Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 01:06 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Is Saudi Arabia building a ballistic missile factory a good idea ?

Another new kid on the block of nuclear proliferation. If we can't stop Iran why bother with S.A. ?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...am/2688441002/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8747826.html

Saudis building their own ballistic missiles
https://www.foxnews.com/world/saudis...hink-tank-says
They will build the factory. And import the missile from USA

Even to build buildings they need manpower from the subcontinent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 01:10 PM

1,705 posts, read 537,691 times
Rumors are they already acquired what they need when USSR collapsed..

Old 01-27-2019, 01:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I would agree. I wish no nation had any WMD's, but it's substantially more dangerous to the world for a middle eastern or other unstable nation to have them as opposed to nations like the U.S. or Russia.
In simple language its a lot like saying the US and Russia shall be designated the parents and the others children on the world stage. I bet their will always be some rebellious teenagers.
What is the best way to deal with them ?

Old 01-27-2019, 01:13 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Jared Kushner has close relation with both S.A. and Israel, and has been successfully building back channel relationships between the two. S.A./Israel provide a counterweight to Iran, which seems to want to create a new Islamic empire.

I'm as leery as anyone of S.A., but I haven't heard any alternative approaches out there. Sometimes I think we should just let the Muslim countries fight it out, even surreptitiously encourage it. That's basically what we did with Iran/Iraq prior to 1991.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I would agree. I wish no nation had any WMD's, but it's substantially more dangerous to the world for a middle eastern or other unstable nation to have them as opposed to nations like the U.S. or Russia.
Lol...what evidence is there to support that contention?

First of all, the United States has used them twice before, and Russia isn’t stable by any means. Pakistan and India have them, but it’s more dangerous if Saudi Arabia has them? Based on what exactly? The Saudis aren’t kicking up much dust anywhere, and dare I say that Saudi Arabia is at least as stable as Russia is.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:59 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...what evidence is there to support that contention?

First of all, the United States has used them twice before, and Russia isn’t stable by any means. Pakistan and India have them, but it’s more dangerous if Saudi Arabia has them? Based on what exactly? The Saudis aren’t kicking up much dust anywhere, and dare I say that Saudi Arabia is at least as stable as Russia is.
Interesting

First of all, the nukes used during WW2 were nowhere near as powerful as the ones we have today. Whereas once upon a time they could level out a city, nowadays they have far more reach.

India is pretty stable outside of the volatile northern Kashmir.

If the Saudis get them, what will the impact on Iran and Israel be like, the latter already having an arsenal.

Old 01-27-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Interesting

First of all, the nukes used during WW2 were nowhere near as powerful as the ones we have today. Whereas once upon a time they could level out a city, nowadays they have far more reach.

India is pretty stable outside of the volatile northern Kashmir.

If the Saudis get them, what will the impact on Iran and Israel be like, the latter already having an arsenal.
I don’t know.

Old 01-27-2019, 03:02 PM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
American logic with guns among their own citizens = more the merrier, the more the safer.
American logic with nukes among nations = no no no! Nuclear proliferation will lead to a more dangerous world!

Old 01-27-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
American logic with guns among their own citizens = more the merrier, the more the safer.
American logic with nukes among nations = no no no! Nuclear proliferation will lead to a more dangerous world!
Lol...noticed that too?

Old 01-29-2019, 06:04 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
There's a difference between a gun that can typically take out 30 or so at most, and a nuke that could take out millions, and affect millions more from fallout.

Last edited by travis t; 01-29-2019 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: affect, not effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies