Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 07:48 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
For like 2 seconds. lol.

But I will say this about the Democrats. They love to give the the opponents they are most scared up, endless exposure to the public. Trump played them like a fiddle on this in '15 & '16 and ended up beating both the Clinton & Bush political dynasties.

Bleating deranged Democrat/MSM outrage over Schultz has accomplished the remarkable outcome of giving Schultz national exposure at 0 cost to him. The poor self important progressive Democrat, who claims to be more enlightened/educated are like deer with headlights in their eyes. Can't see the truck about to knock them down.
I'm not defending the Democrats. I don't support parties. I've explained why I will not vote for Schultz. He has absolutely no chance if he is running on cutting Social Security.

"I'm a billionaire but you are getting too much of what you were promised so we have to cut that. Buy generic Cheerio's".

It's a complete non starter. He will walk away empty handed just like when he demanded millions in taxpayer money for his basketball team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Does the President write, pass and sign his own laws?
He sets an agenda and he signs or veto's what passes his desk.

Quote:
Is the implication here that the new plan to the raise the federally mandated minimum wage is to totally bypass Congress and go 100% with Executive Order?
No, it's to elect someone that cares about more than millionaire/billionaires.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:52 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's been explained more than once.
Not really.
People keep saying if he doesn't know the price of cheerios, he couldn't possibly understand the strife of the common man. Which is absurd on its face, but who decided that was the strife barometer?

Old 01-31-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Not really.
People keep saying if he doesn't know the price of cheerios, he couldn't possibly understand the strife of the common man. Which is absurd on its face, but who decided that was the strife barometer?
No idea what simple groceries cost. Cutting Social Security. Not interested in boosting minimum wage. It's clear what he is interested in. Himself. That's not uncommon but it's most certainly not something (D)'s are going to support.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:32 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
I am a loyal Cheerios eater. It is the best tasting cereal not loaded with sugar. I buy it frequently but couldn't tell you the exact price. I think it's around $3.50 for a large box if you shop somewhere cheap...which is a good value IMO.

I wouldn't expect Shultz to know the price. He is rich and lives a different lifestyle than the common person. That doesn't mean he would be a bad President. I don't see this as a litmus test at all.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:36 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Probably a better choice for president .
Probably would have. He knew how to count. And his wife would have told him had he been inclined to do something stupid.

As the father of 3 sons, he damn sure would have kept us out of wars of convenience, and not killed kids with drones.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Holy cow, an anecdote that disproves my theory! Yes, your sample of one is indeed compelling evidence.
Point being we don't know jack chit about any of these people. We know only what the candidates, their handlers and their party want us to know.

And 75% of us know even less.

The same people deciding who will be the POTUS don't know how water gets to their house or where it comes from.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
He sets an agenda and he signs or veto's what passes his desk.

If we believed Trump, we'd think the POTUS can do anything he pleases. And 10Xs better than anyone else.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:57 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Only those who eat nutrition absent, food value overpriced junk foods could and would know the answer to that infantile gotcha question. Only those seeking easy cynicism lap it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What the heck? He's running for president not trying out for the contestant of the Price of Right. Look I for one am not interested in whether leaders know how much a box of cereal costs. I doubt Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump know either.

Can we get a serious media, please?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-...does-not-know/

Old 01-31-2019, 10:10 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
I have no idea either. A couple of bucks? I don't buy Cheerios. What, am I supposed to just rattle off from memory that it was $3.99 in major retail stores as of last week, but there was also a buy one get one free promo going on? Who the F cares?

And why would you care if a candidate knows how much Cheerios cost? Are there not more important criteria for evaluation that we can could come up with?

What's next week gonna be? Does he know the selling price for Crest white strips?

People are ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies