Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 05:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
WHO DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING........

Report: Smollett Told Police He Has Untreated Drug Problem

The "hate hoax" story that has gripped the nation's attention for the past few weeks continues to add new wrinkles. The latest: that embattled "Empire" star Jussie Smollett allegedly told police when he surrendered himself on Thursday that he has an untreated drug problem.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43831...aign=dwtwitter
So. That doesn't answer for him creating a fake hate crime against himself, not once, but twice.

He has an unresolved idiot problem.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:04 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I can see what you are saying. He made death threats specifically targeting a gay black male and implying that is the reason for the threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Right. The conspiracy to committ assault or murder or whatever crime that is and then the hate crime element is the broadbrush unhinged racist motivation behind those other crimes.
No. You can not be the victim of your own hate crime. If someone attempts suicide because they're ashamed of being a Catholic, does that make their assault on themselves a hate crime? You guys are picking stuff out of thin air. There are specific definitions for what does and does not constitute a hate crime, and this doesn't fit any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
WHO DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING........

Report: Smollett Told Police He Has Untreated Drug Problem

The "hate hoax" story that has gripped the nation's attention for the past few weeks continues to add new wrinkles. The latest: that embattled "Empire" star Jussie Smollett allegedly told police when he surrendered himself on Thursday that he has an untreated drug problem.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43831...aign=dwtwitter
HAH! Called it last week! Let the pity parties begin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So. That doesn't answer for him creating a fake hate crime against himself, not once, but twice.

He has an unresolved idiot problem.
Yeah, but he'll still play it for all it's worth. Anything to make himself the victim, the victim, the victim... cuz it's all about being the victim, don't ya know... and his apologists will eat it up.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:09 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Here's the bond proffer. It's on page 4.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...506171221.html
This didn't come out until yesterday. The media did not have access to this information. Yet the media started in on "white" people the same day that they learned about the alleged attack.

All of these pages...all 3000+ posts, not one person ever posted about the "skin around the eyes" thing, because no one in media had done that....because no one in media knew that.

But media went ahead and said it was "white people" from the very beginning - even before Smollett went in for the 2nd time to add the fake attackers said "this is MAGA country".

So, fair enough, he said it to the police - yet not once did anyone in media talk about that, specifically. Knowing how much some people wanted this to be "evil, racist, white Trump supporters" that would have been front and center on every paper.

It wasn't.

They didn't have that information. NONE of us had that information.

That didn't stop the media from saying it was white people from the start.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:32 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Completely delusional post.

Being black or gay does not let you get away with crimes.

Actually, it does these days. The pendulum has seemingly swung right off the clock and through the window.

I wonder when drugs and/or being overworked will be used as an excuse. The Smollett's legal team is already blaming the cops for HIS irrational and racist judgment. 20 detectives wasted their time trying to prove his claims and THEY'RE TO BLAME?

The dude and his legal team is FUBAR

Old 02-22-2019, 05:32 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
I wouldn’t think he’s making any kind of comeback any time soon. Not only has he besmirched the back community, the gay community, and the liberal community, now he seeks to align himself with the recovery community. The entertainment community is made up of not one, but a healthly mixture of ALL those communities. He couldn’t enrage more people he needs if he tried. (Scrap that - he tried as much as he could, it would seem.)

Old 02-22-2019, 05:37 PM

18,444 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I wonder when drugs and/or being overworked will be used as an excuse.
read two posts before your post......post 3492

Old 02-22-2019, 05:40 PM

18,444 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Completely delusional post.

Being black or gay does not let you get away with crimes.
-------
Originalist ......Actually, it does these days
-=====

Of course it does....the knock out game went on for years
...how many black people were charged with a hate crime?........zero

Old 02-22-2019, 05:45 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,860 times
So if he falsely reported a "hate crime" against himself, perpetrated by two unknown assailants, what were his motives ?

If his motives were to stir up hatred and potentially violence against those racist MAGA people...and of course we know they are ALL white people....isn't that make him guilty of a hate crime himself ?

His intent was to create violence against all those evil homophobic, racist MAGA white people by proxy. His motives certainly weren't to improve race relations.

If I rob a bank with two of my friends, and one of them shoots a guard and he dies.....I too am guilty of murder, even though I didn't fire the gun, isn't that called "jointly and severally liable" ? If his intent was to inspire others to act violently (or a reasonably person could see this happening) against a certain race or ethnicity due to a criminal and willful act, I would think this would apply.

Perhaps common sense applies. If it's a legitimate hate crime for what he claim was done to him, but it turns out to be false and never happened, one would think his motives were also hateful against those he accused, pretty much by default, and any violence against those he originally accused, resulting from his actions, would rest on him as well as the actual perpatrators of said violence...again, joint and several liability.

On a side note, and we knew something like this was coming....now he's claiming he has an untreated drug problem. Poor fellow....only $60,000 per TV episode, he's such a victim. So he'll offer to go away for 30 or 60 days to a drug treatment center and all will be well Judge. It's not my fault...I'm a victim here.

Only in American do people clamor and strive to be victims, willfully. Everybody wants to be a victim....in this case he made 100% of it up to become one. How sad is that, when rather than be strong, proud and strive to overcome the circumstances we don't like, and persevere and forge ahead....we instead love to wallow in being a weak little victim. It's like as a society we're 180 degrees off kilter.

And...paying your "associates" in this false, fake felony crime, via personal check ? Wow, he ought to be more embarrassed by that than anything else. How incredibly stupid is that!!! I've never watched his TV show, but while he may be a good actor, he's definitely not the brightest light bulb.

Last edited by jasper1372; 02-22-2019 at 07:11 PM..

Old 02-22-2019, 05:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Next up the left and Smollett will blame Trump. Due to Trump's policies Smollett was forced to stage a fake attack and file a false police report, to bring light to the plight of all gay, black, males in the USA. The VIEW will have Smollett on, sobbing out his story of why he lied. Good Morning America will have him on with a team of Dr Phils to explain that Smollett suffers from PTSD from Trump winning in 2016.

Universities across the land will have safe spaces for all who feel oppressed and will name the buildings the Smollett building. Harris, Waters and Warren will introduce a bill that will award reparations to anyone who claims to have ever felt threatened by those stupid MAGA hats. It will be named the Smollett Reparations Act.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:59 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
So if he falsely reported a "hate crime" against himself, perpetrated by two unknown assailants, what were his motives ?

If his motives were to stir up hatred and potentially violence against those "racist MAGA" people...and of course we know they are ALL white people....isn't that make him guilty of a hate crime himself ?

His intent was to create violence against all those evil homophobic, racist MAGA white people by proxy. His motives certainly weren't to improve race relations.

If I rob a bank with two of my friends, and one of them shoots a guard and he dies.....I too am guilty of murder, even though I didn't fire the gun, isn't that called "jointly and severally liable" ? If he inspired others to act violently against a certain race or ethnicity due to a criminal and willful act, I would think this would apply.

People have been speculating about that endlessly. It may have been a mix of several things---to advance his singing career, to advance his acting career, to make a political statement (he makes no secret of his hatred for Trump), to make his name well known to everyone, to help out Kamala Harris (with whom he has some connection) with her political career and advance her anti-lynching bill.......no one really knows what his motives were. Whatever they were, it appears at this point that he cooked up the plan all by himself.

Sheriff David Clarke weighs in that he thinks the motive was political.

https://www.infowars.com/sheriff-dav...s-only-motive/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies