Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 07:03 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Abortion is a necessary evil in a society with a social safety net, as unwanted or unaffordable children are a drain on the economy. It's best if the abortions are done early though, before the little humans get recognizable features and may become more capable of feeling pain.

Abortions should be free(tax payer subsidized) and encouraged in the first trimester, expensive and discouraged in the second trimester, and prohibited except in the case of health and viability reasons in the third trimester.
The bolded is exactly what it is. They are not free in the first trimester, though. While I agree that abortion is a necessary evil for a variety of reasons, realize that late-term abortion has nothing to do with the lack of a social safety net or an unwanted/unaffordable child. They are done only when the health/life of the mother and/or a lack of viability is an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 07:05 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
D-Fairfax, why am I not surprised.

Luckily we still have a strong Republican Senate and House of Delegates as well.

Although I sure don't like it, to say it lightly, this will never pass.

But for those that hate it as much as I do, don't forget to Vote.

Every Vote is important. Whenever there is an Election and you have a chance to cast it, cast it.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:05 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Abortion is a necessary evil in a society with a social safety net, as unwanted or unaffordable children are a drain on the economy. It's best if the abortions are done early though, before the little humans get recognizable features and may become more capable of feeling pain.

Abortions should be free(tax payer subsidized) and encouraged in the first trimester, expensive and discouraged in the second trimester, and prohibited except in the case of health and viability reasons in the third trimester.
I agree with you to a point and think we need common sense consensus on this, which would be encouraging and limiting them to the first trimester. I do not think they should be publicly financed, but I do believe that birth control and the morning after pill should be made widely available.

Unfortunately, for the abortion industry, that is not good enough and instead, they have a vested interest in assuring that abortion is as widely available as possible.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:

Abortions should never be free and taxpayer subsidized. Maybe if people used a bit of common sense, and some protection, behaviors would change.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:09 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
The bolded is exactly what it is. They are not free in the first trimester, though. While I agree that abortion is a necessary evil for a variety of reasons, realize that late-term abortion has nothing to do with the lack of a social safety net or an unwanted/unaffordable child. They are done only when the health/life of the mother and/or a lack of viability is an issue.
Well they should be. And even in cases of health and viability in late term abortions I hope there is a lot of oversight regarding the methods used to kill the little humans before their extraction and disposal. People who are big on the positive rights of non citizens residing in our country should not be against using more humane methods of dispatching those humans who have not yet reached legal personhood.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:10 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems you'd rather kill the mother.
That's an oft used lie by the Left. There is no condition that would kill a mother while on the delivery table that couldn't be alleviated at the same time.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:12 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Murder

Old 01-30-2019, 07:13 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Abortions should never be free and taxpayer subsidized. Maybe if people used a bit of common sense, and some protection, behaviors would change.
But they don't, and then the rest of us get stuck with the bill. We are usually talking about ignorant people with no impulse control here. I am all for taxpayer subsidized birth control as well, and public grants for research in to male birth control. I also support lacing the water supplies of third world nations with birth control as well, since it doesn't seem we'll be closing our borders anytime soon and we have irrational policies regarding inward migration. But maybe that can be done in secret.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:13 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
even if a woman is dilating......

and I thought Cuomo was Satan in the flesh......

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...-bill-n2540461
Any mainstream media links? Or just right wing stuff?

Old 01-30-2019, 07:14 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Since protection is 100%effective (it isn't)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies