Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 11:18 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When congress has a power and can't handle it they pass it off to the President. He doesn't need to go around congress. All he has to do is stay on the road they paved for smooth travel.
What does this even mean? Your words make zero sense.

Congress does not "pass it off" to the President to come up with whatever he wants to do.

Declaring a fake emergency to bypass lack of support in Congress is "staying on the road they paved for smooth travel?"

I'm sorry, but you really need to pick up a copy of the Constitution and read it... and emergency powers were intended for ACTUAL emergencies, not strategic bypassing of Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 11:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Another maniacal wall thread. (Yawn)

Old 01-30-2019, 11:23 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Will the military be able to go to court for eminent domain court cases?

Old 01-31-2019, 12:33 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,763,725 times
How's the military going to pay for it? Everything they do is budgeted and financed by Congress. Yes, that Congress, the one run by Pelosi.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:40 PM

230 posts, read 94,764 times
I head piglosi as expected is refusing to do as she said she would and negotiate in good faith. Oh well if there is another shut down its COMPLETELY on her.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:50 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
I head piglosi as expected is refusing to do as she said she would and negotiate in good faith. Oh well if there is another shut down its COMPLETELY on her.
1. How old are you? I ask because adults dont generally talk like that. Piglosi is more of a schoolyard sort of thing. And as per the TOS you have to be 16 to post here.

2. And the vast majority of people know better. Polls make it very clear that the majority will hold Trump and Republicans responsible. Negotiation isnt "I will veto anything without a wall"

Hopefully the senate will teach him again that they are a coequal branch, and act like the adults in the room.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:54 PM

230 posts, read 94,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
1. How old are you? I ask because adults dont generally talk like that. Piglosi is more of a schoolyard sort of thing. And as per the TOS you have to be 16 to post here.

2. And the vast majority of people know better. Polls make it very clear that the majority will hold Trump and Republicans responsible. Negotiation isnt "I will veto anything without a wall"

Hopefully the senate will teach him again that they are a coequal branch, and act like the adults in the room.
More than double the age to post here,the polls are wrong just like they were in 2016,President Trump doesn't even need to declare a NE as this thread shows,doing so is a waste of time so not sure why he would do it he can just send military to do it and there is ZILCH the Anti American leftists can do about it. Yes that is negotiating he offered them a deal more than once,she said she would negotiate in good faith when government reopened but as is the leftists mindset she lied AGAIN.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:46 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Dems are the worst in the name calling in here. Their references to our president with juvenile name calling such as Orange Man, etc. is pure hypocricy on their part. Most of the conservative forum members in here do not resort to that childishness. They are sure quick to point it out when one does though while ignoring the many juvenile remarks of their own in here.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:44 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I guess you didn't know military members were more than killers. They have many different skills, professions and trades which is why young people are encouraged to join.

If you followed Q you'd have known for over a year that Trump planned to have the Army Corps of Engineers build the wall. He's let the Dems expose their own true motives and hypocrisies.
I was a “troop” when you were watching Brat Pack movies. Gimme a break. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
They are to defend our borders and the most dangerous border is our southern border.

That and the Combat Engineers. My wife's best friend's husband is a Combat Engineer in the Army,also what my son wants to do.
Our most dangerous border is our airports. That’s where any potential terrorist is gonna show up here from.

I live on the Mexican border...the danger is highly exaggerated.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:05 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What does this even mean? Your words make zero sense.

Congress does not "pass it off" to the President to come up with whatever he wants to do.

Declaring a fake emergency to bypass lack of support in Congress is "staying on the road they paved for smooth travel?"

I'm sorry, but you really need to pick up a copy of the Constitution and read it... and emergency powers were intended for ACTUAL emergencies, not strategic bypassing of Congress.
If Trump is intending to declare an Emergency to build the border wall, we can expect a whole slew of legal challenges to ensue, which will tie that up for years. Ol' Trump will just declare victory and blame it on Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies