Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 11:32 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,120,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Looks like they're depending on the same polls that told them that they were a shoe in for the Presidential election, and we saw how that played out. Either way, i've noticed that polls are an industry that seem to create public opinion rather than reflect it.

Any how, I don't think Trump did any favors for himself by publicly accepting blame for the inevitability of the shut down, I'm sure that factors into a lot of this.
Yup, the same polls that Trump and the GOP ignored resulting in a 40 seat lost in the House... want to lose the Senate and Presidency as well? Ignore the polls some more, go ahead, make the Democrats day in 2020.

And yes, Trump did himself no favors but he's starting to realize how disasterous it was for him 'cus he's actually paying attention to the polls now. Words do matter to people as reflected by the poll #s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 11:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Your idiot-in-chief said "I am proud to shut down the government for border security...I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down." in front of a rolling camera. You're blaming that on the media?

I'm grudgingly impressed that he knew an idiom like "take the mantle" and used it correctly. I mean - most would have said "take on the mantle", but still.
He must have had it said to him just moments prior. I give him credit for nothing.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,690,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Doesn't matter who is in the White House or which party is the majority. Every time there is a shutdown, the public blames the Republicans. With Clinton and Obama in the White House, they blamed it on the Republicans not sending up a budget Clinton or Obama would sign. With Trump in the White House, they blame it on Trump and the Republicans for not accepting what the Democrats want to send up.

Either way the media tells the public to blame the Republicans/Trump and the sheeple follow along with what the Democrats and media tell them.
It wasn't the media and/or the Ds who told people to blame Trump. It was Trump who told people to blame Trump.

"'I Am Proud To Shut Down The Government' Over 'The Wall'" Donald J Trump, Dec 11, 2018

Old 01-24-2019, 12:09 AM

19,619 posts, read 22,502,117 times
Quote:
Nope, that's not what she said.

She's just pandering to her constituency and willing to go to any length to do it. Border Patrol supports "the wall" btw. Both it's agents and the it's Union President do.
Um yeah...

https://www.newsweek.com/customs-and...m-4000-1283097

Old 01-24-2019, 12:16 AM

16,059 posts, read 10,655,786 times
Trump will pay dearly for the shut down. He took a simple problem and turned it into a crisis. The GOP could end it any day so they are also to blame. The Dems offered funds for increased border security which is the whole point and the adult way to achieve it. The wall is simply an ego booster for Trump and won't work anyway.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:19 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,544,168 times
Quote:
Nope, that's not what she said.

She's just pandering to her constituency and willing to go to any length to do it. Border Patrol supports "the wall" btw. Both it's agents and the it's Union President do.
Is that why Chris Wallace called out Trumps people for using false statistics? Gotcha.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:28 AM

1,438 posts, read 776,357 times
Do Trump and Republicans not realize that Americans voted for a Democratic House to OPPOSE him and so that he wouldn't have a blank check?

Old 01-24-2019, 12:54 AM

95 posts, read 107,563 times

Old 01-24-2019, 12:57 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Is that why Chris Wallace called out Trumps people for using false statistics? Gotcha.
Oh I forgot a news anchor is more credible than the Secretary of Homeland Security.
Gotcha back!

Old 01-24-2019, 12:58 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Do Trump and Republicans not realize that Americans voted for a Democratic House to OPPOSE him and so that he wouldn't have a blank check?
Why'd they give him the Senate then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies