U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:19 PM

26,826 posts, read 14,579,878 times

Advertisements

Impeachment of Trump is basically over. There are no impeachable offenses to this point, and there never have been.

Anything Mueller (and the deep state by extension) does at this point is to try and damage Trump's re-election chances.

Schiff throws cold water on impeaching Trump

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said in an interview that aired Friday on "Rising" that he presumes President Trump will be voted out of office, effectively throwing cold water on impeachment.

"Where it ends I don't know," Schiff told actor Richard Schiff — the two are not related — in a Hill.TV interview on Thursday. "I presume it ends with Donald Trump being voted out of office."

While there will likely be pressure from Democratic voters to move to impeach Trump, newly elected Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has set the bar high for impeachment.

“If there's to be grounds for impeachment of President Trump — and I'm not seeking those grounds — that would have to be so clearly bipartisan in terms of acceptance of it before I think we should go down any impeachment path,” Pelosi told USA Today on Friday.

If something new arises, then all bets are off. If the status quo is maintained, everything that comes out about Trump/Russia is about damaging Trump for 2020, not impeachment.

I thought this was interesting... think of Iranian Valerie Jarrett (being Obama's right hand) when you read this.

"At the end of the day, we need to be able to tell the American people exactly what took place in the 2016 election, and whether a foreign nation or a foreign adversary has leverage over the president of the United States," he said.

Last edited by DRob4JC; Today at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:00 PM

4,728 posts, read 1,341,778 times
cool story, bro

Old Today, 02:16 PM

16,061 posts, read 18,682,768 times
Trump's impeachment was already dead on arrival.

All rational people knew it.

Old Today, 02:20 PM

3,348 posts, read 2,288,479 times
I never wanted to see Pence in the White House anyway. That guy is worse than Trump in many ways. Trump is hapless, Pence is a bit smarter.

Old Today, 02:21 PM

18,705 posts, read 11,930,615 times
Impeachment will not make it through the Senate.

Old Today, 02:33 PM

2,833 posts, read 1,049,277 times
Smart dems were never about removing trump. For them they want him to hang around for 2 more years damaging the repugs brand.

Old Today, 02:33 PM

20,128 posts, read 13,514,998 times
The Democrats will never start an impeachment.

Impeachment tends to shoots backward unless the President's own party loads the gun.

More importantly, all the Democrats have to do is wait Trump out. The guy's capacity for self-destruction is so large all the Democrats need is the patience to let him blow himself up.

The longer it takes, the more Republican Senators will go with him when he blows.

Trump is spinning so hard now he's beginning to fall to pieces. While I don't particularly care for Pence, I'm pretty sure he'll be in the White House by this time next year and Trump will be long gone.

Old Today, 02:35 PM

4,468 posts, read 1,183,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Impeachment will not make it through the Senate.
Correct, but - if things went down that way - information from the congressional hearings on it WOULD make it into the realm of public information. Which may actually be even more valuable.

Old Today, 02:36 PM

40,563 posts, read 16,283,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said in an interview that aired Friday on "Rising" that he presumes President Trump will be voted out of office, effectively throwing cold water on impeachment.

If there's to be grounds for impeachment of President Trump — and I'm not seeking those grounds — that would have to be so clearly bipartisan in terms of acceptance of it before I think we should go down any impeachment path,” Pelosi told USA Today on Friday.

Another Waldokitty prediction comes True.

I told you guys back in November after the election, there would be no impeachment by the Democrats.

The TDS afflicted were salivating like Pavlov's dogs it was going to happen.

Old Today, 02:36 PM

5,686 posts, read 1,167,267 times
Until we see the Special Counsel official report from Bob Mueller, EVERYTHING said about what Trump did or didn't do is simply opinion, not fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or