Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 07:05 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times

Advertisements

So, picture this statement paraphrased for Trump:

“Nicolás Maduro is a dictator with no legitimate claim to power,” Mr. Pence said. “He’s never won the presidency in a free and fair election, and he’s maintained his grip on power by imprisoning anyone who dares to oppose him.”

It's what Pence said. A poor choice of words. I wonder if he realized it's how many people regard Trump. Of course, Trump, too, wants to imprison people who dares to oppose him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 07:08 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

“Nicolás Maduro is a dictator with no legitimate claim to power,” Mr. Pence said. “He’s never won the presidency in a free and fair election, and he’s maintained his grip on power by imprisoning anyone who dares to oppose him.”

It's what Pence said. A poor choice of words. I wonder if he realized it's how many people regard Trump. Of course, Trump, too, wants to imprison people who dares to oppose him.

Complete hyperbole.

Would you like a wet nap after spewing that pablum?

Old 01-24-2019, 01:43 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:

That's pretty funny. Similarly, the Donald will make references to others that can also apply to him.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:57 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:

We had a free and fair election, as outlined in our constitution. I didn’t like the results either but that doesn’t make it unfair. And, while you may or may not be right that Trump wants to imprison people who oppose him, he can’t actually do it like Maduro has in fact done. This is not a case of a poor choice of words, it’s a bias ridden exercise in false equivalency on the part of those who are interpreting the words.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:23 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:

It sounds cool to be a part of that group who thinks trump is a dictator with no legitimate claim to power. If it is true, the country was not initially a victim to the outcome of the 2016 presidential election and the actions since then. It was a victim of the process that allowed would-be dictators to reach there. Going after trump is too late in the game for those who are suddenly outraged.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:18 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
We had a free and fair election, as outlined in our constitution. I didn’t like the results either but that doesn’t make it unfair. And, while you may or may not be right that Trump wants to imprison people who oppose him, he can’t actually do it like Maduro has in fact done. This is not a case of a poor choice of words, it’s a bias ridden exercise in false equivalency on the part of those who are interpreting the words.
This.

The EC was the measure, not popular vote. You can get 100% of the CA vote and still only get the CA electors. I hated the results when the primaries were over. Two of the bottom .1% of humans were nominated.

The Dems blew a gimme twice. Once when they nominated one of the worst, most arrogant person on this earth with a solid core of haters, and twice when she effectively ignored a number of light blue states.

The GOPpers on this board must be quietly giggling with glee as SJW freak after SJW freak enters the Dem primaries with the message white people bad and ignores Joe Sixpack, possibly putting them forever into the GOP column. Then there is the Linda Sarasaur bloc, the Lets see how many letters we can add to LGBTIOUICURMTYABBADABBBADOO bloc, Lets protest stupid poop on campus bloc... I know they giggle every time some hard left group/person is knocked off by a harder lefter group, eating their own. (See the womens march players)

Hint: Joe sixpack is not permanently lost yet. Sherrod Brown (D) won solidly in what was in Ohio a red wave. He courted, and won, Joe Sixpack. Note Sherrod never left Joe Sixpack.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:30 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

I'm not so sure we did have a free and fair election. We will never know the extent or impact of the Russian involvement, nor will we ever know how much damage the misinformation and negative propaganda aimed at Hillary had on a lot of people's final decision. Someone did a very good job of planting negative ideas about Hillary into a lot of people's minds...…...most of them with no basis in reality.

The Russians are, without a doubt, the very best in the world at internet warfare, they have taken it to an artform. They have their little helpers out all over the place, stirring the pot and moving opinions to fit their agendas. Look on here, for example, I think a lot of us have our suspicions as to which "members" of CD might be simply plants. When you see certain people, posting thread after thread after thread, per day, all of them whose content is pure nonsense and lacking in substance, the flags kinda go up. They are either on commission, or they have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:41 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:

It's how millions regarded the illegitimate Barry with good reason. What's your point?

Dementia is just one symptom of TDS. Trump won legal votes. Get over it.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:47 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:

Except that the election Trump won WAS fair and free and he has a legitimate claim to power.

Who do you people think you're kidding with this crap? Let's take a step back here and look at Hillary Clinton, who, to this day, still thinks she's the winner even though she did not win the election according to the rules we have had in place since the inception of the country.

This is a failed thread, and now I have a headache from it's ridiculousness.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:16 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
But, but, but Russians!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies