Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 07:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, he won't be.

His base backed him when he was rude and angry and off-putting.

They're not backing him now that he's whimpering away.

he got beech slap by a gurl, that was older than him, he lost. hillary just won 2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 07:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Writing "tRump" isn't funny nor clever.

It's the best they can do. You know, Common Core and all.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:17 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
I could see Trump pulling a Nixon if things got really tough, but to think we are near the point where he might resign is putting the cart way ahead of the horse.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:19 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
So back when he was running for president, I thought if he won he would decline to take office. I thought he was just trying to prove a point.

But I was wrong.

And now, that his opponents can't stand him, and his base is now enraged (I listen to talk radio ;D) because he caved in to an impossible situation that they for some reason thought he should stick out, despite zero chance of winning, he kind of has no friends.

Coulter's tweet, from his OWN PARTY, is about the rudest, most humiliating thing I've read all year.

With his base, the less than 25% of the voters, there was NOTHING AT ALL this president could do to lose their support except compromise with the opposition. And now he's done more than that, he completely capitulated to them.

Listening to the voices today, I could hear repeated hope that when he comes back Feb. 15, THEN he'll get his wall. When the host asked are you angry? Yeah I'm angry!!!! He shouldn't have given in. But they'll pass his budget on Feb. 15 so this'll be worth it.

Just as posters who back him are saying here.

What happens March 1 when he no longer has any support? Not even his angry MAGA hat cheerleaders?

Um. Bye.
Anyone who thinks Trump will resign, hasn't been paying attention. Trump will never voluntarily resign. Never. Ever.

There are only a few scenarios where he would, and it involves others forcing him to "resign." Like what happened to Nixon.

To Trump, there is no "for the good of the country." No ethics. No morality. There is only winning or losing. He has chosen to win (or say he's won), and never lose (or admit he's lost).

I'm not even sure he'd resign if McConnell and other key Republicans went to him and said they were going to impeach him, if he doesn't resign. He'd possibly still cling to the ledge with his fingernails.

Even if he is forced to resign, he might say it's because of health. Or maybe the witch hunt got him. He will never admit he's done anything wrong. Only weak people do that. Losers. And he's a winner (in his sick mind).

Old 01-25-2019, 07:19 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Too bad. He'll have to wait a while to put that golden plaque with the Trump name on the wall a little later.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
he got beech slap by a gurl, that was older than him, he lost. hillary just won 2020
I think there's absolutely no chance the democrat party will float Hillary as the candidate.

She's not even liked by democrats (although I personally like her, and voted for her, as a libertarian).

It's time to field an opponent who can win.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:22 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
I think there's absolutely no chance the democrat party will float Hillary as the candidate.

She's not even liked by democrats (although I personally like her, and voted for her, as a libertarian).

It's time to field an opponent who can win.
Any suggestions?
Tulsi, maybe?

Old 01-25-2019, 07:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Anyone who thinks Trump will resign, hasn't been paying attention. Trump will never voluntarily resign. Never. Ever.

There are only a few scenarios where he would, and it involves others forcing him to "resign." Like what happened to Nixon.

To Trump, there is no "for the good of the country." No ethics. No morality. There is only winning or losing. He has chosen to win (or say he's won), and never lose (or admit he's lost).

I'm not even sure he'd resign if McConnell and other key Republicans went to him and said they were going to impeach him, if he doesn't resign. He'd possibly still cling to the ledge with his fingernails.

Even if he is forced to resign, he might say it's because of health. Or maybe the witch hunt got him. He will never admit he's done anything wrong. Only weak people do that. Losers. And he's a winner (in his sick mind).
Trump is losing the ability to make serious money by being president, and I suspect his marriage is in real jeopardy.

Melania appears to want to leave, and he likely wants to move on to the next very very sexy young woman who will hold her nose and have sex with him to enjoy the lifestyle he leads.

And now, he's basically helpless politically.

Why in the world would he continue with this for 2 more years?

Old 01-25-2019, 07:26 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Yes, I will agree with that. He just really thought he could win, and when it was clear he couldn't, he listened to his advisors (daughter maybe? son in law?) and capitulated completely.

And now, I guess, Coulter and Limbaugh are not going to give up THEIR base and agree with him.

I'm getting kind of light headed and dizzy following this.

The better move, which I posted in another thread, would be him saying he won't allow the airports and flights to be unsafe, and was forced to compromise on the behalf of the American public's safety, and would address the wall again soon after the citizens were able to travel again without concerns of crashing or flights cancelled.

I guess his advisors didn't make him aware of that. Still jawing about MS13.
I’ve been busy all day, so I missed all the initial reactions. I’ll be catching up this weekend.

But, I will say that when there are two paths where one is the proper path while the other is quite obviously the wrong path, Individual 1 will usually take the wrong path.

If he’d have said what you suggest, he might be getting less flak. However, as is I-1’s way, he took the path of most resistance.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Any suggestions?
Tulsi, maybe?
I don't know.

I'm really sad Beto O'Rourke is so young and inexperienced. And frankly, a little too liberal.

Can we just get some boring, smart and very respectable person on the democratic ticket? Please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies