U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 02:05 AM

5,256 posts, read 5,542,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

um yup

"Border Patrol union president speaks up in support of Trump’s border wall"

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-w...-patrol-union/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 02:10 AM

5,391 posts, read 1,456,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
It looks like it's in the best interest of Trump to cave. 60% of Americans now blame him, 36% blame republicans, and only 31% blame democrats. It looks like Nancy knows what she's doing, and the American people support her. https://www.thedailybeast.com/polls-...uring-shutdown
The 2016 election should've taught liberals not to trust polls

Old 01-24-2019, 02:15 AM

25,121 posts, read 16,602,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The 2016 election should've taught liberals not to trust polls
It sure as hell taught us to be aware of interference from foreign adversaries who place their puppets in The White House.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:32 AM

72 posts, read 55,011 times

Old 01-24-2019, 03:40 AM

9,585 posts, read 10,287,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Looks like they're depending on the same polls that told them that they were a shoe in for the Presidential election, and we saw how that played out. Either way, i've noticed that polls are an industry that seem to create public opinion rather than reflect it.

Any how, I don't think Trump did any favors for himself by publicly accepting blame for the inevitability of the shut down, I'm sure that factors into a lot of this.
I can't wait to see if Trump can win those same 3 states by 100 k votes again. If he can't, Maga snowflakes everywhere will be in mourning

Old 01-24-2019, 04:00 AM

1,656 posts, read 259,203 times
Trump should ignore the polls. In the end, it only counts who wins. If he backs down, he's toast in 2020. No matter what polls say now. If he doesn't back down and gets this funding for the wall, he goes into 2020 with nice looking odds.

The polls here are irrelevant, and mostly aimed at putting pressure on Trump by the establishment press.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:09 AM
Status: "Putin via Trump is slowly destroying the USA" (set 11 days ago)

2,372 posts, read 893,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Trump should ignore the polls. In the end, it only counts who wins. If he backs down, he's toast in 2020. No matter what polls say now. If he doesn't back down and gets this funding for the wall, he goes into 2020 with nice looking odds.

The polls here are irrelevant, and mostly aimed at putting pressure on Trump by the establishment press.
Here we have a Trump supporter that is honest about what is at stake. It is about the popularity of Trump, not border security. Pure politics.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:15 AM

1,656 posts, read 259,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Here we have a Trump supporter that is honest about what is at stake. It is about the popularity of Trump, not border security. Pure politics.
It's all politics. Including the Democrats not giving him 5 billion dollars for a wall that 40% of the electorate want. The only difference between me and you is intelligence or lack thereof on your end. So I understand what's going on while you're too steeped into party politics and intrigue to see you're being yanked around by your nose.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:24 AM

20,533 posts, read 11,324,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Looks like they're depending on the same polls that told them that they were a shoe in for the Presidential election, and we saw how that played out. Either way, i've noticed that polls are an industry that seem to create public opinion rather than reflect it.

Any how, I don't think Trump did any favors for himself by publicly accepting blame for the inevitability of the shut down, I'm sure that factors into a lot of this.
If you still need to be explained why the polls for the election may be different, then you don't get it -- lol.
The electoral college predictions threw those polls off BUT reality- Clinton still had the most votes. I know -- Trump is our President. But this and the approval votes doesn't have some wierd electoral college factoring in the whole deal.

Can't keep throwing out the poll predictions based on electoral votes for all other polls.

It doesn't work that way.

Or if you want to -- go ahead......truth is -- doesn't matter what you feel --- Trump is losing this battle. The sitting President usually does. They are perceived as the leader and in charge and should be able to solve it -- especially when deal making is suppose to be your strong suit.

Best to keep the deals to Kim Jong Un and Putin and those secret meetings, then he can pretend he made the best deal ever every time.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:25 AM

20,533 posts, read 11,324,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post

It is true -- at this point Trump is toast if he negotiates...and guess who else knows that the Democrats.

They are holding the cards at this point.

No deal, Trump loses
Deal, Trump loses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or