U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 03:56 PM

2,601 posts, read 484,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This is impeachable. If Trump and his team were in on these crimes...that would be conspiracy. We are hopefully towards the end of a pending investigation into this...so we should know here pretty soon.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1K32X1
I think the bigger issue is not impeachment but removal from office and getting locked up. Impeachments and removal from office are the respective equivalents of getting charged and convicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 04:10 PM

55,777 posts, read 39,353,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Impeachment of Trump is basically over. There are no impeachable offenses to this point, and there never have been.

Anything Mueller (and the deep state by extension) does at this point is to try and damage Trump's re-election chances.

Schiff throws cold water on impeaching Trump

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said in an interview that aired Friday on "Rising" that he presumes President Trump will be voted out of office, effectively throwing cold water on impeachment.

"Where it ends I don't know," Schiff told actor Richard Schiff — the two are not related — in a Hill.TV interview on Thursday. "I presume it ends with Donald Trump being voted out of office."

While there will likely be pressure from Democratic voters to move to impeach Trump, newly elected Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has set the bar high for impeachment.

“If there's to be grounds for impeachment of President Trump — and I'm not seeking those grounds — that would have to be so clearly bipartisan in terms of acceptance of it before I think we should go down any impeachment path,” Pelosi told USA Today on Friday.

If something new arises, then all bets are off. If the status quo is maintained, everything that comes out about Trump/Russia is about damaging Trump for 2020, not impeachment.

I thought this was interesting... think of Iranian Valerie Jarrett (being Obama's right hand) when you read this.

"At the end of the day, we need to be able to tell the American people exactly what took place in the 2016 election, and whether a foreign nation or a foreign adversary has leverage over the president of the United States," he said.

The proof of this you supply is truly underwhelming, let us know when Mueller puts the fat lady on stage.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:22 PM

35,251 posts, read 13,447,334 times
Impeachment is done?

Hadn't heard it had even started.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:26 PM

6,470 posts, read 9,254,246 times
These are all impeachable

2 or 3 counts Treason

2 or 3 counts of obstruction justice

Trumps DC Hotel breaking the Emoluments Clause

Illegal campaign payment to Stormy Daniels to keep her quite

Getting a lot of inauguration payments from foreign countries for his inauguration which most of the money went missing

Trump acting like a little baby because he is not getting his wall and keeping the Government shut down anybody else would be impeached for this Hilary would not have made it 10 days doing the same thing

Old 01-23-2019, 04:49 PM

40,576 posts, read 16,302,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The proof of this you supply is truly underwhelming, let us know when Mueller puts the fat lady on stage.

For you, it seems, the proof will be when Trump finishes up his 2nd term, at the beginning of 2025. Gonna be a long slog for you. I suggest some meditation.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:55 PM

20,140 posts, read 13,525,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Another Waldokitty prediction comes True.

I told you guys back in November after the election, there would be no impeachment by the Democrats.

The TDS afflicted were salivating like Pavlov's dogs it was going to happen.
Well, we still could be wrong. While I agree with you, given these fractious times, wiser heads may not prevail in the Capitol. For sure, there are Democrats in the base that are all in for impeachment, right now!

The Capitol's Democratic leadership is firmly against it, but if the outcry becomes a leading issue by late this year, the leaders may have to go along with impeachment despite their sound reasons against it.

So far, though, the newcomers haven't been so hard-nosed as they could become. I hope they realize the trap impeachment would make after the shut-down has done it's work on Trump.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:57 PM

55,777 posts, read 39,353,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
For you, it seems, the proof will be when Trump finishes up his 2nd term, at the beginning of 2025. Gonna be a long slog for you. I suggest some meditation.

I suggest you leave FantasyLand and open your eyes to your little hero's well documented history of lies and underhandedness.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:04 PM

40,576 posts, read 16,302,823 times
Quote:
I suggest you leave FantasyLand and open your eyes to your little hero's well documented history of lies and underhandedness.

Fantasy? Trump is right where I said he would be. Started saying it in 2015. How have you done?

Old 01-23-2019, 05:50 PM

26,850 posts, read 14,590,092 times
Quote:
The two people most responsible for impeaching a president at this stage is underwhelming. Tells me what you think of them...

Old 01-23-2019, 06:24 PM

19,435 posts, read 11,497,652 times
The devil is in the details or in his coattails I think - he won’t be impeached - the govt or the economy or something will fall and he won’t be able to pop his head at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or