U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2019, 08:43 AM
 
19,842 posts, read 9,447,862 times
Reputation: 4166

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Gathering information ....

yep, then sharing that in formation in collusion with foreign agents and and lying about that connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2019, 08:43 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
55,876 posts, read 39,407,437 times
Reputation: 27970
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have noticed in many threads on this forum(especially the latest one dealing with Atty Cohen) that people are making strong accusations against the President, and in other threads, other people, without some viable proof to back up your accusation.
I think you all need to back up your statements with proof of what you state.
Otherwise, it is nothing more than flapping one's gums.
Your viable proof that the events your are using to accuse someone of,should be posted in the same post as the accusation.
This is the best way to know your post is credible, instead of something to just waste bandwidth.

Many of the links posted in different threads are nothing more than fake news, so it would behoove you to seek out credible sources of an incident before posting some sort of accusation.

I remember my first day of college(wow, that was many,many years ago)
The professor, in his orientation to us stated something that has stayed with me my entire life.
Just one simple sentence, only five words, but it encompassed each and everything I would say for all the years to come.
Those five words were, "Know where of you speak".
In other words, when you say something, be prepared to back up what you are saying, with viable proof.


WHY is it you don't demand the same from Trump who says things like 'North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat' which is demonstrably BS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 08:54 AM
 
19,842 posts, read 9,447,862 times
Reputation: 4166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
My definition of proof would be a video of the accused stating what people are accusing him/her of doing.

i'm a big proponent on this forum of the basic concept of if you make a claim be able to provide evidence to support that claim.


that being said your standard of proof is ridiculous. you're saying that you'll reject as proof audo recordings, emails, texts, direct corresponding eye-witness testimony and independent documentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Haiku
3,356 posts, read 2,298,359 times
Reputation: 5045
Fact: The Russians interfered in the 2016 election.
Evidence: Mueller has indicted 13 Russians, the CIA and the FBI have both publicly stated that they have evidence of Russian hacking and other interference, Facebook, Twitter and others have announced that Russians have been using their platforms for political purposes and posting fake news and postings.

Fact: There has been illegal activities going on in the Trump campaign and administration
Evidence: Mueller has indicted 6 members of Trump's campaign staff and administration.

Fact: Trump has at a minimum encouraged the Russians, possibly colluded with them.
Evidence: On national TV, Trump asked the Russians to break into the Democratic email server, and they did. Trump met with Putin, alone, in Helsinki and has refused to tell anyone including his own administration, what was said. That is well documented. It is well documented that members of Trump's team met with Russians during the campaign. We don't know if there is a criminal conspiracy, between what the Russians did in 2016 and promises made by Trump to them, but there is enough questionable things to warrant a look, which is what Mueller is doing.

Fact: Trump has obstructed justice.
Evidence: Trump fired Comey and then told the Russians he did it because Comey would not drop the Russian investigation. This is well documented. Trump wrote a letter about the Trump Tower meeting which was found to be intentionally false. This is well documented by several newspapers, by Wikipedia, and by Trump himself in statements he made.

Fact: Trump paid off two bimbos, lied about it, and violated campaign finance laws doing so.
Evidence: Giuliani admitted that payoffs were made. Cohen testified it happened. There is a paper trail.

Fact: Trump committed treason.
Evidence: He told the Russians, on TV, in Helsinki that he cannot trust the FBI and the CIA and that he believes the Russians more than his own administration. That is giving aid and comfort to the enemy, which is treason.

Fact: Trump is unethical and steals from charities
Evidence: The NY state attorney general ordered the Trump charity to shut down because it was being used as the Trump family slush fund and not as a charity at all.

Fact: Trump lies, repeatedly.
Evidence: Tons of it. Many news papers fact check him. His own administration has contradicted what he says.

Fact: Trump is basically clueless as a president. All he does is watch TV and cannot pay attention in meetings.
Evidence: Three books have said so, Tillerson, his former Sec. of State said so, Kelly is saying so now, and Mattis quit over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Texas
33,721 posts, read 18,342,212 times
Reputation: 19450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have noticed in many threads on this forum(especially the latest one dealing with Atty Cohen) that people are making strong accusations against the President, and in other threads, other people, without some viable proof to back up your accusation.
I think you all need to back up your statements with proof of what you state.
Otherwise, it is nothing more than flapping one's gums.
Your viable proof that the events your are using to accuse someone of,should be posted in the same post as the accusation.
This is the best way to know your post is credible, instead of something to just waste bandwidth.

Many of the links posted in different threads are nothing more than fake news, so it would behoove you to seek out credible sources of an incident before posting some sort of accusation.

I remember my first day of college(wow, that was many,many years ago)
The professor, in his orientation to us stated something that has stayed with me my entire life.
Just one simple sentence, only five words, but it encompassed each and everything I would say for all the years to come.
Those five words were, "Know where of you speak".
In other words, when you say something, be prepared to back up what you are saying, with viable proof.

I'll just let the legal process run its course.

You should, too.

And we both know it'll end badly for tRump.

But it'll continue to be very entertaining.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 11:29 AM
 
126 posts, read 24,379 times
Reputation: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
My definition of proof would be a video of the accused stating what people are accusing him/her of doing.
Other than that, it is unsubstantiated dribble out of the accusers.
As evidence of my views, you can take your pick of just about every thread in this political forum.
Accusations fly in all directions without substantial proof.

Bob.
That is quite a standard. Every defendant would love to have you on his jury! "Just because he was found standing over the victim holding a knife and her dying words were 'he stabbed me' doesn't mean he did it. Where's the video of him stating what people are accusing him of?"

Anyhoo, I have a few questions of my own.

Why did Trump meet with Putin alone? He has never met with any other world leader alone. Why did he not brief any of his cabinet members on what was said in that meeting? I'm not questioning whether he should or could meet with Putin alone, I'm asking - what is the reasonable explanation for a private meeting with Putin, and for refusing to reveal what was discussed in that meeting with any of his cabinet members?

Why is Trump hell bent on lifting the economic sanctions placed on Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska? Members of Trump's own cabinet and party oppose this move. The only person who benefits from lifting these sanctions is Derpaska, a buddy of Putin's. Why did Trump insist on doing it?

Why did Trump recently praise the 1979 Russian invasion of Afghanistan, an action that Republicans have been denouncing since it occurred and that Mikhail Gorbachev himself officially condemned in 1989? By astonishing coincidence, Putin is passing legislation to repudiate Gorbachev's condemnation as historically inaccurate.

Why, in 2016, did Trump direct national security aides to investigate alleged Polish aggression against Belarus, when no evidence of such actions existed? Coincidentally, Putin has repeatedly expressed a desire to invade Belarus.

Why, in 2017 did Trump attack new NATO member Montenegro? He said the tiny country was notoriously aggressive. Oh and the Prime Minister of Montenegro was the guy Trump famously shoved on video at the NATO summit. Coincidentally, Russian intelligence officers plotted an assassination attempt against that very same prime minister the year before, because Putin did not want them in NATO.

I don't know what Trump did or didn't do. I just find it very odd that so many of the things he says and does align with Putin's goals and benefit his friends and his agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 12:21 PM
 
6,289 posts, read 1,927,115 times
Reputation: 4859
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Fact: The Russians interfered in the 2016 election.
Evidence: Mueller has indicted 13 Russians, the CIA and the FBI have both publicly stated that they have evidence of Russian hacking and other interference, Facebook, Twitter and others have announced that Russians have been using their platforms for political purposes and posting fake news and postings.
Not a fact. The Facebook stuff was not election interference. It's a lie. Cite your source if you dare.

Quote:
Fact: Trump has at a minimum encouraged the Russians, possibly colluded with them.
Evidence: On national TV, Trump asked the Russians to break into the Democratic email server, and they did.
That's also a lie, easily refuted by reference to the video.

And just about everything else you stated is an insane lie as well.

Your side has nothing except the megaphone to shout its crazy lies to the populace while drowning out the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Haiku
3,356 posts, read 2,298,359 times
Reputation: 5045
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Not a fact. The Facebook stuff is made up. It's a lie. Cite your source if you dare.

That's also a lie, easily refuted by reference to the video.
From Fox: Russian bots sow social upheaval across US using Facebook, Twitter, experts say
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/russian...er-experts-say

Quote:

And just about everything else you stated is an insane lie as well.

Your side has nothing except the megaphone to shout its crazy lies to the populace while drowning out the truth.
Video of Trump asking Russia to hack email server:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mails-dnc-hack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
5,107 posts, read 7,151,244 times
Reputation: 6730
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I see. So, the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution can be doubted, according to your reasoning. After all, they were printed, and nobody took a video of the Founding Fathers writing it.
I am referring to print in the media.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
5,107 posts, read 7,151,244 times
Reputation: 6730
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Of course. This is a place to exchange ideas, not a court of law. If someone backs up their claims all the better, but telling them to be quiet otherwise is silencing them.

Besides, you only mentioned those critical of Trump and his friends, are conservatives not to be held to the same standard? Why is hypocrisy allowed in that instance?
I think it would be a great idea for you to go back and read my original post.
The word"OTHER(S) does in fact mean people other than democrats and republicans.
It means ALL people.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top