U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM

48,173 posts, read 25,428,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We don't need their oil. We want to dictate to them who they sell it to.
Thatís too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:38 AM

5,593 posts, read 2,485,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post

Having said this, I don't support the opposition, which will just be a US puppet like you said. Many countries have recognized the opposition leader as the president of Venezuela. I think I know where this is going; this has happened before in Nicaragua in the 80's. Another civil war funded by the US.

I don't understand why some people have to support a criminal system, just because the alternative is an imperialist brutal system. Both systems are corrupt and undemocratic. There is no need to support neither side.
I cant think of one single regime change we have done that has worked out in our favor and not come back to bite us.

I think we should just mind our own business and let the chips fall where they may.
It is a system that will fail on its own accord, if we meddle, we will be blamed for their system failing.

Anything bad that continues to happen in that country, and it will, will be blamed on us.

We need to stay away. Mind our own business.

Old Today, 08:34 AM

24,509 posts, read 18,069,090 times
Quote:
China also called on the U.S. to stay out of Venezuela's political crisis and said it opposes all outside intervention there. Over the last decade, China has given Venezuela $65 billion in loans, cash and investment.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/r...ezuela-n962091
seems like a poor bet for investing.

Old Today, 09:20 AM

144 posts, read 55,841 times
Cheeto minions won't be sending their sons and daughters to stand behind this position.

Old Today, 09:22 AM

3,984 posts, read 4,388,108 times
When Democrats and Republicans agree on something you can be sure it's something evil. This is no exception. The neocons run both parties.

Old Today, 12:01 PM

48,173 posts, read 25,428,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
seems like a poor bet for investing.
Chinaís strategy works a helluva lot better than ours.

China exports tangible goods and services...the United exports guns and CIA coup attempts.

If you think our investments have paid off, youíre nuts. If they had, we wouldnít be in so many conflicts right now.

Old Today, 12:26 PM

1,272 posts, read 239,768 times
The US doesn't recognized Maduro for illegitimate elections, but the elections the president of Honduras stole recently is O.K., right? Of course, the US was the first to congratulate that criminal.

Also, there are many countries who recognize Maduro as the legitimate president: Mexico, Bolivia, China, Russia, etc.. How the U.S. is going to react when the 72 hours expire is going to be interesting. One thing is for sure, they'll probably need to ramp up the lies even more to excuse a full scale invasion for regime change or fund a civil war.

Here is the propaganda and lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-dChioo8-U

Old Today, 12:59 PM

1,272 posts, read 239,768 times
Why can't the US just sell the idea that it is the world power and its imperialistic ambitions are not to be contested? The US clearly backs up and supports ruthless monarchies and dictatorships around the world. So long as those countries are friendly to US interest human rights and democracy doesn't matter. This is clear from Saudi Arabia, Honduras, African countries, etc. (the list here is long). I really don't see the need for lying so blatantly about democracy, most people will support the US anyways, just be honest.

Old Today, 01:20 PM

9,062 posts, read 6,146,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I cant think of one single regime change we have done that has worked out in our favor and not come back to bite us.

I think we should just mind our own business and let the chips fall where they may.
It is a system that will fail on its own accord, if we meddle, we will be blamed for their system failing.

Anything bad that continues to happen in that country, and it will, will be blamed on us.

We need to stay away. Mind our own business.
Exactly. Actually, the USA backing a certain politician in another country can actually hurt that politician's perceived public legitimacy if they're seen as a Yankee puppet who won't stand up for that country's people.

It's better for the USA to stay out of it and let the Venezuelans sort it out - and when they're ready, they'll be in a better position to work and engage with us.

Old Today, 01:32 PM

1,479 posts, read 239,122 times
The US and president Trump have no right or domain over Venezuela, Maduro, etc. They can go pound sand, but if they invade, the rest of the World should put sanctions on the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies