Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump double down on building the border wall during this SOTU, or will he capitulate to Pelosi
Double down 72 86.75%
Capitulate 11 13.25%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 07:58 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,049,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
By the by, I still have not heard if the SOTU will be televised. Speaker Pelosi may still decide to not allow cameras within the House.

Probably will, but it is an option open to her.
That or Trump give his SOTU on a Twitter post since he tweet a lot.

And now some scramble to cast it as a Pelosi win from what I saw on that vlog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDPxYJvwjjI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 08:06 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
He'd BETTER "double-down" or he'll lose all but the very most hardcore fanboys.

I HATE having to use that term for them, (I won't use cultists, because that's not right) as I voted for Pres. Trump and really hoped for the best. I am NOT a blind follower, I won't "abandon" him cold, BUT, he's got to follow through on stuff he promised as best he can. Especially things that are needed, like a wall, and better border security. IF he gives in EASY this last time to the Dems when there's even a chance of getting it done, he'll be completely neutered for the next two years (except maybe judge picks) and likely never get reelected.
He also promised Americans his silly wall wouldn't cost them a dime. How come the fanboys care deeply about one promise, but don't give a damn about the other?

Old 01-29-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I can't wait to hear Trump expose the hypocrisy and lies of the awful Democrats. All with Pelosi and the Democrats acting like the children they are. Should be great fun!
Like his "major address to the nation" a few weeks back, a major lie-fest that swayed absolutely no one? We've heard it all before. What makes you think the hundredth time he lies about it will have a different outcome than the first 99?

Old 01-29-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I guess that might explain why Pelosi allowed Trump to do a State of the Union.
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...ing-government
Nancy Pelosi won her district with 86% of the vote. I don't think she has anything to be worried about.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:14 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Is anybody actually going to listen to the State of the Union address?

I'm surprised anyone can stand to listen to Trump anymore. It'll just be more of the same old blah, blah, blah, moaning rhetoric.
Trump has nothing new to offer.
He failed on healthcare and failed to get a wall built.

He hasn't even mentioned infrastructure in the entire two years he's been in office, which was the one and only thing I actually agreed with him about. It was his only saving grace in my mind. But... - nothing.

Trump is done.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:16 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Trump should decline and instead invite Pelosi to his SOTU on the 6th

Yeah because that would be the adult thing to do.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:29 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Same here. Trump wants -- no...CRAVES the attention he'll get at the SOTU. That's way more important to him than the stupid wall.

Now I wonder, if ever there was a time for Trump to be presidential, if he'll be capable of giving a fairly bipartisan speech and just talk about America and we are facing in 2019.....or if he'll use the SOTU address to just have another rally and insult people and call his enemies names from the House floor.
Most likely the latter. He's unlikely to change character.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:55 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
By the by, I still have not heard if the SOTU will be televised. Speaker Pelosi may still decide to not allow cameras within the House.

Probably will, but it is an option open to her.
Yes, of course it will be televised.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:57 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Nancy Pelosi has invited President Trump to deliver his State of the Union Address to Congress on February 5, 2019.
Pelosi invites Trump to deliver State of the Union on Feb. 5

"When I wrote to you on January 23rd, I stated that we should work together to find a mutually agreement date when government has reopened to reschedule this year's State of the Union address," the California Democrat wrote in a letter to Trump. "In our conversation today, we agreed on February 5th. Therefore, I invite you to deliver your State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress on February 5, 2019 in the House Chamber."
As a point of reference, the three week funding extension that temporarily cancelled the partial government shutdown ends on February 15, 2019.
Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to avoid it on TV that night.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:28 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
The new sheriff in town looks more like the Wicked Witch of the west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7jJI1cfEgc

Then her victory had come to a cost with the polling then I mentionned in an earlier post.
Which polling? Trump caved because he was going down in the polls. Pelosi's polls went up during the shutdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies