She had access to healthcare, time off of work, and a husband who was also able to take time off and support her. She and my niece still almost died in the OR after 4 days of labor in the hospital under close monitoring. The obgyn was very up-front about how close they were to losing her and how risky an additional pregnancy would be. Whoops - she's pregnant again and her faith won't allow her to abort. Risky.

My old boss was on bedrest for 3 months during her last pregnancy. Her husband had to take time off of work to take her to be monitored for her very high blood pressure. She also had hyperemesis through both of her pregnancies and spent much of the first few months with her head over a toilet. Luckily, her employer was understanding and worked with her so she did not lose her job. How many would have kept paying an employee who spent nearly 9 months at diminished or no capacity? She also had a very risky delivery.

You say you were monitored the entire pregnancy. Did you get time off of work to get medical care? How frequently did you go? Recognize that low income women DO NOT HAVE THAT OPTION. That can increase risk of death.

And have you never heard of people dying in childbirth? Sometimes, there's no warning.

Late term abortions are typically in extreme situations. The fetus has some kind of dramatic genetic or physical abnormality, the mother has cancer and needs to get into chemo, or extreme complications develop at 20 or 22 weeks after a healthy pregnancy. Very few doctors perform them and not without careful consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:55 AM
 
6,176 posts, read 1,286,879 times
Reputation: 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
"DESPICABLE. The One World Trade Center is lit up pink tonight to "celebrate" the passage of a bill in New York legalizing abortion until birth for any reason."


"New York leadership cheers today for the legalization of killing a baby old enough to be born - poisoning a 6-month-old to death in the womb & delivering her in pieces.
This is the legacy of Roe v. Wade. It's time to end this barbarism."


Is it any wonder why our country is so messed up?
It's a free country, you have a right to your opinion. For the record, I am anti-abortion also.

But I don't need to call people and differing ideas "despicable," because I'm a mature adult and know how to process having a different opinion from other people without name-calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Austin
11,424 posts, read 6,545,685 times
Reputation: 12585
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It's a free country, you have a right to your opinion. For the record, I am anti-abortion also.

But I don't need to call people and differing ideas "despicable," because I'm a mature adult and know how to process having a different opinion from other people without name-calling.
If someone thinks it is morally murder to kill babies in the womb, "despicable" is an appropriate word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top