Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 10:56 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Welcome to the 21st century, where you can authentic Indian food somewhere in the middle of flyover country. Even Louisiana food (Creole) you can buy quality in any large US city. And it's not very unique, Jambalaya tastes a lot like Jollof rice (eaten from Ghana to Nigeria). Since you're big on Black Pride, you should know that a lot of Louisiana food is similar to West African.
No, I’m not big on black pride. I don’t believe in racial pride at all. Race pride is lame. Always has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 10:58 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My so called “racist comments” (facts that anger you) have never expressed anything close to racial pride. I simply demand that we all stay in our lanes.
Pro-segregation. Got it. The KKK feels the same way.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:02 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
to me, it is fine if Confederate Flags and MAGA attire are not acceptable in PUBLIC schools.
of course, there is the "other side" with their political pronouncements on clothing.
both, in my opinion, should be treated the same way.
How about an "Obama sucks" T-Shirt?
You ok with that one?

It's a slippery slope - I actually think the school was right to ban the Confederate stuff, but MAGA hats clearly ought to be allowed under free speech.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
KKK and segregation have nothing to do with it, but I don’t mind if you believe that. Shrug.

When I say “stay in our lanes,” I mean that as a non black, don’t get the idea that you’re gonna tell us what to do or who to vote for. And don’t think that we’re under any obligation to listen to your advice about anything dealing with intra community affairs. You don’t boss around the Natives, Asians or the Latins so don’t try it with us. Boss around your own people.

Finito.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
My so called “racist comments” (facts that anger you) have never expressed anything close to racial pride. I simply demand that we all stay in our lanes.
Based on race The south is racist for doing that but you're not. lol Only black people matter because they are somehow different than the rest of us and what works for everyone else wont work for blacks. lol
And make no mistake about it, YOU don't get to speak for blacks or anyone but yourself. Period.

Plus you haven't presented any facts, much less facts that anger me. Your facts are if whitey does it, it's bad but if a black person does it, no biggie.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:20 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its highly inappropriate to wear any clothing that has the American flag on it too.

Surprisingly many people are not aware of this, I got called out wearing a Ralph Lauren t shirt years ago, that had an American flag on it, a couple people informed me it was inappropriate, and I looked it up, sure enough, they were right, I stopped wearing the shirt after that.
That wasn't the point, I was talking about disrupting attire. I am fully aware of flag etiquette and also fully aware that nearly no one in the US follows it.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:24 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,298,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
It's a southern state. I don't care what those little racists do.
Well that is a pretty bigoted statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
to me, it is fine if Confederate Flags and MAGA attire are not acceptable in PUBLIC schools. of course, there is the "other side" with their political pronouncements on clothing.
both, in my opinion, should be treated the same way.
But it isn't that way. The other side wears Che Guevara, Mao, Castro, Lenin, literally some of the greatest mass murders of all time, plus the shirts of Marx, Malcolm X, Mumia Abu-Jamal, etc and it is considered okey dokey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Disrupting attire doesn't belong in school. That goes for flags other than the US flag, Che Guevera shirts, BLM, etc.
Actually students have been suspended for wearing the American flag on their shirts.
Quote:
Where did I ever claim to be a proponent of black pride? That’s NEVER come out of my mouth even once so what are you talking about?
It is literally all you ever talk about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
How do you propose that the problem of slavery should have been resolved? No deflecting, please, and nothing about the fact that racism existed (and continues to exist) in the north, as well. A simple answer to the question will suffice.
Slavery would have collapsed on its own for economic and moral reasons. Racism exists in every corner of the globe and in every race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Here's the reality-- any kid in a southern school that chooses to wear a confederate flag symbol to school knows exactly what they are doing. They are most purposefully being defiant. That is not acceptable.
What someone else THINKS is acceptable and not acceptable is the exact reason we have a 1st Amendment. Students who wear Che Guevara, Mao, Castro, Lenin, Marx, Malcolm X, Mumia Abu-Jamal, Black Lives Matter, Hands Up Don't Shoot, etc know exactly what they are doing too. The key is to teach tolerance for others views. Tolerance isn't the same as agreement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Many people see the Confederate flag as racist. I don't know if you can objectively say it is racist by itself by it can be racist depending how you present it or what group is using it.
Many people see the United States flag as racist. Should students be suspended for wearing clothing with U.S. flags on them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
We have black college dorms (no whites welcome), black college graduations, all black universities and there are people who think that is dandy.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:02 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
KKK and segregation have nothing to do with it, but I don’t mind if you believe that. Shrug.

When I say “stay in our lanes,” I mean that as a non black, don’t get the idea that you’re gonna tell us what to do or who to vote for. And don’t think that we’re under any obligation to listen to your advice about anything dealing with intra community affairs. You don’t boss around the Natives, Asians or the Latins so don’t try it with us. Boss around your own people.

Finito.
Where are you living that people are telling you what to do? Where are you living that people are telling you who to vote for? Where are you living that people are telling you to do anything. What a chip you have on your shoulder.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:07 PM

230 posts, read 94,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yawn.

If it's not a MAGA hat, it's the other ever reliable symbol lovingly used by narcissists to provoke and bait people. This student knew what he was doing, so utterly predictable, these social media fools. Just as predictable will be those eagerly defending these narcissists.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high...163155603.html
Leftist totalitarians creating young American loving conservatives a handful at a time! That adds up when it happens every single day.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:07 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,802 times
who cares. if this triggers you go cry to your mother
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies