U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 PM
 
15,299 posts, read 5,370,398 times
Reputation: 11407

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Trump claimed the shutdown but Pelosi and Schumer(sp?) should own the not trying to end it
Pelosi has passed several bills to end it. Why don't you blame McConnell for not bringing them to a vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:31 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
12,360 posts, read 7,877,302 times
Reputation: 18113
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump closed government. This is all on him because his ego wants the wall built no matter how much itís hurting our country.
So does his base - 60+ million people. But you're right - it's on him. Still, that doesn't matter; you were never going to vote for him anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:33 PM
 
Location: SoCal
2,858 posts, read 2,137,146 times
Reputation: 2229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Trump claimed the shutdown but Pelosi and Schumer(sp?) should own the not trying to end it
If you going to start something you better be ready finish. We all learned that in 1st grade maybe they don't teach that at schools for rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:36 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,256 posts, read 5,542,058 times
Reputation: 3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump closed government. This is all on him because his ego wants the wall built no matter how much it’s hurting our country.

I disagree. I think his demands are reasonable backed by facts. I think Pelosi and Schumer are appealing to the lowest common denominator of their base at the expense of everyone's safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:42 PM
 
20,291 posts, read 8,377,780 times
Reputation: 6853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
So does his base - 60+ million people. But you're right - it's on him. Still, that doesn't matter; you were never going to vote for him anyway.
This isnít about how people voted. Itís about a president throwing a tantrum when he doesnít get his way. Closing government for this long has trickle down effects. It affects our economy. But the middle class are the ones hurting because of this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:44 PM
 
6,959 posts, read 2,275,296 times
Reputation: 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I disagree. I think his demands are reasonable backed by facts. I think Pelosi and Schumer are appealing to the lowest common denominator of their base at the expense of everyone's safety.
Dems and Reps passed a bill before the shutdown. Trump was going to sign it, but walked away. It's on him.

The majority of Americans disagree with Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:48 PM
 
Location: SoCal
2,858 posts, read 2,137,146 times
Reputation: 2229
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I disagree. I think his demands are reasonable backed by facts. I think Pelosi and Schumer are appealing to the lowest common denominator of their base at the expense of everyone's safety.
You can't really think this 5.7 billion is all it takes to make this country safe. That's the budget of the LA school district for one year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:49 PM
 
20,291 posts, read 8,377,780 times
Reputation: 6853
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I disagree. I think his demands are reasonable backed by facts. I think Pelosi and Schumer are appealing to the lowest common denominator of their base at the expense of everyone's safety.
What facts. And our citizens commit more crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:53 PM
 
552 posts, read 94,312 times
Reputation: 445
Democrats care about "winning." They don't care about the victims of violent crime, those who overdose on heroin, or the victims of human trafficking or child sex crimes. This thread is just more proof of that.

If Trump does "cave," then let's see what the Democrats do about the border. We all know it will be this: nothing. They want open borders and their supporters do too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2019, 10:57 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
13,460 posts, read 10,540,012 times
Reputation: 12165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
So does his base - 60+ million people. But you're right - it's on him. Still, that doesn't matter; you were never going to vote for him anyway.
His base is not enough.

You have to pass it through the House and Senate. You can't do it, so go suck an egg. That's the way this representative democracy works. Trump and his "base" don't get to dictate anything, and hostage taking isn't going to work either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top