Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 12:51 PM

18,396 posts, read 7,012,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
What are you talking about? The ability of a woman to have control of her body is critical to civil rights. A government should not have the ability to force a woman to continue a pregnancy.

The government shouldn't be able to force anyone to do anything with their bodies......man or woman.

But they certainly do.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:58 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,750,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And how do you know that that's the case moments before birth when you didn't know it previously?

Again....that's not what their talking about.

They want abortion right up until dialation for something as vague as the mental health of the mother.

Dems should tread carefully here if they're looking for public support.

Most people support the right to abortion up to the end of the first trimester.

Anything beyond that besides what's necessary to save the life of the mother in a complicated birth is tantamount to infanticide.
They DO know it previously. They aren't deciding during birth whether a child is viable or not. No one is going to kill a viable baby during labor. No one is going to kill a viable baby during labor. No one is going to kill a viable baby during labor. Repeat that to yourself over and over and over. Think about the oath that doctors take, about what a doctor's priority is. Think about the fact that a woman who's gone through an entire pregnancy WANTS the baby.

This law is about women who WANT to have a child, but late in the pregnancy discover that something horrendous has gone wrong. This law is about women who WANT to have a child, but the doctors tell her that the baby isn't viable, that going through childbirth puts her at serious risk.

You don't understand the law, and you are spewing misinformation claiming that "Dems" have a shameful agenda. They don't. They simply want women to be able to make decisions with their doctors that are the best decisions for these women.

No doctor is going to kill a viable baby during labor. Every doctor is going to do everything he can to save the baby, because in the third trimester, that woman wants that baby. What planet do you live on, where the woman decides after nine months that hey, she doesn't want to be a mom? What planet do you live on where if that actually did happen, that she wouldn't go ahead and give birth and let someone adopt it? Are you under the impression that a late-term abortion is just like one when a woman is 4 weeks pregnant? Because it's not.

Abortions aren't fun. Abortions aren't easy. Abortions aren't convenient. And late-term abortions are more expensive than giving birth. Way, way more expensive. Not to mention there are only a handful of doctors who perform late-term abortions. Any rational person would understand this. But then all the pro-life arguments rest on the immorality, irresponsibility and stupidity of half the population, so their assumptions about abortion tend to be pretty stupid.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:59 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,009,413 times
Quote:
Yes.

And availability of birth control is pretty prolific in America these days.

It is. But not everyone uses it every time they have penis-in-vagina intercourse, and sometimes they use it incorrectly.

If you want to rail about how stupid and irresponsible that is, knock yourself out. It doesn't change the fact that many women in their lifetime deal with an unintended and unwanted pregnancy. Some will choose to continue the pregnancy and some will terminate it. It doesn't matter how stupid you think they are, these are the choices they have.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:59 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,750,933 times
Quote:
Yes.

And availability of birth control is pretty prolific in America these days.
And if she uses birth control absolutely correctly and still gets pregnant, then force the nasty **** to have the baby anyway?

Old 01-30-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They DO know it previously. They aren't deciding during birth whether a child is viable or not. No one is going to kill a viable baby during labor. No one is going to kill a viable baby during labor. No one is going to kill a viable baby during labor. Repeat that to yourself over and over and over. Think about the oath that doctors take, about what a doctor's priority is. Think about the fact that a woman who's gone through an entire pregnancy WANTS the baby.

This law is about women who WANT to have a child, but late in the pregnancy discover that something horrendous has gone wrong. This law is about women who WANT to have a child, but the doctors tell her that the baby isn't viable, that going through childbirth puts her at serious risk.

You don't understand the law, and you are spewing misinformation claiming that "Dems" have a shameful agenda. They don't. They simply want women to be able to make decisions with their doctors that are the best decisions for these women.

No doctor is going to kill a viable baby during labor. Every doctor is going to do everything he can to save the baby, because in the third trimester, that woman wants that baby. What planet do you live on, where the woman decides after nine months that hey, she doesn't want to be a mom? What planet do you live on where if that actually did happen, that she wouldn't go ahead and give birth and let someone adopt it? Are you under the impression that a late-term abortion is just like one when a woman is 4 weeks pregnant? Because it's not.

Abortions aren't fun. Abortions aren't easy. Abortions aren't convenient. And late-term abortions are more expensive than giving birth. Way, way more expensive. Not to mention there are only a handful of doctors who perform late-term abortions. Any rational person would understand this. But then all the pro-life arguments rest on the immorality, irresponsibility and stupidity of half the population, so their assumptions about abortion tend to be pretty stupid.

So what's the point of these laws Dems are introducing that permit abortion right up to dialation?

If they know that the fetus isn't viable long before that point....

Then why do Dems feel the need to to go to that extreme?

Other than to pick a fight in an attempt to change the narrative of the next election from immigration enforcement to woman's reproductive rights?

Gee I wonder why they might be interested in doing that?

Old 01-30-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
It is. But not everyone uses it every time they have penis-in-vagina intercourse, and sometimes they use it incorrectly.

If you want to rail about how stupid and irresponsible that is, knock yourself out. It doesn't change the fact that many women in their lifetime deal with an unintended and unwanted pregnancy. Some will choose to continue the pregnancy and some will terminate it. It doesn't matter how stupid you think they are, these are the choices they have.

To be perfectly honest, I was pretty irresponsible in the days of my youth......

I did a lot of stupid things.

But even I managed not to get a woman pregnant when I did not intend to.....

And if my then irresponsible drunken, pothead self could manage not to knock up a woman until I actually wanted to have a child......then it's really not that difficult.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And if she uses birth control absolutely correctly and still gets pregnant, then force the nasty **** to have the baby anyway?

Nope,

if you remember I never said that I thought abortion should be illegal, at least not in all cases.

IMO you have three months after you make a huge mistake in order to rectify it.

After that, you're killing another human being in the name of your selfish irresponsibility and convenience.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:37 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,009,413 times
Quote:
To be perfectly honest, I was pretty irresponsible in the days of my youth......

I did a lot of stupid things.

But even I managed not to get a woman pregnant when I did not intend to.....

And if my then irresponsible drunken, pothead self could manage not to knock up a woman until I actually wanted to have a child......then it's really not that difficult.

That's great that you can say that 100% equivocally.....you have never ejaculated inside a woman when she was not on hormonal contraception or using a barrier method, who was ovulating, who either didn't/couldn't take the Morning After Pill.

Other men have done this. Is this really a surprise to you?

Have you fathered a child intentionally?

Old 01-30-2019, 01:38 PM

17,921 posts, read 27,317,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Ohio's governor Mike De Wine just signed a common sense abortion bill to ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is heard. He knows the bill will be immediately challenged by Planned Parenthood in court. The goal is for the case to be heard by the Supreme Court as a vehicle to overturn Roe v Wade. With Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett all new to the court, maybe we can rid America of this Neanderthal practice of abortion. Just like the evil Slavery ruling was reversed, all evil eventually falls.

Also related is the so-called Catholic governor of New York signing horrible new abortion law, which allows pretty much anybody to perform an abortion. Hopefully this hideous law, too, will land on the ash heap of history.

So we're eagerly awaiting your arrival, Justice Amy!

Don't we have to wait for somebody to snuff first?

Old 01-30-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
That's great that you can say that 100% equivocally.....you have never ejaculated inside a woman when she was not on hormonal contraception or using a barrier method, who was ovulating, who either didn't/couldn't take the Morning After Pill.

Other men have done this. Is this really a surprise to you?

Have you fathered a child intentionally?

Yes, my wife and I decided that we only wanted one child.

So when we could afford it, we had a son, 25 years ago now.

Family planning isn't all that difficult.

You just have to put the emphasis on planning.

Also, I used comdoms when I was young and single.

Yes..... every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies