Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 06:40 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,405,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
From what i'm reading you are incorrect. It takes a Super majority [2/3] of the senate to convict him and remove him from office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac..._United_States

Since Dems hold 47 senate seats, it would take 20 Pubs crossing over to remove tRump in an impeachment trial.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but it might.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 07:40 PM

672 posts, read 254,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Smart dems were never about removing trump. For them they want him to hang around for 2 more years damaging the repugs brand.
^^^^^^^
This!

Old 01-25-2019, 07:44 PM

15,696 posts, read 9,434,088 times
You know who knows what is going to happen with Trump's possible impeachment? No one. It's all speculations at this point.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:55 PM

7,816 posts, read 4,529,887 times
Relevant question: Which is worse, impeachment or political castration?

All things being equal, I'd prefer to see the latter. It's also more likely in Trump's case.

Last edited by take57; 01-25-2019 at 08:09 PM..

Old 01-25-2019, 11:28 PM

1,330 posts, read 693,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Relevant question: Which is worse, impeachment or political castration?

All things being equal, I'd prefer to see the latter. It's also more likely in Trump's case.
I think contrary to what our normal Trumpsters here want to believe, Trump will be done in less than 2 years, regardless of what happens -- assuming the Democrats can run a semi-competent rival.

Trump's done enough damage to his party that only the loyal followers will continue to vote for him at this point. Anyone with half a brain would at least pause and question his revolving door of cabinet members and all of the people going to jail that surrounded him. Even if he is clean, one would have to question his judgement of other's character to be that ignorant of those around him.

Of course, there's a high potential that he doesn't even try to run for re-election anyways. It'd be easier for him to "retire" than to admit defeat.

I'm also pretty sure that the OP and other Trumpsters here want the investigation to be "done" because somewhere deep down, they know that there's a possibility that Trump was or is involved with Russia. They want it to end because if it is true, it then means that they were wrong and they themselves would have a harder time admitting that.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:41 PM

4,337 posts, read 1,534,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Impeachment of Trump is basically over. There are no impeachable offenses to this point, and there never have been.

Anything Mueller (and the deep state by extension) does at this point is to try and damage Trump's re-election chances.

Schiff throws cold water on impeaching Trump

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said in an interview that aired Friday on "Rising" that he presumes President Trump will be voted out of office, effectively throwing cold water on impeachment.

"Where it ends I don't know," Schiff told actor Richard Schiff — the two are not related — in a Hill.TV interview on Thursday. "I presume it ends with Donald Trump being voted out of office."

While there will likely be pressure from Democratic voters to move to impeach Trump, newly elected Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has set the bar high for impeachment.

“If there's to be grounds for impeachment of President Trump — and I'm not seeking those grounds — that would have to be so clearly bipartisan in terms of acceptance of it before I think we should go down any impeachment path,†Pelosi told USA Today on Friday.

If something new arises, then all bets are off. If the status quo is maintained, everything that comes out about Trump/Russia is about damaging Trump for 2020, not impeachment.

I thought this was interesting... think of Iranian Valerie Jarrett (being Obama's right hand) when you read this.

"At the end of the day, we need to be able to tell the American people exactly what took place in the 2016 election, and whether a foreign nation or a foreign adversary has leverage over the president of the United States," he said.
Those fools don't even know how elections work in the US. We don't ever vote people out of office, only in. The leave office when their term expires, either original or re-elected term.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:43 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,523,572 times
It's getting bad for trump and now the Federal employees aren't even back and he is threatening another shut down .If republicans want to stop the bleeding they might vote to impeach.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:15 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,130,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
I think contrary to what our normal Trumpsters here want to believe, Trump will be done in less than 2 years, regardless of what happens -- assuming the Democrats can run a semi-competent rival.

Trump's done enough damage to his party that only the loyal followers will continue to vote for him at this point. Anyone with half a brain would at least pause and question his revolving door of cabinet members and all of the people going to jail that surrounded him. Even if he is clean, one would have to question his judgement of other's character to be that ignorant of those around him.

Of course, there's a high potential that he doesn't even try to run for re-election anyways. It'd be easier for him to "retire" than to admit defeat.

I'm also pretty sure that the OP and other Trumpsters here want the investigation to be "done" because somewhere deep down, they know that there's a possibility that Trump was or is involved with Russia. They want it to end because if it is true, it then means that they were wrong and they themselves would have a harder time admitting that.
May I remind you that the "special counsel", (who by the way appears to be practicing law with in inactive license and if you can show me evidence of a valid active license I'd appreciate it greatly) did business with Russia regarding Uranium One?

I'd also remind you that Oleg Deripaska was and likely still is an intelligence asset shared by the US and Russia.

And I'd also remind you that MANY people in and out of government, from the highest levels, are "involved" with Russia one way or another, for reasons both practical and otherwise.

Yes, I question his revolving door of cabinet members. Hiring people is not his strong suit, evidently. But I honor Trump, if for no other reason than that he has pulled back the curtain on the ugliness and criminality of government. And for his willingness to take the punches that no one else could possibly withstand. Congress on both sides of the aisle is a complete waste of flesh, as is the DOJ.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,408,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yep. It's better for Dems if he hangs himself rather than be branded a martyr. Trump will forever make the Republicans look bad.
Absolutely. Let him hang himself. He's been effectively neutered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Are you joking? I know of at least two who would vote to impeach: Romney and Sasse (if he's still there).
Ok. Well that's two . . . . .

Old 01-26-2019, 09:20 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,130,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Absolutely. Let him hang himself. He's been effectively neutered.

Ok. Well that's two . . . . .
Three, if you count Rubio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies