U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 08:06 PM

5,108 posts, read 7,151,244 times

Advertisements

I have noticed in many threads on this forum(especially the latest one dealing with Atty Cohen) that people are making strong accusations against the President, and in other threads, other people, without some viable proof to back up your accusation.
I think you all need to back up your statements with proof of what you state.
Otherwise, it is nothing more than flapping one's gums.
Your viable proof that the events your are using to accuse someone of,should be posted in the same post as the accusation.
This is the best way to know your post is credible, instead of something to just waste bandwidth.

Many of the links posted in different threads are nothing more than fake news, so it would behoove you to seek out credible sources of an incident before posting some sort of accusation.

I remember my first day of college(wow, that was many,many years ago)
The professor, in his orientation to us stated something that has stayed with me my entire life.
Just one simple sentence, only five words, but it encompassed each and everything I would say for all the years to come.
Those five words were, "Know where of you speak".
In other words, when you say something, be prepared to back up what you are saying, with viable proof.

Last edited by CALGUY; 01-23-2019 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 08:08 PM

16,269 posts, read 13,556,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have noticed in many threads on this forum(especially the latest one dealing with Atty Cohen) that people are making strong accusations against the President, and in other threads, other people, without some viable proof to back up your accusation.
Your viable proof that the events your are using to accuse someone of,should be posted in the same post as the accusation.
This is the best way to know your post is credible, instead of something to just waste bandwidth.

Bob.
You do realize this is an internet forum right?

Old 01-23-2019, 08:08 PM

17,504 posts, read 9,048,403 times
No need for evidence. Trump got to go.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:11 PM

25,087 posts, read 16,590,632 times
Quote:

Many of the links posted in different threads are nothing more than fake news, so it would behoove you to seek out credible sources of an incident before posting some sort of accusation.

Bob.
Be specific. Trump has done a lot of down and dirty crap that can be easily backed up by fact checkable documentation. Go ahead...let's bang 'em out.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:13 PM

19,842 posts, read 9,447,862 times
Quote:
I have noticed in many threads on this forum(especially the latest one dealing with Atty Cohen)......

which claim about cohen specifically?

Old 01-23-2019, 08:16 PM

24,581 posts, read 14,347,236 times
They’ve been making these wild accusations since even before the election . Every single day .
They just don’t like him because he’s the only President to expose them and to expose the media .

This is why they are so desperate to get him impeached .

Old 01-23-2019, 08:24 PM

5,622 posts, read 1,614,136 times
Odd that you're not also saying this about posts against Democrats.

I try and include links to many of posts, but your use of the term "fake news" makes me wonder if you're someone who considers all reputable newspapers and experts to be "fake."

Old 01-23-2019, 08:25 PM

31,963 posts, read 17,613,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Be specific. Trump has done a lot of down and dirty crap that can be easily backed up by fact checkable documentation. Go ahead...let's bang 'em out.

Collusion....

Old 01-23-2019, 08:30 PM

2,835 posts, read 2,127,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You do realize this is an internet forum right?
Thank you!! Whether there's proof or not we're going to be "flapping our gums" more like tapping our thumbs regardless.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:32 PM

2,835 posts, read 2,127,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No need for evidence. Trump got to go.
Lol as long as that is apparent in the first 15 mins who cares about the rest?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies