Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 10:36 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I didn't say it wasn't easy to get a medical marijuana card.

You are the one who said it has no medical benefits. I'll call you out on that lie every single time.

Since I have only 48 years of experience with it, I'll certainly take note of your more experienced observation of who I am and the life I lead. If you only knew, lol.
Ah, the "lived experience" nonsense again. "Don't confuse me with logic and verifiable evidence, I have my 'lived experience' to better inform me!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 10:40 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Ah, the "lived experience" nonsense again. "Don't confuse me with logic and verifiable evidence, I have my 'lived experience' to better inform me!"
Put your money where your mouth is. Let's meet.

I will personally take you on a little tour of my life and my accomplishments.

What say?

Old 02-02-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Put your money where your mouth is. Let's meet.

I will personally take you on a little tour of my life and my accomplishments.

What say?
Not my point and I couldn't care less about the particulars of your life. I'm commenting on the reliability of "lived experiences" as evidence of what is generally occurring in a society. Much of the time, I consider it to be just about the worst evidence for drawing sociological generalizations.

By the way, if marijuana has all these health benefits, why aren't we making sure more children partake in its use and benefits? Shouldn't you pro-marijuana legalization folks be pushing for total legalization? Or do the health benefits of marijuana only benefit adults and not people below age 18?

Old 02-02-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Not my point and I couldn't care less about the particulars of your life. I'm commenting on the reliability of "lived experiences" as evidence of what is generally occurring in a society. Much of the time, I consider it to be just about the worst evidence for drawing sociological generalizations.

By the way, if marijuana has all these health benefits, why aren't we making sure more children partake in its use and benefits? Shouldn't you pro-marijuana legalization folks be pushing for total legalization? Or do the health benefits of marijuana only benefit adults and not people below age 18?
If that is not your point, then you are not very good at making points.

I was hoping to get a first hand reaction to piles and pile of first hand evidence staring you in the face. I should have known you would never be up for having such fun, lol.

Many, many toddler's lives have been saved by administering a marijuana-infused medicine to the child, in order to arrest serious, life-threatening seizures. It is such a life saver that many families with an epileptic child have had to re-establish their entire lives in order to move to a state where it is legal to save their child's life. Please either research it, or admit you would rather watch children die right in front of you before you would administer such a medication.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
If that is not your point, then you are not very good at making points.

I was hoping to get a first hand reaction to piles and pile of first hand evidence staring you in the face. I should have known you would never be up for having such fun, lol.

Many, many toddler's lives have been saved by administering a marijuana-infused medicine to the child, in order to arrest serious, life-threatening seizures. It is such a life saver that many families with an epileptic child have had to re-establish their entire lives in order to move to a state where it is legal to save their child's life. Please either research it, or admit you would rather watch children die right in front of you before you would administer such a medication.
There are deleterious cognitive effects of prolonged abuse of marijuana. Your final sentence is a product of this.

You're also avoiding direct answers to my direct questions. You understood, of course, that I was asking about administering marijuana to children in general. Since you clearly believe marijuana has only benefits to human beings who use it, you would favor the elimination of laws that prohibit use among minors, yes?

Old 02-02-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
There are deleterious cognitive effects of prolonged abuse of marijuana. Your final sentence is a product of this.

You're also avoiding direct answers to my direct questions. You understood, of course, that I was asking about administering marijuana to children in general. Since you clearly believe marijuana has only benefits to human beings who use it, you would favor the elimination of laws that prohibit use among minors, yes?
If you can't even make sense of my final statement, why should I bother to answer? You are either unwilling or incapable of comprehension. Do you deny that marijuana-infused medicines are saving epileptic children's lives???

Why are you continuing to make a fool of yourself with the question about children? You are putting words in my mouth by starting off with a false premise.

Like so many prohibitionists, you seem to believe my viscous anti-prohibition stance is based on "Marijuana is great! It is for everyone! Even Kids! Let's light up".

I have never said that, or even hinted at it, and neither has anyone else here. Your arguments are so weak you have to invent this platform from which to base your foolish questions.

So listen up:

Legalization is not about encouraging use, in any age group, and it never has been. It is about stopping the harm prohibition is causing. The harm is much greater than any harm the plant itself could possibly cause. There is plenty of evidence of that, for example children being denied life-saving medicine, but you can't (or won't) absorb it.

So this is where we break ranks, because at this point you always display the same predictable behavior of delving into your little cache of prohibitionists statements like "lived experience", "Bro science", "Reefer Madness", and all the other straw man cliches you so heavily rely on. There is no evidence I can supply that you will even look at or read, much less give a second thought to. Your mind is too closed. But I can still see right through you.

Last edited by Raddo; 02-02-2019 at 07:22 PM..

Old 02-02-2019, 08:56 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
It's one of many reasons not to legalize drugs.

By the way, I don't think you ever responded to my question way back when: if marijuana has so many health benefits for human beings, why in the world do we deprive minors of this beneficial "plant" under the law? Why, do you know that is I administered this plant to my child, I could be arrested!

Oh, and I almost forgot: Reefer Madness!!!
CBD and CBN does not make you high. And if you follow the news, kids with seizures have benefited from medical marijuana when nothing else worked. Sorry, this is our future. Let's get rid of these manufactured drugs

Old 02-02-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
If you can't even make sense of my final statement, why should I bother to answer? You are either unwilling or incapable of comprehension. Do you deny that marijuana-infused medicines are saving epileptic children's lives???

Why are you continuing to make a fool of yourself with the question about children? You are putting words in my mouth by starting off with a false premise.

Like so many prohibitionists, you seem to believe my viscous anti-prohibition stance is based on "Marijuana is great! It is for everyone! Even Kids! Let's light up".

I have never said that, or even hinted at it, and neither has anyone else here. Your arguments are so weak you have to invent this platform from which to base your foolish questions.

So listen up:

Legalization is not about encouraging use, in any age group, and it never has been. It is about stopping the harm prohibition is causing. The harm is much greater than any harm the plant itself could possibly cause. There is plenty of evidence of that, for example children being denied life-saving medicine, but you can't (or won't) absorb it.

So this is where we break ranks, because at this point you always display the same predictable behavior of delving into your little cache of prohibitionists statements like "lived experience", "Bro science", "Reefer Madness", and all the other straw man cliches you so heavily rely on. There is no evidence I can supply that you will even look at or read, much less give a second thought to. Your mind is too closed. But I can still see right through you.
Oh, I made sense of your final statement. I was pointing to how poorly-conceived it was. I illustrated this poor construction in my previous response to you. Did you forget that?

I'm glad to hear that you acknowledge the harms this drug causes, but you're surrounded by people on your side, including people here, who argue that this particular drug has only positives. You're either forgetting something again or you're pretending you don't see the litany of posts asserting such things. We even had one posting that marijuana cures cancer.

FYI: mocking how folks on your side, scream "Reefer Madness" as if that's an argument, or how they invariably go to the "Oh yeah? Well alcohol is worse and it's legal!" argument, doesn't involve strawman arguments. I don't think you understand what a strawman argument means. As I recall, in fact, you've tried both of those on me in the past. When that hasn't worked, you've moved on to your tales of your lived experiences, which are apparently supposed to be substitutes for objective evidence about marijuana usage in our society as a whole. Lived experiences are generally poor evidence, but they're even worse when they come from a habitual drug abuser. A few things are fairly consistent among habitual drug abusers:

1. Their self-perception is generally off. Friends, family, co-workers are increasingly distancing themselves and if they even recognize what is happening, the user finds rationalizations for why this is happening other than his drug abuse and attributes the distancing to the flaws of the other people.
2. They're in complete denial about how their drug abuse is affecting their lives. As you do, they may cite the fact that they hold down a steady job, the size of their bank accounts, the car they drive, et cetera. What they tend not to share are the broken marriages, estranged relationships with kids, lost friends, along with all the things they might have done, including working on those relationships, had they not spent so many hours-days-months-years getting high. You'll note that if marijuana actually had that mellowing effect, you'd be letting all this slip off your back.
3. Inflated opinions of who they are, what they can do and what they have done.
4. A lot of lying. They may acknowledge they use the drug, but they will lie about how often they use, how much they spend on their dependency, how often they do things that they don't remember, how many times they placed others in danger by their use, like getting behind the wheel, and so on. The whole basis of treatment is to stop lying and be honest about the dependency.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
CBD and CBN does not make you high. And if you follow the news, kids with seizures have benefited from medical marijuana when nothing else worked. Sorry, this is our future. Let's get rid of these manufactured drugs
Ah, here's another fallacious argument: either we legalize marijuana or we remain prey to manufacturers of legal drugs.

Does extended marijuana use have deleterious effects on children in general? Notice that last part?

Old 02-02-2019, 10:07 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Ah, here's another fallacious argument: either we legalize marijuana or we remain prey to manufacturers of legal drugs.

Does extended marijuana use have deleterious effects on children in general? Notice that last part?
Do you even know what CBD and CBN is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies