Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 07:43 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,950 times

Advertisements

disgusting. no one should be celebrating abortion of any kind. if you get to that point where you need an abortion you should feel nothing but terrible guilt unless you are a rape case or there is some kind of terrible deformity. to celebrate this as a victory for women's rights is mental illness imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 07:45 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that she's referring to the healthy babies that would be aborted by a mother who would die if she continues a pregnancy.

So, basically, women should martyr themselves to pop out more kids.
The OP doesn't give a damn about the woman's life. She doesn't even pretend otherwise. She doesn't even give a damn about the child once its born.

It's all, and only, about the fetus. Because that's what the Catholic church indoctrinates in their flock of sheep.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:46 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If someone thinks it is morally murder to kill babies in the womb, "despicable" is an appropriate word.
And thanks to this great nation we call home, you have the right to that opinion.

I think abortion is a sin and the thought of someone canceling a life that could be loved and cared for by someone makes me very sad.

But I'm able to understand that not everyone in this world feels the same way I do about everything, and I'm okay with that. Being able to "agree to disagree" is a fantastic character trait.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:47 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Can you give an example of where the life of the mother would be at stake because she was having a baby? I am serious? I think this is another Democrat talking point. I had placenta previa when I was pregnant and had I delivered naturally, yes, I could have died. They knew about it 10 weeks in and monitored the entire pregnancy. I had a scheduled C-section. So I am serious. WHAT risk does a pregnancy cause a mother's life?
You can't be serious??? Maybe you can go to webmd and type in that question.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:47 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Great night for women in the state of New York!! Hey OP if you need an abortion you know where to get one. I'm happy that y'all are human rights activists and like to stand up for the "unrepresented", but I'd suggest saving that for all of the oppressed peoples accross the globe.
How can you be more oppressed and vulnerable than being an unborn baby?

In 100 years people are going to be revolted by the very idea of abortion.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:51 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
"DESPICABLE. The One World Trade Center is lit up pink tonight to "celebrate" the passage of a bill in New York legalizing abortion until birth for any reason."

"New York leadership cheers today for the legalization of killing a baby old enough to be born - poisoning a 6-month-old to death in the womb & delivering her in pieces.
This is the legacy of Roe v. Wade. It's time to end this barbarism."

Is it any wonder why our country is so messed up?
Our country is so messed up because people don't bother to read the very laws they are beginning discussions about, and continue to spew lies, exaggerations, and fallacies. Read your own post for a spectacular example of the ignorance that is messing up this nation.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How can you be more oppressed and vulnerable than being an unborn baby?

In 100 years people are going to be revolted by the very idea of abortion.
In 100 years from now, hopefully the population will have moved away from the Dark Ages of the influence of the religious right, everyone will be afforded free birth control, and comprehensive sex ed will be mandatory in every school. And abortion will be rare because of these changes, but available when needed. I'm hoping we will be a much more enlightened society and much less governed by authoritarian superstition by then.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:56 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
if you get to that point where you need an abortion you should feel nothing but terrible guilt unless you are a rape case or there is some kind of terrible deformity.
Many women feel relief and gratitude. Sorry to disappoint you!

Old 01-23-2019, 07:58 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Except we don't.

We don't have universal healthcare. Income disparity is growing so that in many parts of the country, it would take multiple jobs to be able to afford a 1 bedroom apartment (mine is $1500 an hour from my suburban workplace and more than an hour from the job hub of the region). We don't have paid parental leave. FMLA is only guaranteed if you have worked for more than a year at an employer with more than 50 employees - and FMLA does very little if you have complications that require bedrest before birth or have complications after. Not to mention that, again, FMLA is unpaid. Childcare is at MINIMUM $2000 a month.

How do we have all the things we need to live a good life when a complicated pregnancy can decimate your finances and career?

Above all, how can we live a good life if we do not have control of our own bodies? You are advocating for nothing close to a good life.

And yet despite all that we still have a higher quality of life and more economic opportunities than most other countries on the planet.

So much so that people from all over the world want to immigrate here both legally and illegaly......

Amazing huh?

Old 01-23-2019, 07:58 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times
These 8 pages of posts just go to show that the right wing nuts (note: not all right wing people, only the nuts) will stick to there guns regardless of facts.... They believe the fake news just as much, or more so, than those on the left. It's pathetic. I mean, even after the original poster was shown to be flat out lying, people are STILL posting about this as if her original post was 100% fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies