U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 10:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 3,156,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump is going to build The Wall.
That's what he ran on and that's what he is going to do. I think he will declare a national emergency and get it done.
Polls don't count.
This is the problem.

Those who back Trump think he has the power to build the wall, just because he ran on that promise.

He doesn't have the power to do it, he doesn't have the backing and the votes.

Sorry, those who voted for him and thought that would happen.

It's not going to.

If he declares a national emergency - in this absence of an actual national emergency - this will be tied up in the courts until we are all dead and buried.

NO. No on the wall, Trump. The majority doesn't want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 11:03 PM

13,474 posts, read 10,543,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is the problem.

Those who back Trump think he has the power to build the wall, just because he ran on that promise.

He doesn't have the power to do it, he doesn't have the backing and the votes.

Sorry, those who voted for him and thought that would happen.

It's not going to.

If he declares a national emergency - in this absence of an actual national emergency - this will be tied up in the courts until we are all dead and buried.

NO. No on the wall, Trump. The majority doesn't want it.
Exactly. Trumpers want to act like dictators rather than pass bills through Congress and live with the support (or lack thereof) they can gather through those channels for their initiatives.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:03 PM

5,256 posts, read 5,543,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What facts. And our citizens commit more crime.
Facts provided to nancy and CHuck by Border Patrol and the Secretary of Homeland Security. In a meeting they provided her with facts, Nancy clearly said "Well I reject your facts, we don't need no stinkin wall." Great work there Nancy

Old 01-23-2019, 11:08 PM

20,294 posts, read 8,381,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Facts provided to nancy and CHuck by Border Patrol and the Secretary of Homeland Security. In a meeting they provided her with facts, Nancy clearly said "Well I reject your facts, we don't need no stinkin wall." Great work there Nancy
So where are these facts. Can you give a link. And please give a link to where Pelosi said that cause that doesn’t sound like something she would say. Ok. Thanks

Old 01-23-2019, 11:08 PM

17,431 posts, read 6,603,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Exactly. Trumpers want to act like dictators rather than pass bills through Congress and live with the support (or lack thereof) they can gather through those channels for their initiatives.

Nonsense.

I respect the rights of ALL 3 branches, House to vote as they wish. Senate to vote as they wish. POTUS to veto or sign as he wishes.

Happy 34th Shutdown Day.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:13 PM

28,883 posts, read 12,252,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump is going to build The Wall.
That's what he ran on and that's what he is going to do. I think he will declare a national emergency and get it done.
Polls don't count.
There is no data to support the claim that there is an emergency on our southern border. You can't create an emergency just because the toddler is having a tantrum

Old 01-23-2019, 11:16 PM

5,256 posts, read 5,543,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So where are these facts. Can you give a link. And please give a link to where Pelosi said that cause that doesn’t sound like something she would say. Ok. Thanks

Wall Street Journal January 4, 2019-Mid page

"Mrs. Pelosi described their meeting as “lengthy and sometimes contentious.” In one tense exchange during the meeting, Ms. Pelosi interrupted Ms. Nielsen, who was reciting statistics related to the border, according to a White House official. “I reject your facts,” Ms. Pelosi said. “These aren’t my facts,” Ms. Nielsen claimed. “These are the facts.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/schumer...mp-11546627419

My pleasure and you're welcome!

Old 01-23-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Nonsense.

I respect the rights of ALL 3 branches, House to vote as they wish. Senate to vote as they wish. POTUS to veto or sign as he wishes.

Happy 34th Shutdown Day.
Not happy to those suffering. The middle class are the backbone of our country. But hey, let’s furlough them or have them work without pay. It doesn’t affect you so of course you wouldn’t care

Old 01-23-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:

"Mrs. Pelosi described their meeting as “lengthy and sometimes contentious.” In one tense exchange during the meeting, Ms. Pelosi interrupted Ms. Nielsen, who was reciting statistics related to the border, according to a White House official. “I reject your facts,” Ms. Pelosi said. “These aren’t my facts,” Ms. Nielsen claimed. “These are the facts.”

Your welcome!
Sorry I can’t read it unless I subscribe

Old 01-23-2019, 11:21 PM

11,534 posts, read 14,997,362 times
Quote:

My pleasure and you're welcome!
The data Nielsen provided contradicted data that was presented previously by CBP officials.

Therein lies the rub....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or