Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 05:49 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Planned Parenthood must segregate tax money from funds used to pay for abortions. They are audited annually to make sure they do that.
You're arguing with a poster who thinks getting an abortion at nine months is a matter of convenience. You can see how futile it is to bring facts into any response to her, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 05:54 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
No, but maybe for convenience?
No, because they will not be able to find someone to do it. The law specifies that either the mother's health must be in danger or there is something going on with the fetus that will make it impossible for it to survive. Convenience is neither of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You're arguing with a poster who thinks getting an abortion at nine months is a matter of convenience. You can see how futile it is to bring facts into any response, right?
Yep, but there are people who are lurking and not participating in the thread who may get the message.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:13 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Saw this today

If you’re mad about the new abortion law in New York please take a minute to read this. You’re probably picturing the horrible women who decide last minute that... they in fact don’t want to be mothers and decide to kill their baby instead. I understand why that image makes you angry so please look at these ones instead.
After having 2 miscarriages, I almost died giving birth to my stillborn daughter. She had a genetic problem that was not compatible with life outside of the womb. We had no idea until she died at 32 weeks. Recovery was hard, I had an emergency c section and lost more than half my blood. We stayed in the hospital for a week, until my levels were okay enough to spend the next 6 weeks at home on bed rest, grieving my daughter.
I’m 15 weeks pregnant now and if we find out that this baby has the same genetic issues as our last then we will be faced with the difficult decision of terminating the pregnancy or again possibly almost dying giving birth to a stillborn baby.
So I just wanted to show you who this law is for. It only allows for late term abortions of babies that are going to die anyway or for pregnancies that might kill the mother.
This law is for the women who have been struggling for years to have a healthy baby, only to find out at the end of their pregnancy that their baby won’t survive, or that if they continue the pregnancy they will probably die. This law will give women a little bit of control of something so horrible happening to them. This law will save lives of women like me.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:32 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So the mother should be forced to die in order to allow a non-viable fetus to be born? Really? That is kind of berserk.
Show me a case where the death of the baby at 24 weeks would have saved a mother, when a C-section/induced birth couldn't save both.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
And the birth mothers. Ripped children from their unwed mother's arms, sold the babies to wealthy Catholic families. Buried mothers and babies who perished in childbirth or afterwards in mass hidden graves. Charming folks, these. One example, look up Tuam.
Why are you only focusing on the bad and not the good? This is probably why women choose abortion, they can't see any good that can come from having a baby. How sad but that's our culture now.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Bill was passed and Cuomo has signed into law; they are doing victory lap dances atm in Albany. If this bit of news has you upset then hang onto your hat, because more of the same will be rolling out over next four years.

Elections have consequences. People didn't bother voting against the "blue wave" so now there isn't a GOP controlled NYS senate to act as a buffer against the worst excesses of democrats/liberals.

In other news this week transgender was added to NYS anti-housing discrimination laws and some other tidbits.

By 2023 NYS will look not much different than California politically, and that includes the high taxes.
Trust me, I know. I live in Florida, and with all of the New Yorkers moving down here to get away from the NY BS has cause Florida to now pass NY in the population department. Florida is trying to stay sane, but the democrats keep flooding the state with stupid people from other countries that continue to vote democrat.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Saw this today

If you’re mad about the new abortion law in New York please take a minute to read this. You’re probably picturing the horrible women who decide last minute that... they in fact don’t want to be mothers and decide to kill their baby instead. I understand why that image makes you angry so please look at these ones instead.
After having 2 miscarriages, I almost died giving birth to my stillborn daughter. She had a genetic problem that was not compatible with life outside of the womb. We had no idea until she died at 32 weeks. Recovery was hard, I had an emergency c section and lost more than half my blood. We stayed in the hospital for a week, until my levels were okay enough to spend the next 6 weeks at home on bed rest, grieving my daughter.
I’m 15 weeks pregnant now and if we find out that this baby has the same genetic issues as our last then we will be faced with the difficult decision of terminating the pregnancy or again possibly almost dying giving birth to a stillborn baby.
So I just wanted to show you who this law is for. It only allows for late term abortions of babies that are going to die anyway or for pregnancies that might kill the mother.
This law is for the women who have been struggling for years to have a healthy baby, only to find out at the end of their pregnancy that their baby won’t survive, or that if they continue the pregnancy they will probably die. This law will give women a little bit of control of something so horrible happening to them. This law will save lives of women like me.
I guess I don't understand this. Did your daughter die before you gave birth? Then it's isn't an abortion since the baby died naturally. It's sad you were so far along when she died but you would have continued the pregnancy is she was alive? So the outcome would not have been any different. You still would have had to have an emergency C-section.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedThatApt View Post
Any of you have uterus? No? Then nothing you need to be concerned about.
I do, and I think any woman who aborts her fetus without trying everything she can to save her baby is a selfish female dog. I find in interesting, I tried to get a hysterectomy, and the doctors tell me I legally can't have one until I have a child, or I turn 50, so please tell me, where is the free choice at when laws are there that say I can't even get a hysterectomy?

Old 01-27-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
ITT: triggered Christians, conservatives and right-wing bible thumpers.
So, you are happy that babies will be killed because it triggers Christians? Seriously, can you be even more sick in the head?

Old 01-27-2019, 10:51 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
WHAT?! Even one day before expected date?

These people are murderers. Disgusting, evil, hateful murderers.
No, not one day, after it's been born for at least 8 years!!! This is madness, I tell you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies