Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 12:17 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You are wrong about that...if this drug problem is SO extremely bad, as they are making it out to be, considering all the lives taken or destroyed, all the related crime and violence, the drain on social services, children loosing their parents to drugs, etc etc. this is truly a national emergency and use of military AGAINST the source is certainly justified, even if its in a foreign country...

We had no qualms sending military to a foreign country after 9-11 happened...to target the source, whats different here?
You and I both sent soldiers to a foreign country supplying the world with heroin. It's called Afghanistan. I didn't see one field of poppies set on fire. I wonder why that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 12:42 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
The war on drugs was decided almost 40 years ago.

Drugs won. Every politician that continues to support this "war" should be tarred and feathered.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:06 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoplasmic View Post
$$
Bingo. If it makes money, then America wants it.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:33 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
You and I both sent soldiers to a foreign country supplying the world with heroin. It's called Afghanistan. I didn't see one field of poppies set on fire. I wonder why that is.
For one thing, they would grow right back.

But if you are insinuating there is corruption involved, you couldn't be more right. When even the war itself is corrupt, it leaves no doubt that it is a hopeless failure.

It is way past time for a different approach.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:45 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post

But if you are insinuating there is corruption involved, you couldn't be more right. When even the war itself is corrupt, it leaves no doubt that it is a hopeless failure.

i have never even mentioned the corruption for fear of being called a conspiracy nut..there was book written in the 1970s outlining all the connections and has never been sued for liable...

the same people involved in vietnam were with iran contra as well..... seacrest and a few others some of theses people are praised by the rightwing as heros

when columbia is involved there are pictures of the head of the wallstreet SEC meeting with i believe it is FARC discussing investing drug money lol

Old 03-03-2019, 09:17 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
I suspect some of those still stubbornly clinging to the traditional war on drugs ideology do so because of some judeo-christian 'ideals' of morality.

It should tell people something that quite a few of those in law enforcement, including very high ranking ones, admit that the war on drugs has been an abysmal failure and an absolute waste of time and resources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CGlD50mdbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcWBFllF6ds&t=8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdePbIuoHKc

Old 03-03-2019, 09:25 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
and i will also mention people see life with their own eyes they see the lies and corruption that are rampant in the war on drugs...is there any wonder why respect fpr law and order is down???? make laws that are rational and people will have respect eliminate the prohibition money so simple it eludes the lawmakers it may take a generation but respect will come

Old 03-03-2019, 09:41 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post

The American war on alcohol 100 years ago made criminals rich, and corruption was rampant within law enforcement, and government officials. Family fortunes grew on the profits of prohibition. Ask the Kennedy's.

I don't see why anything would be different with a 50 year long drug war.

There are massive profits to be made in many directions. Even for profit prisons. The owners of these jails are promised 'product.' Illegal drugs provide plenty.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
The War on Drugs will never be won, but should go on forever.
It should continue just like the War on Convenience Store Robberies, The War on Child Abuse, The War on Spousal Abuse, The War on Terror, The War on Drunk Driving, and all the other "wars" that cannot be won and are such an inconvenience to the real slackers and thoughtless losers of the world.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Better to hunt down people like you - super nanny staters, who thinks that the mind and body of the individual, belong to some kind of ape herd collective. You don't belong in the West - go to North Korea, or your precious Philippines.

Any soldier that hunts down people for doing drugs, deserves to be hanging by the neck from the nearest tree.
The County police have a drug strike force, which does this very thing in my area! It enrages me that my tax money is helping to fund these losers, and a large amount of the community actually supports what they are doing!!

They will go out and bust addicts and threaten them with jail time unless they cooperate and agree to give up their dealer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies