Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 01:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Wow, his siblings are the Paterno's of H'wood. They don't know how to shut the hell up and let things die down. Instead, they indict anyone unwilling to be an enabler.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:52 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Man, looking at it this way, holy crap, what he did is super psychopathic! He staged an attack, didn't get enough attention from the letter, got mad that people didn't believe him, went on National TV and cried about it, and it's just....all staged for no reason.....it's like...why???

I bet you the guy will probably be carried away peacefully by claiming he's mentally insane instead of being prosecuted.
Nope.He didn't do this because he got a letter and it didn't get enough attention. A) 99% he sent himself the letter and B) He's friends with (and pictured with Kamala Harris) who happened to have a stalled anti-lynching bill in Congress. (She called this a modern day lynching). If you think that's all coincidence, I have a bridge you might be interested in. I saw what Harris was capable of firsthand at the Kavanaugh hearings.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:54 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Nope.He didn't do this because he got a letter and it didn't get enough attention. A) 99% he sent himself the letter and B) He's friends with (and pictured with Kamala Harris) who happened to have a stalled anti-lynching bill in Congress. (She called this a modern day lynching). If you think that's all coincidence, I have a bridge you might be interested in. I saw what Harris was capable of firsthand at the Kavanaugh hearings.

I'm not buying the anti-lynching bill aspect.

And I'm certainly not buying that Kamala Harris was involved. Jussie is stoopid. Kamala is not.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:05 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'm not buying the anti-lynching bill aspect.

And I'm certainly not buying that Kamala Harris was involved. Jussie is stoopid. Kamala is not.
No I don't think so either but I can absolutely believe he did this because he thought it would help her cause that he was totally invested in.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:15 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
No I don't think so either but I can absolutely believe he did this because he thought it would help her cause that he was totally invested in.
I can get onboard with this.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Only independents and republicans are fed up — democrats are still pumping it out 24/7.......
Yes, I believe so too. Nothing will change after this. Granted most people don't stage a hate crime. You have to be extra kind of dumb to do that and then get caught. However, the amount of people who sees racism and hate crimes wherever they go..that number will not go away unfortunately.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:27 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Yes, I believe so too. Nothing will change after this. Granted most people don't stage a hate crime. You have to be extra kind of dumb to do that and then get caught. However, the amount of people who sees racism and hate crimes wherever they go..that number will not go away unfortunately.
I don't think anything will change either. People are too invested in their identity politics and seeing things the way they "believe" them to be rather than how isolated the incidents actually are. They even invented a term for it - Dogwhistle. Seriously? It is a term to use to identify anything how it makes them feel.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:33 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
The race pimps have no idea how much they hurt the civil rights issue with their false claims. Anyone in their right mind understands that African-Americans have gotten a raw deal over the years. However, doing things like this does not help their cause, but only hurts. Most Americans today could not care less what color a person is - green is the only color I care about.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:39 PM

24,629 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The race pimps have no idea how much they hurt the civil rights issue with their false claims. Anyone in their right mind understands that African-Americans have gotten a raw deal over the years. However, doing things like this does not help their cause, but only hurts. Most Americans today could not care less what color a person is - green is the only color I care about.
Agreed, self-vicitmization will get you nowehere in this world. All the great black leaders of America like Oprah, Ben Carson, Colin Powell, Barack Obama, etc. refused to be victims in the worlds greatest country and now they're all highly successful first generational millionaires.

Now imagined if they blamed everything on race, we wouldn't never even know their name.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:39 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
I keep trying to find a good reason why Smollett would do something like this. I also have to wonder if there was anyone egging him on, anyone who helped him plan this. And the ever present "WHY?" lingers there in my mind. What did he have to gain? Maybe the answer is, as you suggested--he is just plain stupid and there is no good reason.
Some people are not that bright. People who don't think anything of potential consequences of their bad actions are kind of dangerous, to themselves and others. He wanted to make a point... but he did this in the worst case possible. He took manpower away from real victims of any other crime in Chicago during this time. It's almost like he has some personality disorder. He thinks of himself as more important than the next person. I mean, who does something like this?
Don't make excuses for him. He is an almost 40 year old man, and he is ultimately responsible for his action
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies