Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 11:18 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Show me a case where the death of the baby at 24 weeks would have saved a mother, when a C-section/induced birth couldn't save both.
https://www.verywellfamily.com/prema...bility-2371529

Survival by gestational age:

Length of Pregnancy Likelihood of Survival
23 weeks..................17 percent
24 weeks..................39 percent
25 weeks..................50 percent
26 weeks..................80 percent
27 weeks..................90 percent
28 to 31 weeks..........90 to 95 percent
32 to 33 weeks..........95 percent
34+ weeks................Almost as likely as a full-term baby

The survival rates at less than 26 weeks do not reflect complications that can produce intellectual and physical disabilities. Even at 26 weeks, about 20 percent of them will have no long-term problems. That leaves about 80 percent with some form of developmental or physical problem in their lives.

If it is necessary for a mother to deliver early because she has a serious medical condition then everything that can be done to save the baby will be done, but not all of those babies will survive. The NY law protects the doctor who delivers a fetus early for maternal indications and that fetus does not survive from being charged with doing an illegal abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I do, and I think any woman who aborts her fetus without trying everything she can to save her baby is a selfish female dog. I find in interesting, I tried to get a hysterectomy, and the doctors tell me I legally can't have one until I have a child, or I turn 50, so please tell me, where is the free choice at when laws are there that say I can't even get a hysterectomy?
What do you not understand about the fact that the new NY law refers to fetuses that are not going to make it? They cannot be saved, they are going to die, and making a mother carry such a pregnancy to term is cruel for both mother and fetus.

If the mother decides to terminate the pregnancy in order to improve her own chances of survival how is that selfish? What if she already has other children? Is it selfish to want to be there to take care of them?

There is no law anywhere in the US that specifies a minimum age or the number of pregnancies that a woman must have in order to have a hysterectomy. There has to be an indication for the procedure, though, and most gynecologists would be wary of doing one for a young woman with no children and no gynecologic problems, because such women change their minds and then they come after the doctor claiming to not have been fully informed about the alternatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 11:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
"If God doesn't judge America, He's going to have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah" ~ Billy Graham (originally attributed to his wife Ruth)
So do conservative Christian regard abortion an even worse sin than indulging in homosexuality?

Old 01-27-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The law took that out also. Now one can kill a pregnant women's baby and only be charged with a misdemeanor. No more "life is sacred" for them.
Not much different how abortion was handled in the bible when caused against the well of a pregnant woman. The person who caused the abortion had to pay a fine to the woman's husband. Nowhere does the Bible regard abortion as worthy of a murder charge.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Agree completely. Right is right and wrong is wrong, and this is WRONG.
Then please don't indulge in sexual intercourse when you don't want to take care of the baby.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
gross. if you are just a loose woman and dont want a kid you should feel shame.
What about a loose man you loves to have unprotected sex with many loose women and so is half the cause of abortions?

Old 01-28-2019, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
And Janelle is only concerned about the fetus, and doesn't give a rat's behind once the kid is born. Same as every other "pro-life" conservative. While pregnant, they want the woman to be forced to have a kid. As soon as the kid is born, and the mom needs assistance, it turns to "Well, you shouldn't have had a baby you can't care for!"

"Pro-life" people are no such thing. They only care about the life while it is in the womb.
Right, that is so 110% true.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Right-wing Christian fundamentalists hide their abortions and then pray for forgiveness. They won’t show up on polls or stat sheets.
So sickeningly true. Some even have the gall to sneak away to get an abortion after demonstrating at abortion clinics.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Keep your legs closed. Keep it in your pants.
Problem solved.
The best advice on this forum on how to deal with the problem of abortion in this country.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:25 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The State legislating your rights back to you is barbaric.
How is killing a baby become anyone’s right?

Old 01-28-2019, 01:26 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The best advice on this forum on how to deal with the problem of abortion in this country.
That has worked so well throughout history. You should take that bid tent religious revival show on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies