Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 12:59 PM

3,317 posts, read 2,302,238 times

Advertisements

He forfeited his bond. Would you just give away $10,000 if you were innocent? I wouldn't.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:00 PM

718 posts, read 595,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
I thought Foxx recused herself because she has ties to smollett/friends of smollett? What the F is going on here?
https://abc7chicago.com/texts-shed-l...-case/5190191/

Foxx announced her recusal on Feb. 20, and that same day a spokesperson released a statement to ABC News, telling them, "Out of an abundance of caution, the decision to recuse herself was made to address potential questions of impartiality based upon familiarity with potential witnesses in the case."

According to the text messages obtained by ABC7 from the State's Attorney's office, the Smollett family was worried about leaks in the investigation and reached out to Foxx through a politically-connected lawyer.

The family wanted Foxx to ask Chicago police to request that the FBI take over the lead in the investigation.

I wonder who the politically connected lawyer is.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:01 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,879,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Rahm Emmanuel is pissed off about this dismissing of charges...what gives? Isn't he in charge?
Rahm and the police commissioner both said there weren't even told by the AG that this was coming, it was a complete surprise to them, it was a behind the scenes deal between The AG and Michelle Obama chief of staff. It was pure crooked politics, something the dems excel at.
I was surprised by rohm's disgust, I thought he was an obama democrat, but even he is POed by this development.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:02 PM

21,668 posts, read 9,243,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
But you don't see the double standard. Cook County let smollett walk free. If this was anyone else, especially a straight black man, Kim fox would send that person to prison regardless if it si r Kelly or a poor black kid from Southside Chicago.

Please get your facts right. Smollet pulled this stunt because he wanted a raise, and not because he hates Trump.
If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. He did it to help Kamala Harris win the Presidency.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:02 PM

3,805 posts, read 2,171,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
No we don't. The charges weren't dropped because it wasn't a hoax, they were dropped in recognition for his "volunteer service to the community. And surely it was out of his sense of community that he surrendered a pile of cash to the DA's office.
No, they are not admitting guilt. The story is still that he was actually a victim of a lynching.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:03 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,377,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Blacks should be disgusted by this. They as a group will be viewed askance because of this travesty.

This POS Smollett gets away with this? Just wait until the next time something like this happens.

This country is heading for a rough time. Just sayin.
No need to tell black folks what they should think. Your comments are disgusting.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2019 at 02:21 PM..

16,212 posts, read 10,746,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Yes I was sick when I first saw the headline that he was attacked.

I'll note, I honestly thought that he probably was attacked by black men who are homophobes....

I didn't vote in the poll, but I never believed he wasn't attacked - above is my first post in this thread. I always thought he was probably attacked by some black men.

In his interview with Robin Roberts he actually didn't say that the attackers had on MAGA hats and he didn't say he knew for sure that they were white.

As I noted, black hetero men often attack black gay men. I've known many black gay men who were attacked just because they were gay. It is the main "hate crime" perpetuated by and against black people in America. Nigerians in particular do not agree with or like homosexuality and I felt, upon learning that two Nigerian born brothers were involved that they got their story straight for police and police believed them because there is a stereotype of gay men as "drama queens."

I expected the charges to be dropped or for him to be acquitted if it went to trial as he has always been consistent in his narrative and CPD never provided any evidence that this was not an actual attack on him. The media accounts tried to make it seem like a white on black crime, not Jussie himself. It is another indication IMO of how people jump to conclusions and fail to look at the fine details of a media story.

21,668 posts, read 9,243,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Jussie Smollet has ties with the Obamas and Kamala Harris. When he first got busted, a lot of people wondered if maybe the Obamas or Kamala Harris might have had anything to do with planning it. It could have been a fake hate crime to make Trump supporters look violent. It was also interesting that Smollet refused to give up his cell phone during the investigation. Maybe he knew the phone had some incriminating evidence that linked his plans with the Obamas or Kamala Harris. If any of those politicians are involved, don't you think that they have the power to make this entire situation go away, regardless of the mountain of evidence against him? The timing is also interesting. The dems need something to distract everyone from the release of the Mueller report. Hmm...perfect timing for all of Jussie's charges to suddenly get thrown out for no apparent reason. Does anything smell fishy about this entire situation?

76,908 posts, read 47,211,581 times
This guy is getting a lot of free advertisement. Hardly anyone even knew he existed until this thing happened.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,796,413 times
Smollett should sue the CPD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies