Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 04:08 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

So I haven't mentioned this since it's been swirling around for a little while... I have not seen a peep about this.

Sheila Jackson Lee Leaves 2 Posts After Aide Says She Was Fired for Reporting Sexual Assault

Representative Sheila Jackson Lee, facing fallout from a lawsuit claiming she fired an aide who said she was sexually assaulted by a supervisor at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, said on Wednesday she had decided to resign as the foundation’s chairwoman.

Ms. Jackson Lee made the decision to step aside from both roles as pressure was growing within her own party to account for the claims in a Jan. 11 lawsuit brought by a woman who worked in her congressional office and who said she was sexually assaulted by a Black Caucus Foundation supervisor. Ms. Jackson Lee has adamantly denied that she fired the woman for retribution after the woman indicated she wanted to pursue legal action, but she planned to say Wednesday that she would step aside nonetheless.

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s board had given Ms. Jackson Lee an ultimatum late last week after the claims became public: step down as chairwoman or face a vote of removal as soon as this week, according to an official familiar with the conversations who was not authorized to discuss them.

They can't have the appearance of appeasing this.

Jackson-Lee has been a lead sponsor of the Violence Against Women Act.

Any peep of the on the propaganda media outlets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 04:11 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So I haven't mentioned this, but have not seen a peep about this.

Sheila Jackson Lee Leaves 2 Posts After Aide Says She Was Fired for Reporting Sexual Assault

Representative Sheila Jackson Lee, facing fallout from a lawsuit claiming she fired an aide who said she was sexually assaulted by a supervisor at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, said on Wednesday she had decided to resign as the foundation’s chairwoman.

Ms. Jackson Lee made the decision to step aside from both roles as pressure was growing within her own party to account for the claims in a Jan. 11 lawsuit brought by a woman who worked in her congressional office and who said she was sexually assaulted by a Black Caucus Foundation supervisor. Ms. Jackson Lee has adamantly denied that she fired the woman for retribution after the woman indicated she wanted to pursue legal action, but she planned to say Wednesday that she would step aside nonetheless.

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s board had given Ms. Jackson Lee an ultimatum late last week after the claims became public: step down as chairwoman or face a vote of removal as soon as this week, according to an official familiar with the conversations who was not authorized to discuss them.

You haven’t heard one peep about a lengthy and detailed article published prominently in the New York Times? Would it placate you if the New York Times reported it? Oh wait...

Old 01-23-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You haven’t heard one peep about a lengthy and detailed article published prominently in the New York Times? Would it placate you if the New York Times reported it? Oh wait...
I heard about it locally since her district is in the area. I searched for it and found it on Breitbart... but in order to spoon feed liberals on here since they tend to choke on certain information, I used the Breitbart link to the NYT piece. That's how I got there.

The local station reported on this about a week or two before the CBC forced her to remove herself from certain leadership positions... that's what I was referring to about not hearing a peep about this.

Breitbart: Sheila Jackson Lee Resigns from Key Posts After Being Sued for Retaliation Against Staffer

Old 01-23-2019, 05:13 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Isn't this the same Democrat who used her position to get someone kicked out of First Class so that she could have the seat instead? Then called it racism when she was called out about it?

This while flying on the taxpayer dime.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:26 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
What a disgusting monster.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:35 AM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
What's the big deal? We all know that Dems tolerate rape as long as it is one of their own doing it. We have known that since every one of them down to Gloria Steinem suppported Bill Clinton.

Remember Peter Fonda saying that he wished Baron Trump would be raped? Or Little Bowow saying that he was going to rape Melania?

Harvey Weinstein?

Dems are the party of big rape. Have been for 25 years now.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:42 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
What's the big deal? We all know that Dems tolerate rape as long as it is one of their own doing it. We have known that since every one of them down to Gloria Steinem suppported Bill Clinton.

Remember Peter Fonda saying that he wished Baron Trump would be raped? Or Little Bowow saying that he was going to rape Melania?

Harvey Weinstein?

Dems are the party of big rape. Have been for 25 years now.
I have to admit that one made me chuckle even though it's wrong

Old 01-24-2019, 01:43 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So I haven't mentioned this since it's been swirling around for a little while... I have not seen a peep about this.

So the NYT is not a "...propaganda media outlet(s)"?

Glad to see you acknowledge that.

Jackson-Lee has never been my favorite D. If the Congressional Black Caucus thinks she needs to go, that's fine by me.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:19 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches .....Remember Peter Fonda saying that he wished Baron Trump would be raped?.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I have to admit that one made me chuckle even though it's wrong
What's so funny about raping an innocent child?

I just don't get Progressive humor.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So the NYT is not a "...propaganda media outlet(s)"?

Glad to see you acknowledge that.

Jackson-Lee has never been my favorite D. If the Congressional Black Caucus thinks she needs to go, that's fine by me.
Regarding the NYT... I clarified in post #3.

And look - as much as the NYT, CNN, etc are propaganda outlets, their internet operations will put out real stories (from a liberal perspective), but they are not highlighted as the propaganda is. I have stated this before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies