Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 05:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You bring up a good point. Another reason I don't think any Nigerians did this is because they don't even really know the history of race in this country. I just don't think a Nigerian would think, "Hey, let's tie a noose around this guy's neck to make it seem like a white person did this!" They are not invested in our race politics like that. And black American men would just beat him up. Props wouldn't be necessary. That is just not how black people fight. This entire arc is highly implausible, culturally.

I don't buy this "alternative" story at all. It's just something put out there to assuage guilt and shame.
Guilt and shame of whom for what?

Old 02-15-2019, 06:18 PM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
I warned people to wait for the facts to come out.

Now we have...

-no MAGA hats were worn says Smoletts so was it him lying or the media lying? I'm seriously doubting some of the other claims too at this point but police are getting to the bottom of this wierd case and will bring charges if it turns out to be false.
-Nigerian brothers, one of which he knew and has been on the TV show he's on
-claimed they were white? Um, even with a ski mask on...you can tell if someone is white or black.

But wait, they knew where to find him....so how EXACTLY did they know he'd be out at 2AM where he was?

Again, I'll wait. I have my suspicions but will refrain from speculating...wait for the facts and all that.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:30 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
How embarrassing for those Nigerian white supremacist Trump supporters that they clearly spend a lot of time in the gym, and all they managed to do was give Jussie one little scratch that isn't as deep as some shaving nicks men get.
Right? I got sucker-punched by some crazy homeless guy on the subway platform at 23rd and 7th Ave one night. Blacked one eye and split both top and bottom lip. He was one dude, and had way less muscle than this duo. If Smollet wanted this to seem real, he'd have to learn what a real punch feels like, lol.

Were the two Nigerians really on a plane, and did it really get turned around mid-flight?

Old 02-15-2019, 06:35 PM

2,818 posts, read 2,283,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Right? I got sucker-punched by some crazy homeless guy on the subway platform at 23rd and 7th Ave one night. Blacked one eye and split both top and bottom lip. He was one dude, and had way less muscle than this duo. If he wanted this to seem real, he'd have to learn what a real punch feels like, lol.

Were the two Nigerians really on a plane, and did it really get turned around mid-flight?

My understanding is they returned from their trip and were picked up by police.
The suspect was clearly in Nigeria according to his instagram postings:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtWK2zBH..._web_copy_link

Old 02-15-2019, 06:37 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Now we have...

-no MAGA hats were worn says Smoletts so was it him lying or the media lying? I'm seriously doubting some of the other claims too at this point but police are getting to the bottom of this wierd case and will bring charges if it turns out to be false.
-claimed they were white? Um, even with a ski mask on...you can tell if someone is white or black.

But wait, they knew where to find him....so how EXACTLY did they know he'd be out at 2AM where he was?

Again, I'll wait. I have my suspicions but will refrain from speculating...wait for the facts and all that.
I don't know what he said on GMA, but Jussie never said that they were white. He also did not say they were wearing MAGA hats. He stated only that they said, "This is MAGA country", and that was not in the initial police report, it was added the next day.

The media and those who have bias are the ones who assumed that meant "white people wearing MAGA hats".

It was noted early on in this that he didn't say what race they were because they were covered up (ski masks, due to the cold, etc.)

If he changed any of that on GMA - well, then there's no doubt that he lied, but before that, it was the media who added in their own details, and/or those who felt the need to start lecturing the entire country on a fake crime.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Now we have...

In fairness, he has never publicly stated the race of the attackers in the police report or in his limited public statements.
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ce-report.html
He strongly implied that they were white in the GMA interview and TMZ has reported that unnamed "sources" close to him described the attackers as white. But, he has never explicitly stated that.

Also, I don't know where the MAGA hat stories came from. I think that was just random social media chatter. I don't think even TMZ ever reported that.

But, yeah, how did they know he was going to be out at 2am right by the back door to his apt?

Old 02-15-2019, 06:45 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,143,894 times
https://twitter.com/AJGuglielmi/stat...81969251573760

Old 02-15-2019, 06:47 PM

https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/stat...83040669605894

Old 02-15-2019, 06:52 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I translate that to: "You idiot media! What you were told was in confidence, you weren't supposed to splash it all over the news and on social media! You're going to ruin this investigation when the perps catch wind that we're on to them. Now we can't share anything else because you all can't keep your yaps shut."

I don't care if that turns out to be wrong, that's how I'm interpreting it.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:00 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wonder what's going through this stooge of a writer's head right now?

The Racist, Homophobic Attack on Jussie Smollett Is Far-Right America's Endgame | GQ
What was ever going through his or her head? Of course they have to say 'possible hate crime' until that is proven. 'Battered Body'. Good Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies